Author Topic: Marvel Comics: Civil War  (Read 5797 times)

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
Re: Marvel Comics: Civil War
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 11:15:35 PM »
I didnt mind Infinite Crisis as much as Civil War. I mean we all know that there going to bring half these characters back anyways and a character like Captain America is guaranteed to be back. But really gets to me is taking characters and totally changing that characters personality for a sales gimmick.. Thats like having Superman stealing nukes and sell them to 3rd World country. Or Batman blowing up half of Gothem just to get to one villain. Its just something these characters wouldnt do. Thank god DC didnt do that in IC. As far Spider-man Being Unmasked. Well My Question is why should he even wear the costume anymore. Everybody knows who he his and unlike Captain America. Hes not a symbol of a whole country. So why wear the costume. He could do his job just as good in plain clothing. Plus that alot of the appeal of Spider-man was that he had to deal with all his problem while maintaining his secret identity. Not to mention all the other crap marvel has done to Spider-man like the Gwen Stacy/Green Goblin sex thing and turning Spidey into Iron Man lacky. Now dont all you get upset. This is just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 12:38:55 AM by Road_Element »

Offline Goshzilla

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2007, 12:37:50 AM »
I really got into the early re running of the Teen Titans which started with writer Geoff Johns way back when it came out around the same time as the cartoon series. It was just an all around good running of a comic book series that needed a decent follow up after the Judas Contract story arc. Good stuff but I lost interest after Superboy was killed, there was the Cassandra/Batgirl turned heel  and joining up with Deathstroke to defeat the Titans, but it just didn't hold my interest the same as the build up to the inifite crisis did. So I pretty much dropped reading it after that.

Started up on Sonic the Hedgehog comics, they are at least trying to get something going where Tails and Sonic are enemies not sure how it will play out in the end, the writer said it will be in there for at least three issues building up from issue 176 which comes out next month.

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2007, 10:02:57 AM »
Say whatever you want about Brian Bendis, but his man-crush for Luke Cage has been unequivocably good for Marvel. Just don't screw it up, Tyrese.

:o  Why don't they just add "You one baaad mamajama"
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2007, 04:19:05 PM »
Yeah can I go on record in saying that Luke Cage is my favorite comic character right now (excluding members of the runaways) he is awesome in so many ways and his marriage to Jessica rules.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 11:11:26 AM »
Baby Cage doesn't have a name yet, does she?