login

Author Topic: The Simpsons Season 12 now out on DVD--slightly improved packaging.  (Read 778 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
It's still in the eco-friendly accordion style pack, but they cut out a small semicircle that exposes the DVD for easier gripping.  You don't have to dig underneath and risk tearing the sleeve.  It's much easier.

spaceforarent

Re: The Simpsons Season 12 now out on DVD--slightly improved packaging.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »
Just got mine in the mail today. I love trying to pick out the parts that were cut out for the tv edit.
A lot of people seem to think the quality dropped by this season, but I think it's still as good as ever. They didn't lose me for another couple seasons.
I remember watching A Tale of Two Springfields back when it originally aired, and eventually checked to see if Whatbadgerseat.com was a real website, and it used to be. It still exists, but not on its own http://www.thesimpsons.com/badgers/index.htm

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:10:07 PM »
You know what the most eco-friendly DVD packaging of all is?  The kind that I keep on my shelf and don't toss in the landfill because it doesn't completely suck ass.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5618
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:14:30 PM »
While this packaging is an improvement over the previous one, it still means that I am sliding the disk against cardboard. HELLO?! Anybody there? Think, McFly! Think!

Eco-friendly packaging doesn't have to mean stupid and damaging to the disks. It's poorly thought out crap like this that give eco-friendly stuff a bad name.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »
You know what the most eco-friendly DVD packaging of all is?  The kind that I keep on my shelf and don't toss in the landfill because it doesn't completely suck ass.

Exactly!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5618
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »
While I found this one much better than the last, I still printed my own cover and put them in a 4-pack amaray case.  You know, with holders that keep the discs from being scratched.

Beautiful art on the case; shame it's in a box in storage.  Wake up, guys.
I agree on the case art. I have liked the artwork on all these, and will continue to get them, but I really do have to believe there is a better way to do the design. Perhaps with a small plastic piece in the center just to hold the disk in, the rest being cardboard?