Author Topic: References.  (Read 6897 times)

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
Re: References.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 04:00:54 AM »

I enjoyed the cameo by "dramatic ground hog/ground squirrel", which might be an obscure meme to most.

I believe the meme is called Dramatic Prairie Dog.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 326
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »
Crap. I knew the "Grizzly Man" got himself killed by bears, but I'd never heard that he also got his girlfriend killed. Now I'll be ticked off about that for a while. I don't deal well with girls being hurt.

Offline fixman88

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »

I enjoyed the cameo by "dramatic ground hog/ground squirrel", which might be an obscure meme to most.

I believe the meme is called Dramatic Prairie Dog.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dramatic-chipmunk-drama-prairie-dog

There's a ton of good stuff (including a bunch of things I've never heard of) on that site!
MST3K Fan Since Turkey Day 1994!
Vulpix Fan Since 1998
Star Trek Fan Since 1979
Second Life Resident Since March 2, 2007

Offline JonahFalconNYC

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 04:50:15 PM »
I cracked up over the Grizzly Man reference in spite of the grisly nature of his totally avoidable death, as tasteless (No pun intended, really.) as it might seem seeing as how Timothy Treadwell also caused the violent death of an innocent woman as well.

Yea, that's one I laughed at but felt a little embarrased after.  Is it wrong to think that it would be perfectly fine to make fun of him if he was the only one the bears ate?  Sort of like the Darwin Awards. 

Yeah, I wouldn't have felt so guilty chuckling at that line if it was that idiot who was mauled by those bears after years of being told by rangers not to get so close to them. But the dolt had to involve his soon to have been ex-girlfriend in his suicidal delusions. On top of that his actions caused two of his beloved Grizzlies to get shot to death because they started attacking other humans checking out the site as well.

IT's called winning the Darwin Award.

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 187
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 07:39:06 AM »
Just watched the Moose Baby short (yeah... I'm a little behind on my shorts).  Found it to be hilarioius.  One of those that I wish I got when it came out.  Anywho... I was coming here for 2 references.  Glad to see the John Kruk one solved for me already.  The other: I know I've heard Moose Baby referenced in other RiffTrax, but can't remember for the life of me which one(s).  Any help?

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 326
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 08:26:25 AM »
Just watched the Moose Baby short (yeah... I'm a little behind on my shorts).  Found it to be hilarioius.  One of those that I wish I got when it came out.  Anywho... I was coming here for 2 references.  Glad to see the John Kruk one solved for me already.  The other: I know I've heard Moose Baby referenced in other RiffTrax, but can't remember for the life of me which one(s).  Any help?

Matrix Revolutions and the short Fad Diet Circus both reference Moose Baby. In the former, Mike compares the Trainman to Moose Baby. The latter starts with girls in bikinis and Mike says "Moose Baby is no longer my favorite short." (Too bad that didn't last long)

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 187
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 10:34:03 AM »
Just watched the Moose Baby short (yeah... I'm a little behind on my shorts).  Found it to be hilarioius.  One of those that I wish I got when it came out.  Anywho... I was coming here for 2 references.  Glad to see the John Kruk one solved for me already.  The other: I know I've heard Moose Baby referenced in other RiffTrax, but can't remember for the life of me which one(s).  Any help?

Matrix Revolutions and the short Fad Diet Circus both reference Moose Baby. In the former, Mike compares the Trainman to Moose Baby. The latter starts with girls in bikinis and Mike says "Moose Baby is no longer my favorite short." (Too bad that didn't last long)
Very cool. Thanks!   Great memory btw.  8)