Author Topic: The Greatest Album Of All Time  (Read 26802 times)

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
Re: The Greatest Album Of All Time
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2007, 07:40:30 PM »
I don't think there's any Pink Floyd album that would make my list of greatest albums ever..... though I love Les Claypool's cover of "Animals"

I'm probably very partial to The Wall... When i saw that film as a little kid it changed my entire idea of what a movie could be. It actually inspired me to go to film school, so i guess it kinda' changed my life~

As far as Les Claypool... if you have that Frog Brigade album, i was actually there. That was an amazing show because nobody had any idea what was coming. The band played a set with a little bit of everything, took a break, then came back and played the entire Animals album. It was absolutely surreal. Of course, that could've been because of... uh, nevermind~

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2007, 07:45:24 PM »
 :D Rude was Santa Cruz-ing.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2007, 09:48:27 PM »
I don't think there's any Pink Floyd album that would make my list of greatest albums ever..... though I love Les Claypool's cover of "Animals"

I'm probably very partial to The Wall... When i saw that film as a little kid it changed my entire idea of what a movie could be. It actually inspired me to go to film school, so i guess it kinda' changed my life~

As far as Les Claypool... if you have that Frog Brigade album, i was actually there. That was an amazing show because nobody had any idea what was coming. The band played a set with a little bit of everything, took a break, then came back and played the entire Animals album. It was absolutely surreal. Of course, that could've been because of... uh, nevermind~

-Rude

Are you implying that the audience may have partaking in illicit substances? At a rock and roll concert? GASP!

Les Claypool is frreaking amazing. Too bad his voice is so damn weird.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:58:09 AM by Sharktopus »

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2007, 02:25:57 PM »

-Rude

I've actually still want to see The Wall even though I don't like Pink Floyd, I've heard before how insane it is..

I would have LOVED to have been at one of the shows on that tour, not only because of that second set but because that was probably the best Frog Brigade line up to date; everyone in Sausage, Eenor, Jeff Chiamanti, and of course Skerik.  I've been into Claypool since I was little (because I went to Primos Elementary and I learned there was a band called Primus) but I didn't get really into him till 2003 I guess...  I had fun seeing them 5 or so times this summer, and that 2 of the guys know who I am now, but you really lucked out seeing them that early

Also, Of Whales & Woe was pretty weak
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:57:20 AM by pyro »

Offline MarkAndrew

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2007, 03:01:13 PM »
I'm guessing my musical taste is REALLY different from y'all but...
Towards the Within by Dead Can Dance
The Planets by Holst...LOVE the Mars theme
AstroCreep 2000 by White Zombie
Back in Black by AC/DC....I have seen MANY women take their clothes off to this album...occasionally even outside of strip clubs
Operation MindCrime by Queensryche...I always wanted to be Dr. X though
Synchronicity by The Police...I don't think I'm alone on that one
Fallen by Evanescence
Hello Nasty by the Beastie Boys
Hot Rocks by The Rolling Stones
Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos
MCMXC A.D. by Enigma....I kept buying their albums expecting them to be this good again...and it still hasn't happened
Our Time in Eden by 10,000 maniacs...Natalie keeps the crazy and the depressed suppressed for once!
So by Peter Gabriel

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2007, 08:40:50 PM »
Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger

ya know, it's too bad people have forgetten what a great band soundgarden was. you want to hear cool time signatures & great writing? listen to these guys.

Or Eleven, who - great as Soundgarden were - did it even better. And when they backed and co-wrote Chris Cornell's solo album, that was five-star perfection. Still nominally around, but kind of on hiatus, I fear. I hope they'll be involved in CC's upcoming second album.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »
Since he just became the most unexpected addition to this year's Bonnaroo line-up:

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2007, 02:41:08 PM »
Since he just became the most unexpected addition to this year's Bonnaroo line-up:

Why must Bonnaroo be so far away?

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2007, 05:27:53 PM »

satch

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2007, 01:03:20 PM »
Why must Bonnaroo be so far away?

All festivals run moderately well with decent line ups are for me....  I may actually make it again this year if I can get work with 1 or 2 people.  Will quit on the spot though and find a new way home if either one compromises me missing Ornette Coleman

Offline Jubilee

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.
    • Devious
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2007, 06:14:57 PM »
I must also add Metallica's Live Orchestraic album.

"X-Men come back more times than Jesus."

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2007, 08:10:52 PM »
I must also add Metallica's Live Orchestraic album.

I'm not familiar with this word "orchestraic."   ;)  But yeah, Metallica's S&M is awesome.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2007, 01:49:43 AM »
hey pyro did you get his newest album?  i think it was called sound grammar.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2007, 10:47:49 AM »
Ornette?  nope...  I only actually own 4 of his (Shape, Skies of America, Human Feelings, Virgin Beauty)...

is it worth getting?

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Give me your pudding!
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »

yep

and I'm throwin this out there. tough to pick one U2 album

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:02:01 PM by Quicksilver »
The Ood: The Beast and his armies will rise from the pit to make war against God.
Rose: I'm sorry?
The Ood: Apologies. I said: I hope you enjoy your meal.