Author Topic: Flogging Molly  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
Flogging Molly
« on: January 11, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
 Anybody here a fan of Flogging Molly?
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: Flogging Molly
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:05:32 AM »
I quite enjoy Flogging Molly but all I have is a burned copy of Drunken Lullabies. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 09:13:13 PM by Sharktopus »

Offline Bob M.

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Think you can take me? Well, go ahead on.
    • Bob M. Montgomery Images
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »
Big fan, saw them on the Montreal date for the Vans Warped Tour 10, and they were amazing... all the records are great, but the newest studio album, Within A Mile from Home, is excellent stuff.
Bob M. Montgomery Images
Fine Art and Commision Photography
http://www.BMMImages.com/

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 09:51:43 AM »
One of the greatest live acts around! I'm nowhere NEAR being Irish but you jsut haveta love their tunes.... very poetic. they play here in Dublin Square almost every St. Patty's day.

"And the rosary beads, count 'em one-two-three, fell apart as they hit the floor...."
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:16:31 AM »
I quite enjoy Flooging Molly but all I have is a burned copy of Drunken Lullabies. Any suggestions?

Go to your closest music store and get a copy of Swagger. That's the first album they recorded. It is really quite fantastic. Also you can go to youtube and watch some recordings of their concerts.

P.S. If you like the music of Flogging Molly and you don't know what to do then just buy it because you will not know until you try it. :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 12:44:04 PM by Groucho2006 »

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »

Flogging Molly has one the most intense live shows that i've ever seen! They were just amazing and had the entire room jumping~ Every time they come to town i pick up tickets. I remember once i caught them and Slayer in the same week, and Flogging Molly actually seemed to put more energy and effort into their live show. Now, that's sayin' something...

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:17:07 AM »

Flogging Molly has one the most intense live shows that i've ever seen! They were just amazing and had the entire room jumping~ Every time they come to town i pick up tickets. I remember once i caught them and Slayer in the same week, and Flogging Molly actually seemed to put more energy and effort into their live show. Now, that's sayin' something...

-Rude

Wouldn't it have something to do with the age difference? Slayer can't slay like they used to  ;)

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 04:28:42 PM »
A pissed off Irish punk band is bound to have tons of chaotic energy...... Where'd you see them live??
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »
 Their latest album, Whiskey on a Sunday, comes with a dvd that documents how the band came together. It's pretty awesome. The link below will take you to a little preview of what the dvd has to offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOXAnmFIOr4

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 04:30:21 PM »
By the way, if you enjoy Flogging Molly, you might want to check out New York's Black 47. And for more Irish punk there's always Dropkick Murphys.