Author Topic: GWAR on Fallon, October 28th!  (Read 4601 times)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
GWAR on Fallon, October 28th!
« on: August 02, 2009, 07:37:33 PM »
Yeah, I'm glad we're on the itinerary...a Friday night, nonetheless!!! I'm hoping this is only a precursor for their 25th Anniversary celebration. Anyway, the dates:

9/21 Providence, RI @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
9/22 Montclair, NJ @ The Wellmont Theatre
9/25 Oklahoma City, OK @ Coca Cola Bricktown Events Center
10/5 Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
10/8 Wichita, KS @ The Cotillion
10/9 Des Moines, IA @ Val Air Ballroom
10/10 Fargo, ND @ The Venue
10/20 Norfolk, VA @ NorVA
10/30 Moncton, NB @ Moncton Coliseum Exhibition Hall C
11/6 Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave/Eagles Ballroom
11/7 Springfield, MO @ The Shrine Mosque

I've eleven weeks to come up w/ a conception for the white-tee. :)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:15:31 PM by T-RAD »
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: GWAR Dates! (opening for Lamb of God)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:30:34 PM »
They are celebrating their 25th Anniversary for two years.  I am pretty sure that on the nights that Lamb Of God is opening for Metallica GWAR is doing their own thing.  A woman i work with husband is in a band that will be opening for GWAR and I know that on Halloween they will be back in the Boston area. So I will get to see GWAR as an opener in Sept and headliner in Oct.

I can only imagine how stripped down the GWAR sets are going to be. So I am glad I will get to see a proper GWAR show in a short period of time.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 05:47:43 AM »

...hahahaha. They're planning on celebrating their 25th for two years. I read something a short while back w/ Brockie expressing that but assumed he was just joking around. That's so awesome!

The logistics for their upcoming fall tour is goofy w/ the dates that have been slowly trickling out. I'll be catching one of the straight-up headlining shows, too, in Minneapolis. Luckily enough, they're playing the tiny 1st Avenue, in Minneapolis, the day after the Riot Fest finishes up, and I'm going to append a day onto my short-hiatus from work/studies and  road-trip over for it (this is gonna be the best 3 days, ever!). And I'm of course going to catch the co-headlining gig, in Milwaukee, as I'm very pumped up to see them playing upstairs in the Eagles.

By chance, have you gotten an advance copy of Lust in Space?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 09:11:22 AM »
By chance, have you gotten an advance copy of Lust in Space?

Sadly no....  The labels these days are very stingy with advance promos with the internets and all.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 11:34:43 PM »
<a href="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=60459259,t=1,mt=video" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=60459259,t=1,mt=video</a>

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 02:39:13 AM »

...if you want to see somethin' spectacular, go see GWAR. Okay, don't see GWAR. Fuck you, then!

Sleazy!!!  :D

*attempts to play a CD on a turntable*

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 04:42:18 AM »
*steals a car and drives to Metal Metal Land*

Wow, does LiS bring it! I'm hoping they play "Damnation Under God" this fall as the pit's gonna explode. Now, that song sure slays! It's tragic w/ what happened to Zog, he's fucked.

:D

"Metal Metal Land" has joined the pantheon of my favorite GWAR tunes...you'll always hear your favorite band here in METAL METAL LAND! Then there's "Make a Child Cry", oh GWAR...you do rule the Universe.

LiS is most definitely my favorite GWAR album since We Kill Everything, and along w/ the almighty Scumdogs of the Universe, my favorite albums by them. Now I cannot wait until their fall tour!

Scumdog for life, I am!

Edit: Had a total brain failure w/ the acronym for the new album!   :D

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:27:51 AM by TeamRAD »

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »

Way to go, guys!

In other news, as much as I'm electrified for the GWAR/LoG double-shot in November, I can't recall the last time I paid in excess of $35 dollars w/o ticket charges for a show.  Oh and Dethklok's touring w/ Converge this fall, the season is becoming all too surreal for me.  :)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 03:13:18 PM »

Torso, have you caught their recent tour yet, and if so, is Sleazy on it? I didn't have the time, or the energy for that matter, to make the roadie to Minneapolis, but in two weeks, it's war in Milwaukee.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 08:43:33 PM »

Torso, have you caught their recent tour yet, and if so, is Sleazy on it? I didn't have the time, or the energy for that matter, to make the roadie to Minneapolis, but in two weeks, it's war in Milwaukee.

No Sleazy. At least not live. They had a very funny video they played before they came out.  That was when they were opening for LOG. Next week (HALLOWEEN!!) they are headlining so we will see if he is there for the full show. Also for the show next week they have this:

It should be cool.

Also their merch table this time is OUT OF CONTROL. I didn't buy anything when I saw them opening for LOG but for the halloween show i am going to be broke!

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 10:43:58 PM »

I'm so jealous you're seeing them on Halloween!  :)

On the other hand, I'm going to try my hardest to make the 12/7 show in Chicago for the Meat and Beat. I just wish it wasn't on a Monday AND at the HoB. Double Whammy!!

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
Re: GWAR on Fallon, October 28th!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »
I was going to bring this back up regardless, because GWAR's returning to Milwaukee for Halloween after its one-year deviation. But....

"Gwar To Violate Jimmy Fallon"

Not content with violating obnoxious female comedians or raping hobbits, Gwar plan to let a nationwide network television audience witness them doing unspeakable things on a late night TV show's stage.

Yes, that's right, Gwar is set to appear on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on October 28th, playing "Zombie's March!", the first single from their new album "Bloody Pit of Horror", out Nov. 9th on Metal Blade Records.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/oct/re04Gwar_To_Violate_Jimmy_Fallon.shtml

So bloody awesome!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 05:20:27 AM »
They are rolling through here on the 16th as part of a horror convention. There is no guarantee that you can get into the show and I really hate the venue so I am gonna pass. I am hoping to get some vacation time in Nov. and go back to Arizona. They are playing two nights there and if I time it right I can go to both.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
It would be funny if they were fans of Rifftrax and did do a version of the High School musical song that Mike refered to.