Author Topic: We need customized slimline covers for The Simpsons!  (Read 860 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
We need customized slimline covers for The Simpsons!
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:26:23 AM »
So I was looking at my DVD compilation of The Simpsons season 11, in that god-awful accordion style "eco-friendly" packaging, when a few thoughts came to me.

1) If you take out that accordion thingie with the discs in it, the box has room for two slimline DVD cases.

2) There are 4 discs in the box set.

3) The slimline disc sets of 24 had 7 discs--6 discs of episodes and 1 disc of bonus feature.  The 6 discs of episodes came in 3 slimline cases, 2-discs to a case.

4) I am pretty positive that you can buy these same cases at Staples.

5) There are creative artist types who create slimline DVD cases for Rifftrax, Rifftrax Presents, and iRiff releases.

Wouldn't it be neat if we could get some customized slimline DVD cases crafted, then printed up, then made available to fans discontented with the original packaging?

I know a decent artist who could cook something like this up, but we'd have to pay her, probably 100-200 bucks.  Don't know how thrilled anyone would be to help split the cost on this.  I would provide the new slimline cases, with the covers, in the end.

Or if Piobman, Bob, Ortega, gammer, or anyone else felt like designing these for free, that would be even better.

Thoughts?

This sprung to my mind, particularly, because Simpsons season 12 is coming out in a few weeks.  No clue if they'll use the same awful packaging.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: We need customized slimline covers for The Simpsons!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
What I use for the Simpsons is the regular alpha (standard) DVD case that holds 4 DVDs.   It just snaps open like a regular case.

There are various cover sites you can join that have hires covers of all sort.   Most ones charge a very nominal fee.

PM me if you would like the name of some.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:02:21 PM »
What I use for the Simpsons is the regular alpha (standard) DVD case that holds 4 DVDs.   It just snaps open like a regular case.

There are various cover sites you can join that have hires covers of all sort.   Most ones charge a very nominal fee.

PM me if you would like the name of some.

Did that guy who made that one ever go past season 7?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 04:02:48 AM »
Did that guy who made that one ever go past season 7?

That's what I meant to ask.  If they're available for season 11 and 12, I can remake them to fit slimline.