login

Author Topic: New Old Spice Ad (Featuring BRUCE FUCKING CAMPBELL!!!)  (Read 16887 times)

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
Re: New Old Spice Ad (Featuring BRUCE FUCKING CAMPBELL!!!)
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2007, 02:55:49 PM »
Now if only Old Navy would do something about THEIR image. :^)

Is it me (And I mean nothing racist about this) or do Old Navy commercials OOZE whiteness, even when they bring in other races? :^)

Even as an innocent, non-cynical eight year-old I knew that.  Seriously, I looked at the TV and my jaw dropped.  They were the whitest ads I'd ever seen.  I was really, really embarassed for anybody who worked for them.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2007, 07:47:30 AM »

I dunno... at the risk of being non-PC, I don't see a problem with a company targeting the people they know as their core demographic. I would be surprised if Gap / Old Navy / Banana Republic ever entered any serious competition with Sean John / Fubu / Phat Farm / whatever to be the current urban 'hipster' wear. I guess we could all bury our collective heads in the sand and repress our white man's guilt by throwing a few tokens into the ads. If that would make you feel better and maybe get ya off the soapbox, I'd be all for it.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2007, 08:49:11 AM »
Old Navy is for white people, gap is for whiter people, and Banana Republic is for really white people. Everybody knows that.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2007, 11:04:14 PM »
i personally race is an illusion caused by our culture and that the only real race is the human one. 

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2007, 11:15:54 PM »
^^ not touching this with a ten foot pole ;)
I find its better to be politically correct as much as possible, less chance of undeservedly backing yourself into a wall

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2007, 06:43:08 AM »
Yeah, we should get back on topic...or else I can see this thread getting locked, very soon!

So...how about that Bruce 'Fucking' Campbell guy?...haven't I seen him in something before?

Offline BBQ Platypus

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2007, 07:07:18 AM »
Yeah, he's in every movie ever made.

Oh, wait.  I'm thinking of that dream I had where the imperfect universe in which we live was purged of its suckitude and transformed into an infinitely more awesome one.  Never mind.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2007, 10:00:59 AM »
Old Navy is for white people, gap is for whiter people, and Banana Republic is for really white people. Everybody knows that.

I'm Filipino and Banana/Old Navy are my favorite places to shop lol (American Eagle too). But anyway - When people speak of GAP Inc not being able to compete against franchises like Fubu or Sean John - well they /have/ been competing and /have/ been winning (just not image-wise I suppose). GAP Inc is the second largest retailing corporation in the world, next to Wal Mart (facts they like to shove down our throats at orientation =P ). GAP has locations in Europe and some in Asia, and deals with more money than any other retailer out there.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2007, 10:05:59 AM »
i personally race is an illusion caused by our culture and that the only real race is the human one. 

Kinda typoed, but I'm with the sentiemnt.

Where I come from, the only people who even talk about "different races" are racists. It's an unnecessarily divisive and essentially incorrect label that annoys me no end.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2007, 11:03:10 AM »
   Anybody know what Bruce's cameo in Spider-Man 3 is going to be?   And will this be the Spidey where Elizabeth Banks gets an actual scene instead of a walk-in?

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2007, 11:22:33 AM »
   Anybody know what Bruce's cameo in Spider-Man 3 is going to be?   And will this be the Spidey where Elizabeth Banks gets an actual scene instead of a walk-in?

They don't have him listed on IMDB for this movie, but have you seen the cast thats in it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/fullcredits

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2007, 11:32:12 AM »

They don't have him listed on IMDB for this movie, but have you seen the cast thats in it?

And Kellie Aiken as, "Beautiful Woman!" I love it when the name of the generic character in the credits tell you what you're supposed to think about the character. :^)

Edit: Actually, it seems there are several "Beautiful Women," one "Beautiful woman on street," two "Beautiful Girls" and one "Hot Chic." :^)
Edit edit: And a "Chess Bully"! I don't even know how one can BE a chess bully! I no longer care about seeing Venom in action. I want to see the Chess Bully! :^)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:52:20 AM by Pak-Man »

Offline BBQ Platypus

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2007, 01:10:57 PM »

They're keeping his role a secret until it comes out, just like they did with the last one.  I know it must be true, for the Great Bruce hath said it:

http://www.bruce-campbell.com/archives/news.htm#SPIDER

jasimon1

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2007, 01:15:22 PM »
Well back on the Old Spice is for old people topic....

I work in Market Research and my client in P&G, the makers of Old Spice. I do tests mainly for thier body wash/bar soap division so i get tons of this stuff for free. The other day my boyfriend was complaining about how he needed to go get more cologne cause all he had left was some crappy old spice he was given as a gift. I hated to break it to him that the free body wash he's been using is Old Spice.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2007, 01:53:14 PM »
guys kinda get screwed with "scents"... tag and axe suck also, they just have good marketing.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...