Author Topic: Ok can someone tell me what was so great about Michael Jackson's music?  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
The thing is I mostly just listen to music in way where I don't always know what I am listening to,when I am listening to the radio I don't always wait to find out what I had just heard.  I don't even know what Motown is so I don't know if I like it or not. 

Ok hang about, I'll be back.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Like any of this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
?

Yeah, I'm quite fond of Motown. :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:41:50 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
Eh, I don't really feel much one way or another about his music.  "Billie Jean" is pretty good, I guess.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
Re: Ok can someone tell me what was so great about Michael Jackson's music?
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »
Well, I pretty much hated disco with the intensity of 1000 white-hot suns, but there were a few disco-ish artists that really did have talent, and Michael Jackson was one of them.  It isn't the kind of music I would buy, but he had a string of great albums that I liked listening to if the songs happened to come on the radio (and they came on the radio a LOT).  Michael was also one of the big winners of the early days of MTV, before they decided to totally suck and be all about maximizing money instead of all about music.

He had about four excellent albums, and then started to head off the rails as too much money, fame, and adulation went in his direction.

I can not stand the news coverage over his unfortunate death.  Updates every 10-minutes, most of which can be summarized as "We still don't have a clue about anything anywhere, but we thought we'd run another story which includes the words Michael Jackson on it.  Did you hear us?  MICHAEL JACKSON!  And while we've got your attention, please stay tuned for our upcoming story on Michael Jackson."

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Ok can someone tell me what was so great about Michael Jackson's music?
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 05:38:38 PM »
.....but he had a string of great albums that I liked listening to if the songs happened to come on the radio (and they came on the radio a LOT).

Exactly how I feel about Elvis.  I like him but never owned one record because I hear him enough (for my liking) without them.