Author Topic: Horribly out of syn.  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Horribly out of syn.
« on: July 11, 2009, 01:08:34 PM »
I was watching the Running man (from netflix) and 30 minutes in, it was horribly out of sync and I have no idea where the riff is compared to the movie any more.

Are there different versions?   

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
Re: Horribly out of syn.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 01:12:38 PM »
Let's see. IMDb lists the only runtime as 101 minutes, so if there is another cut it has to be only seconds added or taken off.

These two copies on Amazon both say 101:

http://www.amazon.com/Running-Man-Special-Arnold-Schwarzenegger/dp/B0001932ZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1247343058&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Running-Man-Arnold-Schwarzenegger/dp/B00000JMOJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1247343058&sr=8-2

There is one more DVD on Amazon with no runtime. Not sure. The one DVD listed on Netflix looks like that second link.

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/The_Running_Man/924712
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »
The one at Netflix looks like the old one. I used the 2-disc Special Edition and had no problems with the sync. Can't find anything about a different cut or anything. Just like Red Dawn there seems to be a notable difference between flicks that make the jump from crap laser disc ports to anamorphic widescreen.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:11:39 PM »
Ah, so the netflix DVD is useless then?    It started getting out of sync at 30 minutes when the stupid "solid gold dancers" on the show appeared.    '

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Horribly out of sync
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »
I was watching the Running man (from netflix) and 30 minutes in, it was horribly out of sync and I have no idea where the riff is compared to the movie any more.

Are there different versions?   

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 10:18:17 AM »
Ah, so the netflix DVD is useless then?    It started getting out of sync at 30 minutes when the stupid "solid gold dancers" on the show appeared.    '

Man, I'm getting a reauthor fail today.  First I have the wrong version of Ghost Rider, then I get a copy of Running Man via Netflix...

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »

Man, I'm getting a reauthor fail today.  First I have the wrong version of Ghost Rider, then I get a copy of Running Man via Netflix...

No, we figured out in a different thread that Bob's disc skipped a chapter. There's only one cut of the film available, but there are bum discs out there.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 11:23:48 AM »

No, we figured out in a different thread that Bob's disc skipped a chapter. There's only one cut of the film available, but there are bum discs out there.

Oh ok that's good to know!  Thanks!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 01:33:57 PM »
Was there an issue with the Read Me file?  The sync lines don't appear to be anywhere near the times listed on the DVD.  The 3rd one in appears to be at 7:07 rather than 7:24.  (First 2 were off as well.)