login

Author Topic: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..  (Read 74506 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3782
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..
« Reply #1155 on: January 24, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
The Colts are nowhere near as good as the Saints.  The Saints are pretty much perfect they don't make mistakes the way other teams do,they almost never miss a first down,and the Vikings are the only team that I have seen get past their defense this season.  The Colts are pretty good but they don't play well enough to stop the Saints when they are on fire like this.
That's your opinion but I see it Much Differently But Hey! We'll See in 2 Weeks cause I'll be rooting for the Saints, but Mr Perfection; Payton Manning and his Colts Are predicted to win IMO 8)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1156 on: January 24, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »
The Colts are nowhere near as good as the Saints.  The Saints are pretty much perfect they don't make mistakes the way other teams do,they almost never miss a first down,and the Vikings are the only team that I have seen get past their defense this season.  The Colts are pretty good but they don't play well enough to stop the Saints when they are on fire like this.

I wouldn't exactly say they were "on fire." They were 3 for 12 on third down conversions and they managed only 68 yards on the ground. They should have dominated the Vikings given how sloppy the Vikings were playing. If they don't play up their potential, the Colts could mess 'em up.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1157 on: January 24, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »
You never know, but this one has the potential to be a fun super bowl.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1158 on: January 24, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »
I concur with this analogy as well 8)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1159 on: January 24, 2010, 07:40:24 PM »

Totally! It's tough for a Super Bowl to live up to the hype--and the hype on this one is gonna be HUGE--but if it does, we're in a for a big treat.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #1160 on: January 24, 2010, 07:45:39 PM »
Well the Vikes get screwed thanks to BS overtime rules - thankfully pitchers and catchers report in just 26 days!
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1161 on: January 24, 2010, 07:48:14 PM »
Well the Vikes get screwed thanks to BS overtime rules - thankfully pitchers and catchers report in just 26 days!

Seriously, if the NFL doesn't pull their heads out and change to the college system for next year, I am going to fucking lose it!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1162 on: January 24, 2010, 07:51:20 PM »
Well I'm Still a Huge Favre fan and Hope to meet him and shake his hand one day and say Thank You for keeping our generation young :)
It'd be Extremely Awesome If I could drink a beer or two with him if given the opportunity :cheers:

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #1163 on: January 24, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »
This has been one hell of a tough year for me...Packers fan, yet I was born in New Orleans - and then Favre played great all season, too. Along with being a casual Chargers fan as wekll, I'm glad I don't have to agonize over which team to root for anymore. The San Antonio Spurs of the NFL better watch out in Miami.

In any case, it's time for me to get a new Saints T-shirt before the Super Bowl party, seeing as the only one we have in our house is a Jim Everett shirt.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1164 on: January 24, 2010, 08:51:29 PM »
In any case, it's time for me to get a new Saints T-shirt before the Super Bowl party, seeing as the only one we have in our house is a Jim Everett shirt.

Just curious, does the Everett jersey periodically crumple to the floor for no apparent reason?

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #1165 on: January 24, 2010, 09:19:12 PM »
Just curious, does the Everett jersey periodically crumple to the floor for no apparent reason?

No, but I do have to barricade my closet door whenever Jim Rome Is Burning is on.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #1166 on: January 24, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
It was a great season... tough loss :(

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1167 on: January 24, 2010, 09:52:21 PM »
By the way, that was the purest field goal I've ever seen. That dude absolutely smoked that thing! It looks like the ball is still rising when it crosses the uprights. I mean the ball hits the top of the net!

It's available here if you want to check it out again. The actual kick starts at about 35 seconds in.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq-videos/09000d5d815f2248/Championship-Can-t-Miss-Play-Hartley-kicks-the-win

If you do watch this, listen to the sound the ball makes coming off his foot. It sounds like a cannon!

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #1168 on: January 24, 2010, 10:01:33 PM »
saints all the way.  i had em picked since christmastime.  was a fun evening at the pizza place with some good natured ribbing on both sides luckily the break farve crew was victorious but wasnt easy. 

im not entirely confident in the saints but it should be a good game at least.
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #1169 on: January 24, 2010, 11:17:25 PM »
Ask a question....since I'll admit I know the game mostly but not every little nuance....

Why didn't the Saints try a field goal with a second left?

I know they were probably just out of the kicker's regular distance and therefore it was unlikely that he'd make it....but that didn't make it impossible.  And if somehow he pulled it off they would spare themselves having to hope for the coin toss to go their way - which seems to be the main way you win in overtime.

But what did they have to lose if he tried and failed?  Kicks are almost never blocked anymore and if he missed it couldn't be run back, could it?

What am I missing?