Author Topic: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..  (Read 76185 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..
« Reply #870 on: December 29, 2009, 04:52:31 PM »
Fun watching Denver slowly melt

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #871 on: December 29, 2009, 11:11:23 PM »
The Chargers seem to be the only team headed to the playoffs with any sort of mojo.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #872 on: December 30, 2009, 05:22:53 AM »

It was fun dominating the U, and they're talking Rose Bowl in '11 already here!  Yes, yes...

Big Ten, let's represent this year!!

The Chargers seem to be the only team headed to the playoffs with any sort of mojo.

One could very well make an argument for Green Bay & Dallas, too.   :)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #873 on: December 30, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »

One could very well make an argument for Green Bay & Dallas, too.   :)

Yeah, they're not limping in by any stretch. Although Green Bay giving it up to Pittsburgh was a joke. Also, I think the Chargers would dispense with both of those teams rather easily.

I failed to mention the Eagles! They are rolling. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Chargers v. Eagles matchup in the super bowl.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:00:32 PM by D.B. Barnes »

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #874 on: December 30, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »

Green Bay giving it up to Pittsburgh a joke? Well, it was entertaining, but both teams went bananas offensively b/c of the familiarity w/ each others 3/4 defensive schemes (Capers/LeBeau, no doubt). It wasn't a coincidence, and they were bothTop-10 defenses overall prior to that showdown, too (I believe we were #2 and they were #7 overall). So a joke, nah, more so an anomaly.

The Cardinals pose a real threat b/c our defensive weakness is in our secondary since Harris went out, and no one can stop Fitzgerald. Woodson may slow him down, but to shut him down, it would be so awesome but no way. As for Boldin, it's going to be more than likely chaos for Tramon, and I don't want to think what could possibly happen to Bush. They're in all likelihood going to be our playoff matchup, and it could possibly become wild. Here's hoping our pass rush can disrupt, big-time.

Check it out, Aaron Rodgers for "NFL Player of the Next Decade"...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/article/2009-12-30/players-next-decade-rodgers-james-mauer-and-ovechkin

Because when I think of LeBron & Ovechkin, I think Aaron Rodgers! That's neat!!

And isn't this Mike Leach drama crazy? The James' family has taken down two programs now, that's impressive! Way to Craig & Adam, jerkwads.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #875 on: December 30, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »
A "joke" is probably a bit harsh, but they just couldn't hold a lead in that game...and they had a few of them. As for entertaining, it was definitely one of the most exciting games of the season. You are right in being concerned about the secondary. Big Ben threw for what, 500+ yards? If the Cardinals play the Packers, I think it will come down to which Warner decides to show up, the deadly accurate passing machine or the guy who makes really bad decisions.

Either way, I didn't mean to slam your Packers. Best of luck.  :)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:13:32 AM by D.B. Barnes »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #876 on: December 30, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »
And now for a DJ Steve Porter mix.. 8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/8uHCcaqLUmM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/8uHCcaqLUmM</a>

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #877 on: January 02, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »
Looks like i'll be around to see a few final regular season games as my possible plans to go to Acapulco didn't pan out (thanks again to the wife's procrastination ::) )   :o

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #878 on: January 02, 2010, 12:44:51 PM »
Next year, our fantasy football league must start the playoffs a week earlier.   In in the 3-4 match up playoff games and I actually had to cut Phillip Rivers and pick up Billy Volick as Rivers is getting the final game off!

And the Rams going for the loss to lock up Suh!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #879 on: January 03, 2010, 08:17:05 AM »
Ugh, made the mistake of walking by the TV with ESPN Gameday on.    There was a list on TV listing all the AFC teams that have a chance of making the playoffs and I hear Chris Berman gargle out, "it's like a roar-shark chart figuring this all out".   Then a few seconds later I hear Chris Carter utter their new "Come on man" catch phrase, and my soul got a little darker.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #880 on: January 03, 2010, 10:08:25 AM »
Showing I Mexico..

Steelers @ Dolphins
Giants @ Vikings
Patriots @ Texans

8)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #881 on: January 03, 2010, 10:24:12 AM »
And as Wes Welker gets carted off the field with a knee injury in a meaningless game in Houston, the Colts head coach just looks a little bit smarter....

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #882 on: January 03, 2010, 11:13:18 AM »
Looks like my Bills are showing some life.. (21-7 over the Colts) :o

Better late than never I guess :P

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #883 on: January 03, 2010, 11:22:23 AM »
Looks like my Bills are showing some life.. (21-7 over the Colts) :o

Better late than never I guess :P

Must be due to "Cowher Power"

Sources: Bills, Cowher talk coaching jobComment Email Print Share By Chris Mortensen
ESPN
Archive
Even before Buddy Nix was named the Buffalo Bills' general manager, league sources say there was a "stealth meeting" with Bill Cowher last week.

It is believed that owner Ralph Wilson Jr. joined team president Russ Brandon to gauge Cowher's potential interest to return to coaching.

The Bills, who also met with Mike Shanahan after Dick Jauron was fired, believe talks with Cowher were very productive, the sources added, but gave no indication whether Cowher will take their head-coaching position if it is offered.

Cowher reiterated on CBS' The NFL Today that he is "not going to talk about any jobs during the regular season."

A Bills spokesman did not respond to voice and text messages regarding the Cowher meeting.

Nix will interview interim coach Perry Fewell on Monday, as well as meet with other Buffalo assistant coaches.

Chris Mortensen is the senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #884 on: January 03, 2010, 11:34:47 AM »
The Vikings are kicking backside.  To think a friend of mine was telling me this past summer that Farve was all washed up.