login

Author Topic: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..  (Read 74826 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..
« Reply #585 on: November 16, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »
Man, the MNF game was as bad as the SNF game was good. Talk about polar opposites!

Cleveland is like a mediocre college team. Did you get a look at the stands? Looked like the beginning of 28 Days Later.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3789
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #586 on: November 16, 2009, 08:59:18 PM »
Man, the MNF game was as bad as the SNF game was good. Talk about polar opposites!

Cleveland is like a mediocre college team. Did you get a look at the stands? Looked like the beginning of 28 Days Later.
I didn't even bother watching this one, instead I watched Monday Night Raw  8)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #587 on: November 17, 2009, 02:33:23 AM »
I honestly think I am a better QB than anything Cleveland has.    Why on earth they hired that loser Mangini is anyone's guess.    Reminds of of when Rich Kote got rehired right away by the Eagles after losing over ten games with the Giants.

Those poor fans deserve better.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #588 on: November 17, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »
So the Bills fired Coach Dick Jauron.. :o
(The fans Demanded this..)

The Buffalo Bills' season has apparently hit a new low.

Head coach Dick Jauron was fired Tuesday with the Bills off to a 3-6 start and struggling to score points on offense.

At this point, the staff has not yet been told who will hold the post of interim coach, though the odds-on favorite is believed to be defensive coordinator Perry Fewell.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson says it was "a difficult decision," but one he felt he needed to make in the "best interest of our team."

The Bills are averaging just over 15 points per game on an offense that acquired Terrell Owen this season but remains unsettled at quarterback. The defense is riddled with injuries, and has allowed an NFL-worst 173 yards rushing a game.

The move comes two days after Buffalo returned from a bye week and were beaten 41-17 by the Tennessee Titans. Jauron leaves with a 24-33 record over three-plus seasons.

"I really don't have anything to say," was all Jauron would say when reached on his cell phone by The Associated Press.

The Bills play at Jacksonville on Sunday.

Buffalo, which has not made the playoffs since 1999, has now gone through four coaches since the end of the 2000 season, when Wade Phillips was dismissed. Gregg Williams was not rehired after his three-year contract expired, while Mike Mularkey abruptly resigned after a front-office shakeup following the 2005 season.

Jauron was hired by general manager Marv Levy, who took over the post following Tom Donahoe's dismissal. Jauron has been on the hotseat ever since last season, after he led the Bills to their third consecutive 7-9 finish.

Expressing a need for continuity, Wilson elected to retain Jauron. The Hall of Fame owner, however, noted that he was aware of Bills fans' dissatisfaction with the team, and warned that he wasn't going to be "complacent" in seeking improvements, particularly on offense.

Those improvements haven't come even after the team made a big splash in free agency by signing Owens to a one-year $6.5 million contract in March, days after the receiver was released by Dallas.

Owens hasn't provided a spark to an offense that has been undone by a young and inexperienced offensive line and poor play at quarterback, whether it's starter Trent Edwards or backup Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The Bills haven't generated 300 yards offense in eight of nine games this season, including their past seven. They also haven't had a quarterback generate 200 yards passing since Edwards had 230 yards in a 33-20 win over Tampa Bay in Week 2.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #589 on: November 17, 2009, 03:41:25 PM »
He was dead man walking when he paniced, signed TO and fired his offensive coordinator in the preseason.

Cheer up, Charlie Weiss might be available soon!

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #590 on: November 17, 2009, 03:53:25 PM »
He was dead man walking when he paniced, signed TO and fired his offensive coordinator in the preseason.

Well, sounds like a 'local guy' (from Gastonia, NC - west of Charlotte) has been brought in as Interim head coach..

Also, there's a rumor going around that the Bills are looking at possibly acquiring Michael Vick  for a possible starting QB job for next season.. :-\

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #591 on: November 17, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »

Well, sounds like a 'local guy' (from Gastonia, NC - west of Charlotte) has been brought in as Interim head coach..

Also, there's a rumor going around that the Bills are looking at possibly acquiring Michael Vick  for a possible starting QB job for next season.. :-\

Ugh, if the Rams ever signed him = end of season tickets.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #592 on: November 18, 2009, 03:17:07 PM »
Bills are in the process of trying to set up a meeting with Mike Shanahan to be their new coach/GM.......

RVR II better pray hard.....

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #593 on: November 18, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »
Bills are in the process of trying to set up a meeting with Mike Shanahan to be their new coach/GM.......

RVR II better pray hard.....
Aw Hell.. That's All they had to choose from?? :-[

And the Fins come to town tomorrow night for some Thursday Night football :o

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #594 on: November 18, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »

Duck's Phins vs. RVR's Bills! Is there a wager or is it for NFL thread bragging rights?

Duck's Bills makes more sense. Oh well.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #595 on: November 18, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »

Duck's Phins vs. RVR's Bills! Is there a wager or is it for NFL thread bragging rights?

???
My Panthers are playing the Fins here in Charlotte tomorrow night, but as for a winning wager.. My Panthers are just to damned unpredictable (like my Bills as well) :-[

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #596 on: November 18, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »
No Ronnie Brown for the Fins as he is out for the season.   Can Ricky run the wild cat, can he carry the load?

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #597 on: November 18, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »
No Ronnie Brown for the Fins as he is out for the season.   Can Ricky run the wild cat, can he carry the load?
So long as he ain't carry'n a load of Pot Brownies! :rimshot: :D :D

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #598 on: November 18, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »

???
My Panthers are playing the Fins here in Charlotte tomorrow night, but as for a winning wager.. My Panthers are just to damned unpredictable (like my Bills as well) :-[

Sorry! My bad. I get your teams mixed up. Maybe because they both eat.  ;)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #599 on: November 18, 2009, 03:57:24 PM »

???

Sorry! My bad. I get your teams mixed up. Maybe because they both eat.  ;)