login

Author Topic: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..  (Read 76385 times)

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
Re: The 2009 NFL Season Kicks Off on Sunday, August 9!!
« Reply #435 on: October 25, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
I'm actually more satisfied with the Vikings' play this week than I am with their play last week, in spite of the fact that we lost.  Our backup CBs really stepped up in holding Big Ben to 175 yards.  I wasn't expecting that.

We got a few bad breaks and made some mistakes in bad places.  But the way we played gives me confidence that we can beat the Packers at Lambeau - and not just an eke-out win, either, but a sound thrashing.  Bottom line: if Taylor catches that ball, we're still 7-0.  We've been pretty good with turnovers for most of the year - this week was an aberration, I think.

We had to lose at some point - I don't see any 16-0 teams.  Maybe some 15-1 or 14-2 teams, but not 16-0.

Pittsburgh is better on defense and offense than Green Bay, and their fans are even louder and more enthusiastic (perhaps the only ones in the league who are), so I don't think we'll do anything other than play better next week.  If the Vikings go 7-1 into the bye week, the division is theirs.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #436 on: October 25, 2009, 11:48:40 PM »
Oh yeah, I almost forgot..

I heard from some folks at the tailgate party that have insider connections with the Panthers that another Big Reason the Richardson sons left the Panthers franchise during the off-season was because they were in serious negotiations to bring Michael Vick onboard because they knew Delhomme was a liability for the teams future success but that Dad (and owner) Jerry Richardson axed the negotiations because he really likes Jake Delhomme and also because Jake is his Son-in-law  :speechless:
???
Again this is through the 'grape vine' and haven't heard about any facts to back this up but it's an interesting thought.. :o

And what Vick did never entered into it....

*Sigh*

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #437 on: October 26, 2009, 05:05:55 AM »
Oh yeah, I almost forgot..

I heard from some folks at the tailgate party that have insider connections with the Panthers that another Big Reason the Richardson sons left the Panthers franchise during the off-season was because they were in serious negotiations to bring Michael Vick onboard because they knew Delhomme was a liability for the teams future success but that Dad (and owner) Jerry Richardson axed the negotiations because he really likes Jake Delhomme and also because Jake is his Son-in-law  :speechless:
???
Again this is through the 'grape vine' and haven't heard about any facts to back this up but it's an interesting thought.. :o

And what Vick did never entered into it....

*Sigh*
See, and that's why I wonder IF there was any real truth to it and also another reason 'dad' shot down the idea.. :-\

I'm gonna look into this rumor some more just for curiosity's sake.. :o

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #438 on: October 26, 2009, 05:47:36 AM »
Delhome's father in law is the team owner?

No wonder he got that nice new contract after his 6 INT playoff game last year.   :scared:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #439 on: October 26, 2009, 05:50:07 AM »
Delhome's father in law is the team owner?

No wonder he got that nice new contract after his 6 INT playoff game last year.   :scared:
Yeah I know, right ???
This is also news to me (or maybe I just missed it somewhere over the years), but as of last night, his status as the 'starting QB' is now FINALLY being reevaluated.. :o
FAMILY AND BUSINESS DON'T MIX PEOPLE!!! Believe me! I KNOW FIRST HAND!!! :angry: :angry:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:53:52 AM by RVR II »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »
Hey, RVR II, time to update the title of this thread, I mean, the baseball thread is kept up!

Looks like Larry Johnson must have a guaranteed contract!

Chiefs RB Johnson calls out coach on Twitter
Updated: October 26, 2009, 3:39 PM EDT 132 comments
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has belittled his rookie head coach on what appears to be his Twitter account, saying Todd Haley has "nuthn" when it comes to NFL-quality credentials.

The remarks were posted several hours after the Chiefs (1-6) were routed at home 37-7 by San Diego on Sunday.

One tweet read: "My father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches." That is followed by: "My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans". Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn."

Haley did not play high school or college football. He attended college on a golf scholarship. He was hired by first-year general manager Scott Pioli to replace the fired Herm Edwards.

Johnson refused to speak with reporters Monday. Haley's regular news conference was scheduled for later in the afternoon.

A spokesman for the Chiefs said Monday it was not certain if the tweets, posted under the alias of "Toonicon" were posted by Johnson. The Kansas City Star reported, however, that Johnson had said previously that the online alias is his and the account includes a link to Johnson's personal Web site.

The final post read: "Make me regret it. Lmao. U don't stop my checks. Lmao. So 'tweet' away."

The tweets drew responses, including one that referred to a nightclub incident in which Johnson was accused of spitting in someone's face. Johnson's response include a three-letter homophobic slur.

Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowler, is no stranger to controversy. Last year, he was benched for three games by head coach Herm Edwards for unspecified violation of team rules. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him for the fourth game for violating the league's player conduct policy in connection with incidents involving two women in bars.

He was then sentenced to two years' probation after pleading guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace. One woman accused him of throwing a drink on her and another said he had pushed her head at a Kansas City night spot.

A judge earlier this year suspended the sentence and said he would remove the guilty plea from the public record if Johnson finished the probation period without further incidents.

Johnson was one of the best running backs in the NFL in 2005 and '06, rushing for more than 1,700 yards in each season. In 2006, he set an NFL record with 410 carries, but his production fell to 559 yards the following season after sitting out training camp in a contract dispute.

Running behind a poor offensive line, he has not done well this season, averaging only 2.7 yards per carry on 132 rushes.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #441 on: October 26, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »
Ha, a follow up........... I guess he is trying to be suspended.

LJ drama continues with locker-room scene
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

TODD FEEBACK
Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, less than 24 hours after taking on coach Todd Haley on his Twitter profile, maintained an edge Monday when approached by reporters in the team's locker room.

Hours after Kansas Citys 37-7 loss to San Diego on Sunday, Johnson tweeted several controversial remarks directed toward Haley and the coach's lack of football experience. Haley, who is in his first season as a head coach at any level, never played football in high school, college or the pros.

A message posted on Johnson's profile, whose username Sunday about 7 p.m. stated: "My father played for the coach from 'rememeber the titans'. Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn."

Johnson continued the rant, and, in later responses directed toward Johnsons Twitter followers, contained inflammatory remarks about gays. In a reference to someones profile picture, Johnson called it a "fag pic" and called the person a "Christopher street boy," a reference to a predominantly homosexual section in New Yorks Greenwich Village. Johnson's Twitter profile was taken private and some posts were deleted.

On Monday in the Chiefs locker room, Johnson used another homosexual slur after saying he wouldnt speak to reporters.

Johnson, sitting next to second-year running back Jamaal Charles, told reporters that "I'm not talking till Thursday," his usual day of speaking with reporters.

Then Johnson turned away and whispered.

"Get your faggot ass out of here," he said.

Johnson's agent, Peter Schaffer, spoke briefly to The Star on Monday but said his flight had just landed and couldn't talk. Subsequent calls werent immediately returned. Schaffer acknowledged on Sunday night that Johnson's tweets were his own but said the running back intended to compliment his father, Larry Johnson Sr., is the defensive line coach at Penn State and not disparage Haley.

Johnson had expressed frustration earlier Sunday, shortly after the Chiefs' loss at Arrowhead Stadium.

"This is what this organization has been doing since I've been here," Johnson said. "This is my third head coach in seven years I've been here. It seems like this is what we keep doing: going back to the drawing board. We bring in new coaches, new organization, new schemes, new mentality, new attitude."

The Chiefs are 1-6 and have a bye this weekend.

To reach Kent Babb, call 816-234-4386 or send e-mail to kbabb@kcstar.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #442 on: October 26, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »
Hey, RVR II, time to update the title of this thread, I mean, the baseball thread is kept up!

What do you want it to say "The 2009 NFL Season" ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 01:14:44 PM by RVR II »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
Re: The 2009 NFL Season..
« Reply #443 on: October 26, 2009, 01:37:06 PM »
There!
Ya Happy Now, Bob?! :angry:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The 2009 NFL Season..
« Reply #444 on: October 26, 2009, 01:39:09 PM »
There!

Not really, no.    It should be more peppy..... but no fair calling it "The 2009 NFL Season and the Rams Suck".

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
Re: The 2009 NFL Season and the Rams Suck..
« Reply #445 on: October 26, 2009, 01:44:28 PM »
There!

Not really, no.    It should be more peppy..... but no fair calling it "The 2009 NFL Season and the Rams Suck".
Ok fair enough ;D

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: The 2009 NFL Season and the Rams Suck..
« Reply #446 on: October 26, 2009, 01:59:38 PM »
There!

Ok fair enough ;D

Nice!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
Re: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..
« Reply #447 on: October 29, 2009, 01:01:16 PM »

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #448 on: October 29, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »
Yeah, that's how guys want to see women....in lingerie and from bleachers way, way, way far away....   :D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #449 on: October 29, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »
A Special Thanks to TeamRAD for making this for me for Halloween..

AWESOME Job!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: