Author Topic: Wow really no love for the Running Man Rifftrax Presents I see  (Read 14048 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Wow really no love for the Running Man Rifftrax Presents I see
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 05:38:37 AM »
Just watched it, I thought it was solid.  There was nothing spectacular but I liked a lot of the the tech jokes.

Perimeter deactivated.

**Pulls out Casio keyboard**

Don't you mean your seeeeeeenthizier?

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 08:38:51 PM »
Just watched it, I thought it was solid.  There was nothing spectacular but I liked a lot of the the tech jokes.

Perimeter deactivated.

**Pulls out Casio keyboard**

Don't you mean your seeeeeeenthizier?

Every time they did that voice when they were making fun of her, I thought of their SW: ANH iRiff and saying in the same accent (as Greedo) "My heead is like a Koosh Ball!" Still cracks me up. There's just something about goofy accents that gets me . . . when they're done right.

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
I greatly enjoyed this riff, I know it's not for everyone (the heavy use of bad puns/punishment, neither mike nor the guys are present), but I thought it was very fun/funny and had great chemistry.  Well done.

I like to hear different riffers/riff groups so I have Dirty Dancing (LOVE IT), House of wax (well done Mr. Elliot) and manyyyy Iriffs.  I'm very glad that IRIFFS has given new groups to develop and share their laughs... more I say more!!!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 09:43:23 PM »
Yeah. I finally got to watch this after I installed my new burner. Loved it. I don't need Chad to only riff on SW movies. Hopefully Blame Society will be back with more soon (with CHAD!)
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 04:36:47 AM »
Yeah. I finally got to watch this after I installed my new burner. Loved it. I don't need Chad to only riff on SW movies. Hopefully Blame Society will be back with more soon (with CHAD!)
Agreed! :clap: :clap:

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 03:31:11 PM »
Maybe it's because I do like puns, but I thought this was a fun riff track.  There is some intangible magic ingredient that's missing, so I would not rate it as a "10", but I enjoyed the whole track.  It probably would have been helped by a more variety in types of jokes.  If you take out the puns (which I liked) and the jokes on mispronounced words (which I also liked), there wasn't a lot of variety in the remaining riffs.

They started out the track by having Chad say that he was there because "he needed the money", and that was a good enough explanation for me.  I think of him as just a third riffer, so all I care about is if he's got some funny lines.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »
I think it helps if you know him from the web series. The ineptitude and hesitance on some of the Chad riffs makes sense that way. He tries to be evil, but he's just too clueless.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
I think it helps if you know him from the web series. The ineptitude and hesitance on some of the Chad riffs makes sense that way. He tries to be evil, but he's just too clueless.
Agreed!
I'm really looking forward to Season 2 of his web series :D :D

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »
...  It probably would have been helped by a more variety in types of jokes.  If you take out the puns (which I liked) and the jokes on mispronounced words (which I also liked), there wasn't a lot of variety in the remaining riffs.

I should follow up to also note that if you take out all the dumb puns that Arnold said, there wouldn't be much dialog left!   :)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »
This is the second Rifftrax Presents I've tried, Tron being the first. I mostly liked Tron, but more importantly it made me realize something: As good as Mike, Kevin and Bill are, I'm a little sick of hearing only them (and Disembaudio).   

The Running Man was a favorite of mine as a kid, so I had to try it. It took me two viewings to really appeciate this. The first time I was too taken aback by the voices I didn't recognize. (I'm not familiar with Blame Society), but on the second viewing I really got into it. As I write this, I'm on my fourth viewing, and I have to say, it's becoming a favorite.

Arnold Schwartzenegger and Maria Conchita Alanzo: Dueling accents.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 05:25:53 PM »
I wouldn't say I am sick of Mike, Kevin and Bill, but I really appreciate the variety that RTP provides - it makes M,K+B feel more fresh when I come back to them.

I really liked that run of RTP releases and hope there are more coming soon. I've enjoyed every new person that's released a Riff.

What ever happened to the James Lileks one that was in the works?
FINE

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »
Chad is funny ANYTIME ANYWHERE.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 10:13:01 PM »
The Running Man was a favorite of mine as a kid, so I had to try it. It took me two viewings to really appeciate this. The first time I was too taken aback by the voices I didn't recognize. (I'm not familiar with Blame Society), but on the second viewing I really got into it. As I write this, I'm on my fourth viewing, and I have to say, it's becoming a favorite.

That is exactly the problem I have with Tron. I have no idea who is talking or recognize who is talking at anytime. I need to watch it again soon.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com