login

Author Topic: "Island" for $4 new  (Read 4314 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
"Island" for $4 new
« on: January 08, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »
Just a heads up for our American readers who have yet to pick up a copy of "Island of Dr. Moreau": From the 14th to the 20th, Best Buy (and presumably Bestbuy.com) will be selling the flick for $3.99. Line up early, just in case they run out! (cough)

BTW, "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" and "You Got Served" will also be $3.99, just in case you want a head start on future Rifftraxs.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: "Island" for $4 new
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »
Cool thanks for the news, my used copy has dozens of scratches on it. I'll definitely be picking one of these up.

Also, I generally like to give heads up on sales too but how do you know a week in advance of the best buy sale, do you put together the ad for best buy or work at a printing company?

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »
Cool. The Island DVD should have Parts: The Clonus Horror as a bonus the way The Truth About Charlie DVD has Charade on it. Whatever happened to that lawsuit? Bruckheimer probably gave the Clonus producers Pirates t-shirts and walk-on roles on CSI to shut 'em up.

Edit: I have no idea why I got The Island Of Dr Moreau confused with The Island.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:57:05 AM by Sharktopus »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:33:50 PM »
Minnesota: Nope. I'm not connected with BB or a paper in any way. But someone in the DVDtalk forums has early access to the print ads and will post summaries of the sale prices.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
icic

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 11:16:41 AM »
Geez...I just ordered the dumb thing for 4.99 from DVDPacific...why doesn't that surprise me? It's amazing how many terrible movies I own now thanks to Rifftrax...there is actually a copy of Star Trek V on my shelf...and there is NO good way to play that off. I just hope nobody actually bothered to buy Crossroads, now there's a shame sandwich

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »
Cool. The Island DVD should have Parts: The Clonus Horror as a bonus the way The Truth About Charlie DVD has Charade on it. Whatever happened to that lawsuit? Bruckheimer probably gave the Clonus producers Pirates t-shirts and walk-on roles on CSI to shut 'em up.

Edit: I have no idea why I got The Island Of Dr Moreau confused with The Island.

I saw an article in the paper last month (cannot seem to find it online though) that a judge through out a motion by the defense to dismiss the case and it is heading towards a trial date.   There is NO WAY the defense can let this go to trial.   The prosocution's entire case should be two DVD players up and running the movies side by side.   Case closed!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 04:32:32 PM »

I saw an article in the paper last month (cannot seem to find it online though) that a judge through out a motion by the defense to dismiss the case and it is heading towards a trial date.   There is NO WAY the defense can let this go to trial.   The prosocution's entire case should be two DVD players up and running the movies side by side.   Case closed!

I also wonder whatever happened with the lawsuit between the producers of Underworld and the Whitewolf series of RPGs that Underworld blatantly ripped off.