login

Author Topic: opinions  (Read 11279 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: opinions
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 01:04:10 PM »
I watched it, trying to remember what spawned that huge crush I had on Demi Moore when I was a teenager.

Also, it was a very funny riff too.  Janet is so entrancing--beautiful, smart, and funny.  Oh... that other guy was funny too.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 12:05:18 PM »
I'm just glad that Swayze was wearing a shirt when he got killed.  Otherwise, we would have been looking at Planet of Dinosaurs levels of shirtlessness. We would have been looking at even-more-shirtless-than-Road-House levels of Swayze shirtlessness.  The ladies might have liked that, but I think it's a load of bull shirt.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 10:14:57 PM »
Another awesome 'trax from Janet and Cole. They have the same manic energy and awesome chemistry that sold me on Dirty Dancing. Hope we don't have to wait as long as last time for more.

Offline Halifirien

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • One nation under Doom
    • Random Notes
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
I finally got my copy of "Ghost" from Amazon today before work, so I'll be settling in later with a big bowl of popcorn and letting the hilarity wash over me. I was a big fan of their "Dirty Dancing" riff, and I think I made my sister into a fan because she cracked up and could barely breathe when Baby did her bomber impersonation at the end. I'm under orders to bring "Ghost" the next time I go home.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 06:34:23 PM »
I loved their Dirty Dancing riff and was looking forward to this one, but was extremely disappointed. I found Janet and Cole to be annoying most of the time. When they were commenting on things actually happening in the movie, they were usually funny. But most of the time they just used something in the movie as a jumping off point for some unfunny, annoying sketch. I actually muted the audio a few times because I couldn't take it.

Just my two cents.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 12:06:52 AM »
Janet and Cole seem to be very polarizing. They have a very distinct riffing style. I find it a refreshing break from the norm, but others seem to just find it annoying.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 05:17:57 AM »
Janet and Cole seem to be very polarizing. They have a very distinct riffing style. I find it a refreshing break from the norm, but others seem to just find it annoying.

I was fine with their style on Dirty Dancing. But with Ghost, they seemed to forget that the movie, not their shtick, is supposed to be the focus.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »
I think pineapples are the most disgusting fruit on the planet, and peppers are the worst vegetable.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 10:47:01 AM »
I think pineapples are the most disgusting fruit on the planet, and peppers are the worst vegetable.

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was for people to share their opinions, good or bad, about the riff. And even to perhaps provide reasons for their opinions, as I did.

My bad.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 11:43:48 AM »

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was for people to share their opinions, good or bad, about the riff. And even to perhaps provide reasons for their opinions, as I did.

My bad.

Oh.  You guys wanted opinions about the riff.  I was just offering opinions.

I liked it.  I can't articulate why.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 04:06:23 PM »

My bad.

I don't think Thrifty was having a go at you, just making a joke to do with the title of the thread.
FINE

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »

My bad.

I don't think Thrifty was having a go at you, just making a joke to do with the title of the thread.

Yeah, that occurred to me afterwards. Sorry, I'll get out on the other side of the bed tomorrow.    :-[

Offline Dr. Whopoopeepee

• Big Montana
  • NERDS!!!
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 09:30:08 AM »
These two do some funny riffing.  I eagerly await their next release.  Although they may have to do it sans Swayze, as most of his work has already been riffed by someone.  How will they do without their shirtless safety net, I wonder?

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »
Fun as always, Janet's dumb guy voice is perfect and their chemistry is always tops, not quite Dirty Dancing quality to me but still a fun riff!