Author Topic: opinions  (Read 11291 times)

Offline Moxobna

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
opinions
« on: June 25, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »
Well, hmm. I really wanted to like this, but it just isn't my brand of humour, I guess. Okay, Patrick Swayze isn't particularly bright. It was kind of mildly amusing. The first time.

I'm all for new Riffers (more Josh Fruhlinger, please) but why are these two being so heavily promoted? I had *much* more fun with Children of the Corn and Erin and Gary Slasher. I mean, I don't even like horror movies, and I'm planning on watching it again.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
Re: opinions
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »
It's a well-known fact of life that different people have different opinions.  I didn't pick up their first Rifftrax project, but I picked up this one and thought it was great.  I don't see how this track is getting any more "heavily promoted" than any other track.  It's the official release for this week, so it gets the promotion for this week.

MightyJack

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 02:26:13 AM »
Yeah I thought they were very funny. Personally I thought Fruhlinger stunk, so as NanoGhost said, we all have different opinions and we're not all going to like the same thing. But Ghost was right up my alley and Janet and Cole were a kick.

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:14:50 PM »
Personally I thought Fruhlinger stunk

As a totally biased party who helped out on the Frulinger track, I think a lot of the trouble with Spiderman 2 was the audio initially.  His was just very quiet for the first 20-30 minutes.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 03:19:57 PM »
I enjoyed the riff a LOT.  I hope they take on more films.

Is it wrong that I really don't consider Ghost to be all that bad of a movie?!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 03:48:34 PM »

Is it wrong that you liked Ghost?   WHY YOU INHUMAN MONSTER!!!!

I think everyone has a movie or two that they like for which others would be surprised.   I liked the movie Quarantine and I sure I am the only one on the planet that did.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 04:18:03 PM »

Is it wrong that you liked Ghost?   WHY YOU INHUMAN MONSTER!!!!

I think everyone has a movie or two that they like for which others would be surprised.   I liked the movie Quarantine and I sure I am the only one on the planet that did.

It's been years since I've seen Ghost, but I do remember liking it.  Thought Whoopi was hilarious in it as a kid.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »
Personally I thought Fruhlinger stunk

As a totally biased party who helped out on the Frulinger track, I think a lot of the trouble with Spiderman 2 was the audio initially.  His was just very quiet for the first 20-30 minutes.

My friends and I recently watched the Spiderman 2 riff for the first time the other night. It was part of a Spiderman Rifftrax Trilogy marathon. We all thought Josh did fine. To each his own I suppose. My friend Jordon had never seen a Rifftrax before. He was only familiar with the three Cinematic Titanic episodes I'd shown him on his previous visit.

To get back on topic, I haven't seen the riff for Ghost yet, but we all enjoyed the riff for Dirty Dancing. That was actually Candice's first Rifftrax. She's a big fan of the film, but she viewed it as a roast so she wasn't offended or anything.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:26:50 PM by FordPrefect »

Offline RockSiren

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 24
    • The Store
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »
Well, hmm. I really wanted to like this, but it just isn't my brand of humour, I guess. Okay, Patrick Swayze isn't particularly bright. It was kind of mildly amusing. The first time.

I'm all for new Riffers (more Josh Fruhlinger, please) but why are these two being so heavily promoted? I had *much* more fun with Children of the Corn and Erin and Gary Slasher. I mean, I don't even like horror movies, and I'm planning on watching it again.

I was actually wondering why they were being so heavily promoted too...nothing against 'em, really, just curious.

Offline Courtney

• Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »

I was actually wondering why they were being so heavily promoted too...nothing against 'em, really, just curious.

Where are they being heavily promoted?  Just the Caption Contest thread, right?

Offline RockSiren

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 24
    • The Store
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 08:08:50 PM »
Oh, arent they on the main page?

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
 I liked the movie Quarantine and I sure I am the only one on the planet that did.

I liked it too. I also liked Ghost. I should probably watch this again because I became more interested in the movie than the riff.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 09:20:21 PM »

Hey Rifftrax, here's a new business plan for you - stop telling people when you release a product.
FINE

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »

Yeah along with all the other current and new RiffTrax.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »
 I liked the movie Quarantine and I sure I am the only one on the planet that did.

I liked it too. I also liked Ghost. I should probably watch this again because I became more interested in the movie than the riff.

I liked both movies as well.  Neither will win any awards but both were entertaining enough and worth watching. Quarantine was a decent if uninspired  entry  in the whole new 'hand-held camera horror' genre ala Blair Witch.  Cloverfield combined the Blair Witch thing with the whole Godzilla monster thing, while Quarantine did the Blair WItch/zombie thing. I know opinions are all over the place but I'm a fan of the whole Blair Witch camera thing and thought Cloverfield was a good film.  There is a certain sense of urgency and tension that seems to be in these films that I don't find in a lot of other horror movies.  Then again, I don't know how much more mileage they can get out of it. They have to start getting more creative than Quarantine if they're going to keep me interested for much longer. I'm guessing the next move might be a Blair Witch/Vampire thing, seeing how popular Vampires are now.