Author Topic: THE ROOM: The Drinking Game  (Read 95110 times)

Offline zenmichael

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
    • Holy Nightmare Productions
THE ROOM: The Drinking Game
« on: June 19, 2009, 02:43:09 AM »
As a standard disclaimer, I must say, first off, you should be over 21 before attempting any of the following, and even if you're watching the movie with the riff, you MUST follow the rules and only drink when the line is said BY THE ACTORS IN THE FILM; to do otherwise would be less of a drinking game and more of a Roman Holiday-esque binge drinking episode that would very likely result in alcohol poisoning.

For up to seven viewers! Each one picks a theme and drinks every time it occurs in the film!

1. Any time Lisa is referred to as "sexy" or "beautiful." For this one you're going to want someone with a high metabolism, your tank drinker, if you will, since the film is quite top-heavy when it comes to this trope. If you're not careful, you could easily slip into a coma before you've even reached Chris R's riveting scene.

2. "Don't worry about it!" You're going to most likely set up a row of shotglasses, as there are often times when this line gets repeated in rapid succession. Be sure to listen closely; there are a few times that it's more slurred under someone's breath than shouted in the weird Euro shriek it's meant to be heard in.

3. Any time Johnny greets someone with, "Oh, hai, [X]!" Pretty self-explanatory here.

4. Now, this one's a little wacky, so you're going to need a good solid person for this, one who can be trusted not to forget that they've got two themes here. Any time someone mentions what a great guy Johnny is OR any time someone mentions (usually Mark) that Johnny is Mark's BEST FRIEND. I know, this one doesn't quite work, BUT the one line gets kind of dropped about the same point in the movie the other line gets brought into play (they overlap some, of course, which is why you're going to need to watch out for this one).

5. Every time there's an establishing or transition shot that's actually filmed in San Francisco. If you're not 100% sure (I wasn't about the florist's exterior), then take a drink anyway.

Those first five are the more fun, 'weekend party with friends' versions. If you're seriously wanting to get sloshed, there are some more intense games we can play, oh yes.

6. Down an entire fifth of vodka whenever any of the following lines are uttered:  "You're tearing me apart!" ; "I feel like I'm sitting on an atomic bomb about to explode!" ; or "I definitely have breast cancer." They're all kind of money shots, but they only occur once in the film apiece. This is more about quantity of booze than quality.

7. Take a drink EVERY TIME THAT GODDAMN DOOR IS OPENED. You might not think it's that bad for the first half hour, but by the time the party rolls around this game is a steep descent into madness and liver failure.

Any other ideas are warmly welcomed. If I see one, I might say, 'Oh, hai, nice drinking game idea!' I was tempted to put in the football playing, but it's really not that often in the film; it just sticks out so much because it's SO bizarre. Perhaps if you drank CONSTANTLY during those scenes? In any case, I couldn't help but be struck by the fact that Wiseau, as a writer, must have continually said to himself, 'Have I used the line "Don't worry about it?" I don't THINK I have in the past few pages. Maybe I should check. Nah, I'm sure it's fine!'

Enjoy at your own risk.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:17:00 PM by zenmichael »
Michael T Bradley
Ice on Mars

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 56
Re: THE ROOM: The Drinking Game
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »
An even better drinking game is to take a swig of your favorite beverage while watching What About Bob? Everytime the name BOB is said, take a drink. I guarantee you won't make is past the half way point.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:33:19 AM by CHF01 »

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:56:35 AM »
How about a drink anytime you see a spoon?  Or a rose?

Or when they show someone going in or out of that little storage shed that's supposedly the door to the stairs down from the roof (it's not realy real, is it?).

Anytime Lisa says she doesn't love/like Johnny?

Offline Lovye

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Always and Forever: Disembaudio Squadio
    • S2*
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »
Do we drink scotchka to make it authentic?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »
Do we drink scotchka to make it authentic?

ya..... it tastes goooooood.

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 05:13:12 AM »
The part of this thread I find so amusing is that some posters actually think people have to be told to drink heavily while watching this movie.

Seemed like an automatic defensive reaction to me.
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 07:48:36 AM »
That's a very good point.

I would suggest it being an un-drinking game, but I can't think of a way to make that work and I can't think of any reasons not to drink when this movie is playing anywhere, ever.

Maybe we should introduce pizza into the mix somehow.

Or when they show someone going in or out of that little storage shed that's supposedly the door to the stairs down from the roof (it's not realy real, is it?).
Considering the "rooftop" was done with green screen (WHY?  Couldn't afford to shoot on an actual rooftop?)...  I would guess not.

Offline RockSiren

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 24
    • The Store
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 09:22:15 AM »
Considering the "rooftop" was done with green screen (WHY?  Couldn't afford to shoot on an actual rooftop?)...  I would guess not.
[/quote]
The sad part is, Ive known some indie-filmmakers who just went ahead and shot without a permit (legal or not, they did it)- trying to identify the exact rooftop in LA wouldve been a challenge for anyone actually asking for the permit- they couldve filmed the actual rooftop.