login

Author Topic: Hor-RIFF-ic: Poltergeist - NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 10946 times)

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
Hor-RIFF-ic: Poltergeist - NOW AVAILABLE!
« on: June 12, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »
After our first experience with script submissions, we decided we'd like to do it again.  One bit of feedback we got was that people needed more time to get thier scripts done.  Well, here you go!  We're announcing our intentions to riff Steven Spielberg's tale of television run amok:

POLTERGEIST

And we want your help again!  No deadline for now, we'd like to get it out after we finish Tremors and Friday Part 3, so possibly August but too soon to say.  We might even be thinking prizes for funniest script?  :o   But more on that later...

We do prefer scripts in Excel format but if its funny enough, we'll work with you on that.   Any other questions feel free to ask. 

XOXO - The Slashers
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:44:08 AM by Hor-RIFF-ic Productions »
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2603
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Hor-RIFF-ic: Poltergeist!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »
A word comes to mind.

That word is "Ooooooooh."

Need to get that dvd now.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:13:15 AM »
A word comes to mind.

That word is "Ooooooooh."

Need to get that dvd now.

That is a fact.  When I think of this movie always one word pops up:

Carolanne?  Carolanne?!  CAROLANNE?!!!
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline amityisland

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »
Awesome! I was hoping someone would do Poltergeist and the chance to contribute makes it extra sweet!
(Plus I have OpenOffice spreadsheet now ...so this script should be much more, ummm, organized  :-[ )

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:19 PM »
Would love to contribute...bought this movie on Blu-Ray only to find out they didn't do anything to improve the bass, which this movie needs in huge abundance.  They must pay for this treachery! >:D

What was sort of funny, though, I remember this movie being piss-your-pants scary when I saw it as a kid...I still liked it, but when I saw the theatrical re-release a few years ago, I went with some people who had never seen it before.  They were laughing and talking about how stupid it was.  I guess it does seem a little quaint if you see it for the first time after so many years have passed, but I seriously wanted to hide a creepy clown doll in their house that night, just to goose 'em a little.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:01:00 PM by SJP »
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline amityisland

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:33:01 PM »
The whole face ripping scene with the ....uggg, nevermind...still makes me queasy.

After watching this movie again as an adult, I have come to realize that the Freelings are horrible parents! "Why can't we just build the pool closer to the house...the kids can jump off the roof." :o 

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »
Awesome! I was hoping someone would do Poltergeist and the chance to contribute makes it extra sweet!
(Plus I have OpenOffice spreadsheet now ...so this script should be much more, ummm, organized  :-[ )

yes, the text format  :gouge:

Glad to hear we'll see some more from you.
You'll DIE Laughing!

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
Would love to contribute...bought this movie on Blu-Ray only to find out they didn't do anything to improve the bass, which this movie needs in huge abundance.  They must pay for this treachery! >:D

What was sort of funny, though, I remember this movie being piss-your-pants scary when I saw it as a kid...I still liked it, but when I saw the theatrical re-release a few years ago, I went with some people who had never seen it before.  They were laughing and talking about how stupid it was.  I guess it does seem a little quaint if you see it for the first time after so many years have passed, but I seriously wanted to hide a creepy clown doll in their house that night, just to goose 'em a little.

Welcome aboard!  Yes this movie was a real crap in you pants movie back in the days of our youth too.  Although I thought the 2nd was worse where the kid is getting strangled by his own braces since I had braces at the time it was quite disturbing.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 05:51:35 AM »
W00t, love this movie.  I'm in!

After watching this movie again as an adult, I have come to realize that the Freelings are horrible parents! "Why can't we just build the pool closer to the house...the kids can jump off the roof." :o 

they also start using a mysterious mystical force as a ride after one afternoon.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:05 AM »
W00t, love this movie.  I'm in!

Glad to have ya!

they also start using a mysterious mystical force as a ride after one afternoon.

Not to mention letting the children spend the night in the very room they were nearly killed in the next night after they return.  Nah, the dwarf said it was clean, what are you worried about?
You'll DIE Laughing!

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 07:32:28 AM »
Wow, we already got 1 completed script for Poltergeist!  Geez, you people are efficent, or you need to switch to decaf.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:36:23 AM by Hor-RIFF-ic Productions »
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 08:38:33 AM »
aw, so it's done?  :-[
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 09:34:08 AM »
aw, so it's done?  :-[

NO!  Absolutely not, we just got one submission already that was a whole script which surprised us.  You think you'd get off that easy?  GET TO WORK!  :P
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline amityisland

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 09:53:28 AM »
Geez, you people are efficent, or you need to switch to decaf.

Lol - like I said in the e-mail, it's a combination of just teaching summer school half-days (which equals way too much time on my hands) and it being way to hot to go outside. Plus, it helps that I actually really like the movie, own it, have seen it a ton of times since I was probably Carol Anne's age  and still don't mind watching it repeatedly in a short time frame.

And me inside writing is way better than me outside shopping and spending money ;)

aw, so it's done? 

Oh heck no! It's Poltergeist, there' s so much there to riff for everyone ...remember what Tangina said, "All are welcome....all are welcome   :cheers:

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »
[Oh heck no! It's Poltergeist, there' s so much there to riff for everyone ...remember what Tangina said, "All are welcome....all are welcome   :cheers:

Yes she then went on to say the house was "clean" before the thing imploded!  Well I guess sucked into a vortex of nothingness will take care of your dust bunnies.
You'll DIE Laughing!