login

Author Topic: The F-Bomb  (Read 12226 times)

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
Re: The F-Bomb
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 01:32:18 PM »
Speaking of mouthing words,

Gammer just reminded me of that scene in Galaxy Quest when the crew encounters that room on the ship with the smashing thingies that they must pass through in order to get to the Omega 13 device, and Lieutenant Gwen DiMarco(Sigourney Weaver) says "Well screw that!", only her mouth says "Well fuck that!!", so it was dubbed to avoid a harsher rating. It would have been infinitely funnier if she said the f-word!

That always pissed me off.

Mother father Chinese dentist.

Nice Mr. Show reference. "Watch your mother father mouth."

My favorite censor has to be in Scarface when its on cable. They overdub the cop's voice into saying, "Where'd you get that scar tough guy, eating pineapple?"

That and Stewie from Family Guy. When he makes that one joke that nobody laughs at, he says "I don't have to f*cking impress you."
Sweet.

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »
   What do they replace the F-bomb with during the football game in M*A*S*H?  It was just on TVLand within the last few days.
   And there is also the standard elimination of Redford's shout as Butch and Sundance jump into the river or watching a mysteriously quiet campfire scene from "Blazing Saddles" when it's broadcast on the wrong stations.
   Censorship sucks!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »
There's also an edit of Blazing Saddles where all the farting is replaced by horses whinnying. They feel the need to censor flatulence, but not the N-word.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:10:34 AM by Sharktopus »

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 06:34:18 PM »
For real? I own Blazing Saddles so I've never had the urge to see it while it's on cable.

I can't believe the censors would be sitting around the table going, "O.K., n-word's fine, teutonic twat should be alright, ....farting.... Oh Dear God."

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »
One of my favorite (sort of) f-bomb moments is the part in "A Christmas Story" where Darren McGavin is changing a flat tire and accidentally knocks the lug nuts Ralphie's holding away into the night; at which point, Ralphie exclaims in slow motion, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!"  Only he didn't say "fudge."

Later, we see Ralphie standing sullenly by the sink with a bar of Lifebuoy in his mouth.  After sending Ralphie to bed, Mom tastes the soap herself, and nearly vomits.  That, I think, would be a perfect moment for Mom to let out a good, hearty f-bomb.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 08:11:14 PM »
One of my favorite (sort of) f-bomb moments is the part in "A Christmas Story" where Darren McGavin is changing a flat tire and accidentally knocks the lug nuts Ralphie's holding away into the night; at which point, Ralphie exclaims in slow motion, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!"  Only he didn't say "fudge."

Later, we see Ralphie standing sullenly by the sink with a bar of Lifebuoy in his mouth.  After sending Ralphie to bed, Mom tastes the soap herself, and nearly vomits.  That, I think, would be a perfect moment for Mom to let out a good, hearty f-bomb.

And who could forget the reaction of Schwartz's mom when she hears that Ralphie heard the word from her son!! The screams alone are side-splitting!!

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 08:50:46 PM »
Talking about TV edits, nothing beats The Big Lebowski:

"This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!"

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 10:39:30 PM »

Oh Good Lord I hope that's not true. :'(
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 12:17:40 AM »
fuck  fuck  fuck  fuck  fuck  fuck  fuck  fuck

Sorry. I'm a little drunk.

:P

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 04:32:52 AM »

Haha, don't look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YHXdnWLvH4

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 08:43:50 AM »

Haha, don't look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YHXdnWLvH4

Ack!! Turn it off!!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:19:35 PM by Groucho2006 »
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 08:46:32 PM »
The best use of the F-Bomb was in the South Park movie when they did the "Shut your fucking face, Uncle Fucker" song.

When I first saw this in theaters I just about puked and pee'd myself with laughter  :D
It still makes me laugh when I watch it again...along with a good portion of the rest of this movie.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3142
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 09:39:02 PM »
South Park's movie took swearing to the level of an artform. :^)

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1518
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 06:21:15 PM »
Does anyone remember the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Jones just finishes a tiring fight scene, then this big guy with a huge sword is waiting for him? And then Indy just pulls out his gun and shoots him?

I could have swore that when I first watched the movie, Indy says "Ah F-ck it" when he pulls out the gun and shoots him...And if you watch it now, you can see him mouth something when he pulls the gun out. But, it looks like they edited that line out. They must have edited it when they released it to VHS/DVD.

IMHO they should have left that line in...truly a funny scene, which is made better by that line.

Just a little trivia.  That scene was add libbed by Ford.  They were all set to shoot this huge fight scene.  Ford, however, had a cold and didn't feel like doing it.  So when they started rolling, Ford pulls out his gun and shoot the actor, who plays along and falls down dead.  The crew thought it was hilarious so they put it in.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »
Does anyone remember the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Jones just finishes a tiring fight scene, then this big guy with a huge sword is waiting for him? And then Indy just pulls out his gun and shoots him?

I could have swore that when I first watched the movie, Indy says "Ah F-ck it" when he pulls out the gun and shoots him...And if you watch it now, you can see him mouth something when he pulls the gun out. But, it looks like they edited that line out. They must have edited it when they released it to VHS/DVD.

IMHO they should have left that line in...truly a funny scene, which is made better by that line.

Just a little trivia.  That scene was add libbed by Ford.  They were all set to shoot this huge fight scene.  Ford, however, had a cold and didn't feel like doing it.  So when they started rolling, Ford pulls out his gun and shoot the actor, who plays along and falls down dead.  The crew thought it was hilarious so they put it in.

Actually i heard it was Diahrrea so he physically /couldn't/ do it.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...