Author Topic: The LEGO thread  (Read 12412 times)

Invader_quirk

The LEGO thread
« on: June 10, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »
This is the thread for all you Lego nerds (assuming there are any) to post your creations! I've been obsessed with Legos for the past few months and was wondering if anybody else around here shared my interest.

Here's some of my stuff:

LEMMING UNIT 001: Basher

Samus!

The Assassinator

Mini Cruiser

The Can

If you want to see other pictures of this stuff or want to check out my other creations, here is a link to me Flickr account.

If you've got any, post them!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: The LEGO thread
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
Hey! An actual Lego thread! And an actual second post!

SDCC Lego News- Lego announces DC Comics license with releases in Jan 2012

Warner Bros. has expanded its relationship with Lego, granting the toymaker access to DC Entertainment’s complete library of comicbook characters and stories to launch DC Universe “Super Heroes” as figures and playsets.

The multi-year licensing deal, made through Warner Bros. Consumer Products, will start rolling out the new line in January, starting with 13 characters, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and villains the Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and Lex Luthor.

The first toys will be shown off at the Lego booth at Comic-Con Intl. in San Diego, where 3,000 exclusive Batman and Green Lantern minifigures will be distributed to launch a promo that runs August-December, enabling fans to create and submit videos, photos or illustrations of the characters to win trips to Legoland and Warner Bros. Studios.

WB and Lego had already been producing toys and videogames around the Batman franchise, and will launch a new set of playthings around next summer’s “The Dark Knight Rises” through the Lego Batman collection. The “Lego Batman: The Videogame,” published by WB Bros. Interactive Entertainment, has sold more than 12 million units since 2008.”This partnership gives builders a chance to recreate the characters, vehicles and worlds of some of the most iconic super heroes, so they can relive the action and even customize it, a proven and winning formula in Lego construction,” said Jill Wilfert, VP, licensing and entertainment for the Lego Group

In addition, it sounds like a Marvel license will be arriving in May of next year.

Must sell kidney now to afford plethora of minifig purchases....

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:54:34 PM »
The farthest I've ever gotten with any Lego project:

I think it's supposed to be an alligator, or perhaps the space station, or a Neo-Orthodox interpretation of the state of the American Southwest as viewed through the eyes of an alcoholic field mouse who has somehow reached Nirvana.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »
All jokes aside, I've always loved Lego and the Lego community. Their art is a continued inspiration.

Especially Nathan Sawaya (http://www.brickartist.com/). You might have heard of him (or at least seen his work before), but if you haven't check out his gallery on his website. He's far from the only artist making a living in the medium of Lego, but he's probably the most well known.

Seriously, look at this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The mind is boggled.

Further boggling.

I'll leave you to boggle over this one.

I think I have a half-finished Batcave kit somewhere that I need to leave two-thirds finished sometime soon.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 11:41:48 PM »

I think it's supposed to be an alligator, or perhaps the space station, or a Neo-Orthodox interpretation of the state of the American Southwest as viewed through the eyes of an alcoholic field mouse who has somehow reached Nirvana.

Don't give up! I'm sensing there might be a spirit journey in it for you.

P.S. Those lego sculptures are awesome, especially the Conan one and the GRAY one. That guy has done some awesome stuff.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »
Incredibly important Lego news.

Strong rumors from the Lego fans that a certain animated cartoon show is getting a Lego theme. And then this showed up today via a leak:

Strong rumors of a Simpsons set of Minifigs as well, after the Lego Movie set of them arrive.

Note, the set does scream "Hella expensive" though.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 08:51:28 AM »

Well, drugs are like that...

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »
Apparently they're doing a retro space set later this year for the LEGO movie.

Offline goflyblind

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 01:19:30 PM »
needs more m-tron.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 01:27:46 PM »
Simpson's house will be released February 1 and is only going to be $199.99

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 02:32:40 AM »
Apparently Lego was a bit against the "80's Something Space Guy" character in the new movie since his deal is that he looks damaged and cruddy, but apparently they embraced it to the point where they will have him with the broken helmet from the movie (no child teeth marks... yet).

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 06:48:40 PM »
Looks like anyone interested in the Simpsons house can pick it up early at LEGO stores starting this Friday if they are members in LEGO's VIP program (a free rewards program that gets you rebates on purchases from the LEGO store).

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 05:52:09 PM »
Apparently Lego was a bit against the "80's Something Space Guy" character in the new movie since his deal is that he looks damaged and cruddy, but apparently they embraced it to the point where they will have him with the broken helmet from the movie (no child teeth marks... yet).

That's not them being against the Space Guy.  That's actually an inside joke.  The original figure had a chinstrap on the helmet that was notorious for developing cracks.   They released a more durable version in the late 80s.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 10:59:13 PM »
Yeah, but LEGO were a bit bothered by that joke initially, then embraced it according to directors Miller and Lord.

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 08:31:39 PM »