Author Topic: DVD Profiler Movie Profiles  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
DVD Profiler Movie Profiles
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »
I am sure that there are folks out there that use various software for logging all of their DVD.   I use DVD Profiler (www.invelos.com) myself.   You enter the DVDs by either the UPC code or Title and you add it to your collection which you can store on their website, which is great if your PC ever crashes or you get a new PC you can just import the online collection to your local machine.    Great for insurance purposes too..... ANYWAY......

I recently added profiles for some of the CT and ICWXP DVDs that had not had profiles yet.    Tomorrow all five of Josh Ways shorts and all four of his movie riffs should be in their database.    When I get the official Rifftrax DVDs, I will add them as well.

Even though their is no official DVD for Planet of Dinosaurs and Voodoo Man yet, I wanted to create profiles for them as well since we are downloading burnable DVD formats.

My question to the group is, what DVD cover should I use?    Normally you use the actual DVD cover, but since the hard copy DVD is not out yet.......

1.    Create the profile without a DVD cover scan?
2.    Ask one of the DVD cover creators permission to use their cover until an official Rifftrax cover is available?
3.    Ask Rifftrax permission to use their poster for the DVD cover image?
4.    Something else?

Thanks.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Riff Cover Art
Re: DVD Profiler Movie Profiles
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »
I think using their poster art would probably be the best official option... course, I have no problems if anyone is using my covers for anything (as long as it's within the law).  Oh wait! I haven't done my voodoo man cover yet! I better get on that tonight.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »
I use the profiler too but I would think that those titles would not pass muster in the Profiler Database. There is no UPC and the disc id would be different for each burn I believe.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 05:13:21 AM »
I use the profiler too but I would think that those titles would not pass muster in the Profiler Database. There is no UPC and the disc id would be different for each burn I believe.

The lack of UPC code is not a deal breaker with them as the ICWXP DVDs do not have a UPC on them.    I think they are more interested in that you have a complete profile set up and you dont use external sources like www.imdb.com fro the information.    I guess time will tell!

I think using their poster art would probably be the best official option... course, I have no problems if anyone is using my covers for anything (as long as it's within the law).  Oh wait! I haven't done my voodoo man cover yet! I better get on that tonight.

And yes, yes you better!