login

Author Topic: Diabolik: The Video Games...... no seriously!!!  (Read 646 times)

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
Diabolik: The Video Games...... no seriously!!!
« on: May 27, 2009, 11:44:11 PM »
I just found the strangest thing. Somebody is actually making a Wii and DS game based on Diabolik.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Codemasters-Diabolik-Wii/dp/B0026N6Z4O/ref=sr_1_57?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1243490194&sr=1-57

My head just asploded!!

EDIT: Upon further research, the games are ports of a PC game that was announced in 2005 but I guess was never released, I can't find any release info on it. It's supposed to be an adventure/stealth hybrid (WTF!) and is based on the same Italian comic that Danger Diabolik is based on. Here's a trailer I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnzf8pWLBYc
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:02:57 AM by Shinigami »

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
Re: Diabolik: The Video Games...... no seriously!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »
Well, I can see why it would be a Wii/DS game, what with the point 'n' click interface...they should've released it for the PC, I would've bought it.  As fun as it might be, it's not going to make me buy a Wii.  If Strong Bad couldn't do it, this certainly wouldn't...still need to pick up that game for PC, actually...

I'm surprised it's taken this long to combine these two genres.  Both types specifically go out of their way to make you find solutions to problems that don't require overt violence, or at the very least disable opponents using only your wits...and maybe a banana in the jetpack.   ;)
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: Diabolik: The Video Games...... no seriously!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
I may just have to check this out on the Wii (eventually). I wouldn't pay full price, but if I find it cheap . . .