Author Topic: TMNT  (Read 7376 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: TMNT
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
The second movie scared the crap out of me for some reason. Not Labyrinth scary, but scary.

According to the TMNT Wiki, Casey Jones wears "a goalie mask and cup to protect his identity." How does the cup protect his identity? Or do I not want to know?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3039
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
The mask protects his identity, the cup protects his "identity". :^) Those turtles fight dirty...

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 10:24:04 AM »

Splinter looks an awful lot like my cat... And I don't like the looks of ninja April. I liked that she wasn't always the damsel in distress, but she used her intelligence to help the Turtles, not a sword.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 10:44:02 AM »
I have the original soundtrack album from the first movie. The record album. As in, Vinyl.

It was actually a very good sountrack.

"Wise man say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »
???

You guys are all being sarcastic, right?

You beat me to it, Teaflax.  :D But . . .

Quote from: Brak
I dont mean to get too much into this but when i was younger i went through cancer and had to get radiation treatments (i was 4 at the time) and something that got me through it was thinking i was turning into a Ninja Turtle.

Well then, I'll give them credit for having some redeeming value!

But . . .

Quote from: Pak-Man
In fact, I think it's one of the first cartoons that a young adult could really enjoy as much as a 5 year old. :^)

One of the first?? Pak, my friend, we need to get you a crash course in "Looney Tunes," stat!  ;)

"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 11:20:14 AM »

Quote from: Pak-Man
In fact, I think it's one of the first cartoons that a young adult could really enjoy as much as a 5 year old. :^)

One of the first?? Pak, my friend, we need to get you a crash course in "Looney Tunes," stat!  ;)

OK. One of the first since the '70s. :^)

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 01:47:15 PM »
I have the album, and the VHS of the tour. Me and Tyrant watched it for one of our Memorial Day bad movie marathons. :^)

Yeah. I still haven't forgiven Pak for that one. Or for causing me to have seen Double Dragon multiple times. My revenge will come in the form of Cyborg at some point.

I was one of the few girls who -really- dug TMNTs. I was pretty hardcore, too. I still have remnants of my Mirage Studios comicbook collection somewhere. My obession teetered out around the time of the 2nd movie, though. I liked the new series alot as it captured some of the spirit of the MS comics. I'm hoping this new movie does as well.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 04:39:10 PM by Tyrant »

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 03:17:44 PM »
I have the album, and the VHS of the tour. Me and Tyrant watched it for one of our Memorial Day bad movie marathons. :^)

Yeah. I still haven't forgiven Pak for that one. Or for causing me to have seen Double Dragon multiple times. My revenge will come in the form of Cyborg at some point.

I was one of the few girls who -really- dug TMNTs. I was pretty hardcore, too. I still have remnants of my Mirage Studios comicbook collection somewhere. My obession teetered out around the time of the 2nd movie, though. I liked the new series alot as it captured some of the spirit of the MS comics. I'm hoping this new movies does as well.

That's cool.  I have the first four colorized volumes of the original comic.  I was a huge fan as a kid, watched the cartoon, watched the movies repeatedly, had the action figures.  One time my grandpa gave me a refridgerator box.  Me and my brother got out our crayons and colored the whole thing inside and out to look like the turtle van.  It was twelve shades of badass let me tell you.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 03:59:43 PM »
Who's the coolest ninja turtle???

I always thought Raph was the coolest cuz he was always the most non-sensically pissed off. =)
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 04:17:19 PM »
Who's the coolest ninja turtle???

I always thought Raph was the coolest cuz he was always the most non-sensically pissed off. =)

Yeah, he was my favorite, too.  I liked him because he had all the best lines.  And those, um...really pointy fork/mini-sword like things that he has are hella tight.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 04:25:02 PM »
forks-o-doom...oh yes..... just stay outta my way......
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 04:31:06 PM »
Mikey was my favorite.

I've always liked nunchaku, and Mikey was a goofy knock-off!
He's the best.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »
Mikey was my favorite.

I've always liked nunchaku, and Mikey was a goofy knock-off!
He's the best.

Yeah...nunchaku kick ass.  I'm gonna go swing by Cool Weapons Surplus and get me a nunchuck gun.*

* Spelling is intentional.  It's called "poetic liscense," you fascist pigs.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »
Mike was my favorite, followed by Leonardo.  I liked Mike because he always made me laugh and i think partly it was because orange was my favorite color at the time :)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
Gotta go with Donatello. He had the brains and the nifty inventions and I always thought it was cool how much damage you can do with a long stick. Weaponry at its most basic. :^)