Author Topic: TMNT  (Read 7370 times)

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
TMNT
« on: January 02, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »
Anyone wondering if this is going to be any good at all and give Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles justice?  I love the original series but i really thought that the newer stuff just wasnt "Awesome" to me. 

http://tmnt.warnerbros.com/

there is the trailer if you have not seen it yet.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
Re: TMNT
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »
It'll probably stay closer to the cartoons than the original movies could/did (not bashing on the movies, cuz I loves them dearly)

I'll totally see the new one =) - anything with 3d turtles rocks. Crush from Finding Nemo should make a cameo appearance.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 05:34:58 PM »
I'm a TMNT fan from way back...

The first live-action movie holds a very special place in my heart. It is precious to me...

I'll be there opening day, without question.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:20:19 PM »
I'm a TMNT fan from way back...

The first live-action movie holds a very special place in my heart. It is precious to me...

I'll be there opening day, without question.

Im definatly going to go see it when it comes out. to me the trailer looks great. I just dont want it to be a dissapointment

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3036
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:13:24 PM »
I too was gripped in Turtlemania back in the day. :^) I have the rare talent of being able to enjoy all THREE Turtles movies. So all this one has to do is be better than Turtles in Time. I don't think it'll be hard to sell me on this one. :^)

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 01:30:12 AM »
???

You guys are all being sarcastic, right?
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1267
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:34:13 AM »
What the shell are you talking about?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 06:52:36 AM »
???

Maybe it's a generation gap(not to make you feel old or anything...), but there's just something about mutated English-speaking Ninja Turtles that gets me all excited. I used to draw the Turtles when I was in gradeschool, and they've always held a special place in my heart.

Turtle Power!

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »
Not a lick of sarcasm. I somehow managed to just BARELY slip in to the minimum age bracket for enjoying TMNT when I was a kid. (Of course, I watched cartoons way longer than anyone else did in my High School. This was back before it was cool for grown ups to enjoy cartoons. :^)) I won't claim the movies are cinematic masterpieces (In fact they'd make great riff fodder) but the concept has always been aimed at all ages. In fact, I think it's one of the first cartoons that a young adult could really enjoy as much as a 5 year old. :^)
The trailers for the CGI flick have impressed me so far. THIS is what CGI is for. The turtles ninja-around and move in EXACTLY how a turtle ninja would. It's something that could never be captured with stock-animation or foam suits. I'm actually extremely excited. Not an ounce of the sarcasm. :^)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 09:01:14 AM »
The Ninja Turtles were a cherished part of my childhood, so naturally I wet myself when I first heard about a new CGI movie. Sure, I  had my reservations, but there was a good chance they could pull it off. When I first the saw the teaser trailer a few months ago I must admit that, as a certain turtle might say, "it kicked but righteously." The full trailer's not as impressive, but it sure looks like they've captured the essence of our beloved Turtles.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 09:43:43 AM »
Ah the turtles of my youth.  I still remember when Burger King had the video's of episodes that you could get when you bought a kids meal (i have at least one or two of those left) I dont mean to get too much into this but when i was younger i went through cancer and had to get radiation treatments (i was 4 at the time) and something that got me through it was thinking i was turning into a Ninja Turtle. I was bald and my parents had found some orange ribbons that they tied on me just like a turtle and i would vanquish the evil Shredder whenever i could. So no, no sarcasim at all with these dudes. I love these guys!  Now who's up for some pizza?

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 09:53:21 AM »
???

Maybe it's a generation gap(not to make you feel old or anything...), but there's just something about mutated English-speaking Ninja Turtles that gets me all excited. I used to draw the Turtles when I was in gradeschool, and they've always held a special place in my heart.

Turtle Power!

Hang on, now...the Ninja Turtles aren't THAT old, are they?  I remember watching them as a kid back in the early(ish) '90's.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 09:58:55 AM »
The cartoon (and toy line) debuted in late 1987 and ran regularly through 1996. There's also a newer series (and toy line) that premiered in 2003.

Who else had (or still has) the Coming Out Of Their Shells album? My cassette's probably around somewhere.  8)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 10:02:50 AM »
I have the album, and the VHS of the tour. Me and Tyrant watched it for one of our Memorial Day bad movie marathons. :^)

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 10:07:25 AM »
I vividly remember the first time I saw TMNT 2...and hearing that deliciously atrocious Vanilla Ice Song signaling the end credits.  It was the first time I ever loved something for its kitsch value.  Thus began my long path toward MSTiehood.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.