login

Author Topic: 1 or 2-disc set?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline warreni

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
1 or 2-disc set?
« on: May 19, 2009, 06:03:36 AM »
Does this riff work with the 2-disc set? Thanks.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: 1 or 2-disc set?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 06:10:37 AM »
Does this riff work with the 2-disc set? Thanks.

TWO discs?    I shudder to think what "extras" are on the bonus disk   Oh, these are the features.....

On the DVD
The special features for Twilight kick off with an audio commentary with director Catherine Hardwicke and stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. There's some mumbling and groaning from Stewart (one gets the impression that Stewart is quite similar to her reserved character in the film), some standard behind-the-scenes observations from Hardwicke, and a lot of awkward self-deprecating remarks from Pattinson (of their big kiss, he opines: "This is quite difficult 'cause I have a really flat head, and so it's quite difficult to get a correct angle."). What's funny is Pattinson stumping Hardwicke with some basic plot questions, like "Why doesn't James just kill [Bella when she's packing at her house]?" While Hardwicke and Stewart attempt to answer, Pattinson doesn't appear satisfied. The deleted and extended scenes include an additional dream-sequence kiss (rightly cut because it took away from the buildup to their first kiss) and more footage of Victoria (Rachelle Lefevre). The seven-part documentary is a pretty thorough look at the development of the film, including stunts, special effects, and the involvement of author Stephenie Meyer. Another featurette looks at the Comic-Con frenzy; however, it spends no time on how the actors were cast, which would have been fun for fans who did all their own mental casting while reading the books. Also included: three music videos and trailers. --Ellen A. Kim

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:35:08 AM »
As long as the cut of the film is the same it shouldn't matter which set you use. If anyone notices a difference, let us know.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »
There is no difference. The two-disc sets were sold everywhere. Wal-Mart had the exclusive on the single disc. I guess so they could have it the cheapest but fans missed out on the bonus features.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com