Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 289813 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2397
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #2460 on: February 18, 2018, 10:09:11 AM »
The first shoot day of season 4 is Tuesday.  They are going to have it all edited by May?  Guess that’s possible, but it’s a tight turn around.

May 30 is the date I saw announced for season 4 to drop.

Edit:  Just looked again and only the first 6 episodes will drop in may, the rest later in the year.

EDIT: Watched the first episode of the new Joel Mchale show on Netflix. It’s exactly The Soup except he can swear, there’s no commercials, and he can make fun of foreign TV as well. I missed The Soup a lot, so it being exactly the same is just fine with me. Now Stephen Colbert just needs to start up The Colbert Report again and everything will be right with the world. Well, television at least.

I'll have to check that out, I also liked watching The Soup.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:10:42 AM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 557
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2461 on: February 18, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »
Well, I couldn't sleep, so I started binge watching Once Upon a Time. How have I not seen this before?

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #2462 on: February 23, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »
Back Mirror Season 4 (British sci fi analogy series that Netflix picked up)
Had watched a scattering of episodes from the first 3 seasons amd found them to be hit or miss. Decided to give Season 4 a shot start to finish after being majorly disappointed in Philp K Dick's Elrctric Dreams (similar series that I disliked mainly to it being based on short stories that I had read, but changing each of them for the worse). Half way through Season 4 and I'm enjoying it a lot. Can't say I've loved every episode, but have found each episode interesting and far better than most recent sci fi movies I've seen over the last few years. Will defintely go back and watch the episodes I missed after I make it through Season 4.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:17:42 PM by wihogfan »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2463 on: February 24, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »
I finally canceled my SlingTV subscription and signed up for Hulu.  So now I can watch the shows I've been missing that used to be on Netflix and Amazon Prime like Buffy and Stargate SG1.   In the almost 2 years I had SlingTV I probably never used it more than a couple hours a month, some months not at all, so it was a waste of $20 a month, Hulu without ads is $12 a month and I'll certainly use it several hours a week.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 294
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #2464 on: February 24, 2018, 03:42:50 PM »
Just watched the Doctor Who episode "Twice upon a time" on DVD. Was hoping Jodie Whittaker would turn up in the extras on the disc but unfortunately no such luck.  :(

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4543
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2465 on: February 26, 2018, 10:05:00 AM »
Finished Lady Dynamite.  Hit and miss would a misleading term because rather than the quality varying from episode to episode, I found it all high quality, but my enjoyment varied episode to episode.  Still, I think it's cool that Maria Bamford got her own show that feels uniquely her (despite the fact that she did very little writing on it).  I think I preferred the first season more but Ólafur Darri Ólafsson was a great addition to the cast.  It's also always a treat to see Fred Melamed.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2466 on: February 28, 2018, 08:53:29 AM »
Since getting Hulu over the weekend I've been on an old sitcom binge.  Taxi, Bob Newhart, Mary Tyler Moore, WKRP.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3521
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2467 on: February 28, 2018, 09:01:03 AM »
Since getting Hulu over the weekend I've been on an old sitcom binge.  Taxi, Bob Newhart, Mary Tyler Moore, WKRP.
Those are all classic shows! :D

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2468 on: February 28, 2018, 05:12:55 PM »

I've been watching the Bob Newhart Show for the first time and really enjoying it. I'm normally not that big on classic sitcoms (I love The Mary Tyler Moore Show though)
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2469 on: February 28, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »
I had not watched The Bob Newhart Show since it aired when I was a kid, might have watched a few reruns in the 80s, I'm really surprised how well it holds up.  I had watched MTM some on and off since it aired, that holds up so well. 

WKRP doesn't hold up quite as well, still funny though but it screams "made in the 70s", even though it ran until 82.
Taxi holds up ok, but not as well as MTM or Newhart.

Something about those shows is kind of refreshing, hard to describe it, funny in a more peaceful way or something.

Maybe it's fewer cameras so fewer cuts, two people talking in a room is normally a wide shot, they are not constantly jumping between closeups of each person as they say their lines.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2470 on: February 28, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »
Bob's Burgers is on Netflix, so I'm re-watching that. Then it will get fresh for me once I get to season 7.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #2471 on: March 01, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »
I got a great deal on Justice League Unlimited season 1 on Google play, so I've got that. Although I'm not a fan of digital movie and TV purchases, I must admit there are some advantages. It's not like you can scratch or break a digital purchase.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2472 on: March 01, 2018, 04:51:52 PM »
When I get a computer, there's going to be quite a few shows I'll be eyeing for digital (Steven Universe is very rewatchable).  I love extras for TV shows but some things just work better for being files.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #2473 on: March 08, 2018, 06:56:37 PM »
I got Volume 1 of Duck Tales(The original series) a couple weeks ago from the store and have been enjoying it just as much as I did back in the day. Sure, I liked Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers alright, but I had mixed feelings about both Darkwing Duck and Tailspin, so Duck Tales was ALWAYS where it was at for me. I always had a soft spot for that show and I swear back in the day I could easily ace the Duck Tales game(on the easiest difficulty). Anyway that's for a story for a different thread.

So I just watched several episodes of Duck Tales already, including "Send in the clones" where the Beagle Boys are assigned to steal Scrooge's number one dime and are transformed into Scrooge's nephews, "Sphinx for the memories", where Uncle Donald gets possessed by a ghost or something(I know, weird story for a kids show), "Where No duck has gone before", where the lead actor in a series made at Duckberg Studios does his best Shatner impression then Gyro Gearloose creates a rocketship for a show that's... well, a little TOO real, and "Armstrong", where ANOTHER of Gryo's inventions impresses Scrooge, for a short time. Say... why did Scrooge keep hiring Gyro to make inventions for him if all they ever do(for the most part anyways) is just end up backfiring in some horrible way in the end? I can imagine a quote from Uncle Scrooge "I didn't get to be the world's richest duck by irresponsibly investing my money in Gyro's hair-brained schemes... except Gizmoduck, that one actually turned out okay."

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 81
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #2474 on: March 13, 2018, 01:49:17 AM »
Ricky Gervais: Humanity

I'm not sure whether a comedy special counts as TV or a movie. To muddy the waters, at times they've been produced for television and other times for theatrical release. These days I'd say TV is closer.

Point is it was effing brilliant. In addition to being funny as hell: Every. Single. Segment he does originates from what some over-sensitive narcissist on social media said in response to something he said or did. If you hate that so-called outrage culture, you'll love this special and find it VERY cathartic.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?