Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 242269 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 300
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #2415 on: January 10, 2018, 04:06:44 PM »
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. Well that was really disappointing. Starts off pretty good then goes downhill. It's pretty amazing to see how many of the cast return, and how easily they slip into the old roles and it's great to see all that old stuff again. But then it just sort of craps out. The third episode spends like 15 minutes on a bloody musical! Which doesn't feature any of the main cast, and is really meh. Rory comes off as a total bitch with her running boyfriend gag. Sookie needed to be in the show a lot more, especially the end. So yeah, a bit meh.

Now I'm not sure what to pick up next.

Right there with you. Rory's love life was a real bummer to watch.

Oh and Dipper had a cameo! That was the funniest moment it was...how do I know that person.... Ohhhhhhhhh.

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3902
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #2416 on: January 10, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »
It's always fun when you recognize a voice actor.  At least, it is for me.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2147
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2417 on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »

Ever watched Fringe? That's an incredible series, especially once it gets rolling.
FINE

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2147
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2418 on: January 10, 2018, 04:26:49 PM »
We've been watching the original Twilight Zone. We're about halfway through the first season. Almost all of it is great. There was one goofy one about gambling in Vegas that was a dud.
Twilight Zone is pretty good, but there are definitely some stinkers in there.

Wait until you get to the season where they decided to do hour long episodes.  Mostly not good.

Just finished classic Star Trek.  Good cast but I feel like there's more weak episodes than there are good ones.

Still, silly as it is, the Space Lincoln episode is pretty fun.

We got towards the end of the first season of TOS. Will pick it up again at some point. It's so great and so bad at the same time.
FINE

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
« Reply #2419 on: January 10, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »
It's also a frustrating show.  It really tries to address a lot of issues, but has a bad habit of being wrong-headed about it a lot of the time, particularly with how it approaches women.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2318
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2420 on: January 10, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »
It's also a frustrating show.  It really tries to address a lot of issues, but has a bad habit of being wrong-headed about it a lot of the time, particularly with how it approaches women.

That became an interesting thread to keep pulling at while watching and listening to the Mission Log podcast. Eventually hearing versions of "a product of its time" became a running joke.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2421 on: January 10, 2018, 05:40:32 PM »

Ever watched Fringe? That's an incredible series, especially once it gets rolling.

I got like 2/3rds of the way through, sort of fell away with the Son powered machine across both worlds story. I should just finish it up I guess.

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 12
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #2422 on: January 11, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
Fresh Off the Boat on ABC On Demand
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2423 on: January 11, 2018, 07:26:06 PM »
John Noble really is one of the best things about Fringe, but the white they used for Walternate's hair is terrible!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2178
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2424 on: January 17, 2018, 10:28:23 PM »
The End of the Fxxxing World

That is the title, it's a Netflix show, 8 episodes, and I thought it was really good up until the last 5 seconds, then it was FU show......

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2425 on: January 18, 2018, 05:17:54 PM »
Robot Wars International UK vs Rest of the World

Oooof, if the season finals were Robot Wars at it's best, this is Robot Wars at it's worst. Unfortunately the Rest of World robots were all a class below the UK competitors, and it just made for a terrible one sided, and worst of all boring series. The idea is great, the execution is terrible.

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
« Reply #2426 on: January 18, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
Just finished Children's Hospital as my breakfast watch.  It's largely a dumb funny show.  The last episode is a cute idea but you basically have to sit through a long, unfunny set up to a joke about what a piece of crap the last episode is.  There are some funny lines in the last scene, but in parodying final episodes that disappoint the audience, they felt they had to eject a lot of jokes in order to prepare for the big one and it isn't really worth it.  Still, it's a pretty funny series with a good cast.

Now moving into the 70's animated Star Trek series.  No fair adding a crazy alien to the cast and never, ever acknowledging him or giving him a speaking role in the first episode.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2178
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2427 on: January 18, 2018, 06:26:08 PM »
Now moving into the 70's animated Star Trek series.  No fair adding a crazy alien to the cast and never, ever acknowledging him or giving him a speaking role in the first episode.

Most of those are fairly painful to watch, even as a 9 year old watching them as they aired I thought they were bad.

I think the only one that is actually good is when Spock goes back in time to meet himself when he was a kid.

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
« Reply #2428 on: January 19, 2018, 04:47:09 AM »
Just watched that one.  It was surprisingly good for a Filmation cartoon.  I mean, not in terms of animation, but still.