login

Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 349811 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2448
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #3120 on: May 12, 2020, 04:09:22 AM »
Finished season one of Solar Opposites.  It was entertaining, some good laughs.  Could have done without the "in the wall" stuff.

The wall scenes weren't always the strongest, but I think it can develop into something bigger in another season.

I think the subplots involving the Pupa are far better diversions though. I hope they lean into those more.

Didn't realize I had another couple episodes to watch. Hard to imagine the wall arc getting bigger than the full episode it got.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6326
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3121 on: May 12, 2020, 11:58:23 AM »
I just started Season 2 of Young Justice and...what is with all of these characters that showed up out of nowhere? It doesn't even mention until later in the episode that 5 years have passed since the end of last season. So I guess they are from the interim time. But I still don't know anything about these characters.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #3122 on: May 14, 2020, 08:41:51 AM »
Was a fan of 'Childrens Hospital' on Adult Swim. Just learned that 'Medical Police' on Netflix is 'Childrens Hospital' with a police storyline to change things up. Same cast, characters, hospital, etc. Will watch this weekend.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3123 on: May 15, 2020, 07:32:14 PM »
Through 4 of 20 episodes of "Medical Police". Starts as a typical episode of "Childrens Hospital" and then it veers off into the new directions. Enjoying it, but not sure how much I would if I wasn't already a fan of "Childrens" and would recommend it over this.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2971
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3124 on: May 15, 2020, 09:21:07 PM »
Watched the interactive Kimmy Schmidt episode/movie.  Think I got through all the possibilities, you can do it in 2 sessions since there's only one choice at the start that changes the ending you get.  On the Roku you can hit the back button and your previous choices show up. so you can back track and watch different versions and see how they play out.

Noticed Just Shoot Me is now on Hulu, loved that show when it aired, started watching it again and still love it.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3125 on: May 18, 2020, 09:00:13 AM »
Fyre festival documentary on Netflix...summary- an alleged tech entrepreneur with a history of conning rich people cons some rich people into investing in a music festival to promote his app. A bunch of rich whites kids buy tickets and complain about the horrors of having to fly coach and staying in tents. Most horrific was being given a cheese sandwich to eat. Festival gets canceled and drunk rich white kids have to wait at the airport to fly coach again.
Just couldn't relate to anything or anyone in it.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7206
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #3126 on: May 18, 2020, 09:06:52 AM »
finally got around to watching living with yourself, with paul rudd, paul rudd, and aisling bea. a guy goes for a spa treatment and wakes up in a shallow grave in the forest. overall, it was really good. the music was also slightly jarring (which may have been the intention).
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3127 on: May 19, 2020, 02:06:06 PM »
Britbox now has At Last The 1948 Show so I started watching it.  Episode 2 is mostly just audio with images of the script pages, from what I've read 11 of the 13 episodes have mostly been recovered.

4 episodes in and it's very similar to Flying Circus, makes me wonder what it would have been like with Marty Feldman as a member of the Python gang..... 

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 960
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #3128 on: May 21, 2020, 01:53:55 PM »
Just watched the new TNT TV version of Snowpiercer, Episode 1

Pretty decent, better than I was expecting to be honest. It deviates quite a bit from both the movie and the book, which deviated a lot from each other. In this version, the tail section attempts a revolt, which fails immediately. However our main character happens to be the only former police detective on a train 1001 cars long (same length as in the book), and there's been a murder in the 1st class section that they need his help solving. So he attempts to work out a bargain on behalf of the tail section. The only thing I really didn't like about is the fact that it's on TNT. God I hate commercial television.

If you're wondering how they get around in a train that would have to be many miles long, they do explain that. There's a subway system that runs under the floor boards. I thought that was pretty clever.

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 150
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #3129 on: May 24, 2020, 07:38:46 AM »
Through 4 of 20 episodes of "Medical Police". Starts as a typical episode of "Childrens Hospital" and then it veers off into the new directions. Enjoying it, but not sure how much I would if I wasn't already a fan of "Childrens" and would recommend it over this.

I never caught Children's Hospital (though I've heard great things about it), but I loved Medical Police .
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #3130 on: May 25, 2020, 04:16:09 PM »
Mid-way through the last season of She-Ra.  Its very good and am getting excited for the eventual adaptation of Noelle Stevenson's Lumberjanes (not that its been officially announced but considering Netflix and Boom! Studios new deal, it seems like a foregone conclusion.

Favourite touch: even Bow's spacesuit shows off his midrift.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #3131 on: May 25, 2020, 08:43:15 PM »
On the second episode of the new DC Universe show Stargirl and...there's just something off about it. It feels like the acting in some scenes isn't that great. Particularly between Luke Wilson and the girl playing Stargirl. I know Luke Wilson can do much better. Maybe the dialog is just awkward? It's a really cliche "overprotective parent" plot between them so far, and I hope they get past that crap soon. The show seems a little slow at times too, although I expect it will ramp up to a lot more happening later this season. We're only in the second episode and there's already a cool robot suit so they're not afraid to go silly with it, which I appreciate.
I plan on giving it at least a few more episodes, and it will probably get better.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #3132 on: May 29, 2020, 08:33:47 PM »
I watched the first episode of the new Steve Carell Netflix show Space Force. Wow, that was unfunny! A whole lot of really talented funny people being completely wasted.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3133 on: May 30, 2020, 10:32:16 PM »
Just finished Space Force. 

Going in thinking it was a comedy was a mistake, once I started thinking of it as a satirical drama I enjoyed it more.  Sort of like a more serious version of Dr. Strangelove.  There is a lot of humor, just very little comedy, if that makes sense.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 907
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #3134 on: June 12, 2020, 06:13:52 AM »
I've started watching more of Gravity falls and... dammit I am really enjoying that show!

I also just got the first season of Steven universe yesterday, which I have NEVER seen. I am enjoying it a lot.