login

Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 339935 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3540
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #3090 on: March 15, 2020, 12:29:59 AM »
Just finished up Season 3 of Castlevania. It ultimately amounts to a lot of Season 4 table-setting, but it's EXTREMELY entertaining table-setting, with plenty of intrigue, strong characters, and lots and lots of creepiness.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6155
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #3091 on: March 20, 2020, 08:22:07 PM »
I finished the first season of Swamp Thing. Overall I was really impressed. The show looks great, and you can tell they put a decent amount of money into it. The CGI is still spotty at times (especially the bug man in an early episode). But the practical Swamp Thing suit looks great, although his red eyes are too obviously an effect in post. I like that they really went for the horror aspects to this character most of the time. And they didn't skimp on the gore. I will also give the show credit for never shoehorning in the name Swamp Thing. Unfortunately the show does bog itself down with too much drama between way too many human villains. Avery and eventually Woodrow were more than enough. I didn't care about the crooked sheriff or her deputy son, and I definitely didn't care about Avery's wife. The voodoo lady didn't amount to anything but spouting mystical sounding vagueries without actually being helpful or really informative.
It's a shame we won't get a second season. Especially now that Woodrow has finally become The Floronic Man. And we might get more with Blue Devil so he would actually have a point.