login

Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 349800 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 907
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #3150 on: June 21, 2020, 10:21:50 PM »
I am watching The Good Fight, starring the gorgeous Rose Leslie(Ygritte from GoT) and Christine Baranski(who I'm sure would like my shoulders because they'd be a perfect place for her to rest her ankles  ;) ), Anyway I find the show compelling at the very least. It may also have helped that I occasionally watched The Good Wife starring the smoking hot hottie Julianna Margulies in the role of Alicia Florrick. Both are good shows, and in a way they are almost completely identical to each other, just with much stronger language and some more mature themes that could never fly on a network TV show.

There are a LOT of very controversial topics covered in very candid ways, such as the boundaries of protected speech... and honestly a lot of other ground I think was covered in some way or another on The Good Wife. To be fair though, The Good Fight is more than good enough to carry its own weight as a dramatic powerhouse that hits you full force with unexpected twists, turns, character drama, and not one moment is ever wasted on filler. This one is definitely worth at least your time with a subscription to CBS all access, but make sure you get the one where you don't have to fucking watch commercials(Which is $9.99 a month currently).

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2448
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #3151 on: June 23, 2020, 06:40:50 AM »
I just finished watching Star Trek Picard and... it did take quite a while for this series to get going for me. It was sometime around episode five where I actually started feeling interested in what was going on. Then in the final four episodes shit starts to get really damn good. The finale? The end... I liked it but part of it felt like a cheat. I was almost glad because I was feeling like they were just going to end things there... in a way that I can't discuss without spoiling things.

Anyway, they made it so that this series either may or may not have a season 2. But the way things were looking, I was not expecting that there would be a second season, now? Not sure.

There was enough of a plan for Season 2 that Stewart went on The View to personally invite Whoopi Goldberg back as Guinan, so I think its just a matter of when they can shoot safely.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #3152 on: June 24, 2020, 07:13:10 PM »
The only thing I am really worried about is the potential for a strong new story. Where do you go from here when pretty much every story line imaginable has been done to death already, if not by Star Trek, then some other franchise in existence?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7206
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #3153 on: June 25, 2020, 01:03:55 AM »
The only thing I am really worried about is the potential for a strong new story. Where do you go from here when pretty much every story line imaginable has been done to death already, if not by Star Trek, then some other franchise in existence?

there's still the question (raised a few times by the picard novel, and i think maybe one note on raffi's conspiracy theory ipad on the show) of who fiddled with the romulan star.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #3154 on: June 25, 2020, 04:45:34 AM »
Just finished re-watching Avatar the Last Airbender for the first time in about 8 years. Possibly better than I remembered it.

Found out I do have access to Legend or Korra through CBS All-Access, which I never finished before due to switching and then dropping cable, so excited to pick that up soon.

This time got my wife to watch it with me, which was a feat. She's not normally into anime or anime-style characters, but I knew that once she saw Iroh and eventually Toph she'd be as hooked as I was.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #3155 on: June 25, 2020, 11:19:11 AM »
there's still the question (raised a few times by the picard novel, and i think maybe one note on raffi's conspiracy theory ipad on the show) of who fiddled with the romulan star.
That could be interesting.

Offline CJones

• Liked: 960
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #3156 on: June 26, 2020, 02:53:12 PM »
Season 2 of Kipo, and the Age of Wonderbeasts. Very good, even better than season 1. You find out a lot more about what's going on with Scarlamagne, Kipo's mute abilities, and their shared past.

This is a great show, if you haven't checked it out. It takes place 200 years in the future, after an unspecified calamity has left the world in ruins, overrun by "mutes" (mutants). Most of the remaining humans live underground in burrows. The main character, Kipo, ends up on the surface by accident and is trying to get back to her people. Kinda reminds me of a cross between The Warriors and Fallout, with a fair amount of Avatar:The Last Airbender thrown in. Great voice acting and music, and a surprisingly compelling narrative and world. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for season 3.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #3157 on: June 26, 2020, 04:09:44 PM »
I justy watched the first few episodes of Upload on Amazon Prime... not the least bit impressed.

Offline stuporfly

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
    • Goodreads Author Profile
« Reply #3158 on: July 03, 2020, 06:57:32 AM »
Finally connected with Schitt's Creek and I'm really glad I did.
"Music is the weapon of the future" - Fela Kuti

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6326
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3159 on: July 12, 2020, 08:54:56 PM »

But now I'm watching Constantine and it's much better. I'm definitely going to watch the rest of this show.
I finished Season 1 of Constantine. I really liked it, especially Constantine not putting up with the angel's vague bullshit. Not sure how I feel about the twist reveal at the end, but since there unfortunately was never a second season it's a moot point anyway.
The last episode was rather weak though. The satanic redneck was laaaaame and nonthreatening, and it's very unclear how much the redhaired girl is being mind controlled or just pathetically naive. If it had been the whole episode then they could flesh it out better as parts of it seem to be rushed. But it still would have been a very weak episode. Papa Midnight is a much better villain, yet he's relegated to a side plot remote controlling a zombie so there's a miniboss fight that we don't care about. And when he is in the end it's underwhelming.

I definitely recommend the show.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 06:57:37 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6326
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3160 on: July 13, 2020, 07:01:34 PM »
I watched the first episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and was underwhelmed. I've heard good things about it. Does it get better than that? I laughed a few times but that's it. And I found the Titus character annoying. He seemed like every bad "gay friend" stereotype amped up to 11.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3053
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3161 on: July 13, 2020, 07:09:26 PM »
I watched the first episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and was underwhelmed. I've heard good things about it. Does it get better than that? I laughed a few times but that's it. And I found the Titus character annoying. He seemed like every bad "gay friend" stereotype amped up to 11.

I think the series is great to begin with, but it got to a point where I couldn't stand it any more. I'd try a second episode that isn't so much about setting the series up, but if you weren't taken to begin with, you probably won't get into it.
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1751
« Reply #3162 on: July 13, 2020, 07:36:25 PM »

I think the series is great to begin with, but it got to a point where I couldn't stand it any more. I'd try a second episode that isn't so much about setting the series up, but if you weren't taken to begin with, you probably won't get into it.

Titus turned into my favorite character. He’s a very impressive person. I worked on a season of that show, and his singing voice is amazing.

The show itself has good moments. It has meh moments. But overall I enjoy it.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #3163 on: July 14, 2020, 08:48:33 AM »

Titus turned into my favorite character. He’s a very impressive person. I worked on a season of that show, and his singing voice is amazing.

It ranged from very good to okay for me. I did enjoy the interactive movie they just put out, though I doubt I'd ever play through it again.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2971
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3164 on: July 14, 2020, 09:37:40 AM »

It ranged from very good to okay for me. I did enjoy the interactive movie they just put out, though I doubt I'd ever play through it again.

It had a wide range for me, very good to unbearable, but only a handful of episodes at the low end, so overall good.