login

Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 316260 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #2925 on: June 04, 2019, 03:57:07 PM »
Lonely Island's Unauthorized Bash Brothers Experience on Netflix.
Loved it, but a good part of the reason was my dislike of Jose Conseco and Mark McGuire.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:58:11 PM by wihogfan »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 522
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #2926 on: June 04, 2019, 07:46:05 PM »
I watched the newest adaptation of the ABC murders through Amazon prime's streaming service. I still don't know about John Malkovich as Poirot. I mean yes, he is a great actor, it's just that I'm so used to seeing someone else inhabit the role for so long that it's strange when anyone else comes along to take over(I really liked David Suchet, Kenneth Branagh, and Peter Ustinov as Poirot). It wasn't a half-bad series but I wouldn't exactly call it mandatory viewing for Agatha Christie fans.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 365
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #2927 on: June 05, 2019, 07:25:36 AM »
Tried watching some episodes of that Historical Roasts show on Netflix, I normally don't find roasts all that funny but these are just terrible, not funny at all.
I stopped at Harriett Tubman (10mins into the first ep) and have had no desire to go back or even skip to any future episodes.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 714
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2928 on: June 05, 2019, 10:15:07 PM »
Tried watching some episodes of that Historical Roasts show on Netflix, I normally don't find roasts all that funny but these are just terrible, not funny at all.
I stopped at Harriett Tubman (10mins into the first ep) and have had no desire to go back or even skip to any future episodes.

I have no idea what you two are talking about, but now I want to check it out, out of morbid curiosity.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 714
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2929 on: June 05, 2019, 10:28:58 PM »
Speaking of "morbid", I just finished season 5 of Black Mirror. I never thought I would find myself saying this, but props to Myley Cyrus for making fun of Miley Cyrus. However, episode 2, "Smithereens" was easily the best. And this is the closest Black Mirror has felt like early Black Mirror in a while.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 522
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #2930 on: June 05, 2019, 11:34:39 PM »
Speaking of...I have a question maybe somebody can answer... when the hell is Black Mirror going to be available in region 1? I can't find it on DVD or Blu-ray on Amazon except for region 2, and on Google Play and Amazon Prime I couldn't find it at all. How do you make it such a phenomenon but not make it available in the USA?

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 406
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #2931 on: June 06, 2019, 06:42:31 AM »
Speaking of...I have a question maybe somebody can answer... when the hell is Black Mirror going to be available in region 1? I can't find it on DVD or Blu-ray on Amazon except for region 2, and on Google Play and Amazon Prime I couldn't find it at all. How do you make it such a phenomenon but not make it available in the USA?

It's on Netflix, I believe.
QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2932 on: June 06, 2019, 07:45:36 PM »
Catch-22
Hulu minseries, 6 episodes.
Have only watched 1 epsiode so far but initial take is that it takes the absudist horrifying comedy, kills most of the comedy and replaces the horror with sort of drama. Plot and dialog probably closer to the book than the movie so far, but delivery of the dialog is all wrong. While I'm sure I'll end up watching the other 5 episodes just due to my love of the book so far the series is a major disappointment.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2933 on: June 06, 2019, 08:00:28 PM »

It's on Netflix, I believe.
It is on Netflix. Seasom 5 (if you can call 3 episodes a season) was just released this week.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #2934 on: June 07, 2019, 03:22:46 AM »
Been watching some old Seinfelds.

I haven't watched any episodes in a good long and it was nice to see them after giving them a while to breathe. The show has been analyzed and dissected to death, so I'll just stick with ONE thing I noticed this time as I watched it:

It's unfair that the main four get singled out as assholes. They ARE kinda jerks, and that's the point, but there's more to it than that.

Firstly, they usually commit some accidental faux pas, they rarely get the plot going by acting maliciously. Even George doesn't start out malicious, he's always provoked, even if it's usually in his own imagination.

But more to the main thing I noticed: every single person in New York City is an asshole on that show! They depict the entire city as just as bad as our main cast. Not a single person on that show is ever depicted as anything other than rude, impatient, mistrusting, and petty.

Which I think might have been the idea, that it was supposed to be an exaggerated version of New York just as much as the main characters are all exaggerated and based on real people.

They shouldn't be so singled out just for being products of their environment is all.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6821
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #2935 on: June 08, 2019, 10:15:46 AM »
I too just finished the first season of Good Omens. I think I liked it better than CJones did. Maybe it's because I loved the use of about half a dozen Queen songs in that show.

That's actually a direct reference to the book.  “All tapes left in a car for more than about a fortnight metamorphose into Best of Queen albums.” I liked how they pulled that off without explicitly stating it.

mozart morphing into i love my car was a good one. whole series was great. i hope they don't attempt a series two. also: miranda richardson and josie lawrence? be still thirteen-year-old-me's heart.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 365
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #2936 on: June 09, 2019, 09:53:31 PM »
also: miranda richardson and josie lawrence?

Excuse me, but WHAT!? I like Michael Sheen and David Tennant well enough, but you may have just sold me on that alone.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5653
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2937 on: June 12, 2019, 12:54:29 PM »
So has anyone been watching more of the What We Do In The Shadows tv show? How is it? I love the movie and was planning on checking the show out. But wondered if they could keep up the comedy past a few episodes.

Also it occurred to me it'd be hilarious to include Chinese hopping vampires on the show.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1480
« Reply #2938 on: June 12, 2019, 02:11:40 PM »
So has anyone been watching more of the What We Do In The Shadows tv show? How is it? I love the movie and was planning on checking the show out. But wondered if they could keep up the comedy past a few episodes.

Also it occurred to me it'd be hilarious to include Chinese hopping vampires on the show.

I watched the first two episodes. It was... eh. Just ok. Best part being the emotional vampire, but he’s not in it much in the first two episodes. Definitely not as good as the movie, but I don’t know if it gets any better or worse.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2615
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2939 on: June 12, 2019, 05:02:18 PM »
Tom Scharpling, who I really like, is writing on it, so I'm keen to check it out, but it's not available here any way I can watch legally yet.
FINE