login

Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 318870 times)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 379
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #2895 on: May 15, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »
Just finished the current season of Survivor: Edge of Extinction since the finale was tonight. The twist is instead of getting voted out, everyone goes to a separate island, somebody comes back in the end, and everyone is in the jury.

Wow, what can I say about this season (without spoiling anything)? What a stinker. Best part is that there are some big, entertaining characters. 90% of everything else though is yikes. Sooo many important players who, even by the time you get to the Final 3, you're like "Wait, who is this again??" We have finally reached a point where there are too many twists in the game, and it needs to be scaled back before it officially breaks the game. Doubt next season will be much better, but, if the rumors are true about the season afterwards, then I couldn't be more excited. Rumor is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:40:12 AM by stansimpson »

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #2896 on: May 21, 2019, 07:30:30 AM »
Went back to read some old posts in this thread. Apparently I'm the only one who has actually seen all of Iron Fist AND Inhumans. They're not great (and Luke Cage was worse than Inhumans imo), but I would be lying if I didn't say there were a few times that it got me to ask "What am I doing with my life?"

Anywho, I finished the first season of Barry on Sunday. It's definitely funny, but I didn't realize how dark it would get. By the end, it's practically a straight-up drama. Started the second season last night. Yep, still a lot darker than I thought. It's still pretty funny. Bill Hader does a great job.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2897 on: May 21, 2019, 07:50:44 AM »
Been watching Andromeda on Amazon Prime lately, when it aired I watched it sporadically so thought I'd try it again.  Ended up skipping episodes this time also, I really like the cast, but the writing was not great, or better put there is not enough of it.  Almost all the episodes have way too much padding, they would make great half hour episodes, that much padding is a killer for binge watching.  And I forgot about that last season, what were they thinking?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2618
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2898 on: May 21, 2019, 05:16:41 PM »
Went back to read some old posts in this thread. Apparently I'm the only one who has actually seen all of Iron Fist AND Inhumans. They're not great (and Luke Cage was worse than Inhumans imo), but I would be lying if I didn't say there were a few times that it got me to ask "What am I doing with my life?"

Luke Cage was way better than Inhumans, IMO - I couldn't get more that three episodes into Inhumans, while I loved the entire ride of Luke Cage. It's one of the best Marvel shows IMO.

Speaking of, I'm very intrigued by the first two episodes of Agents of SHIELD this season, but not 100% sold on it either.
FINE

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #2899 on: May 22, 2019, 07:04:49 AM »

Luke Cage was way better than Inhumans, IMO - I couldn't get more that three episodes into Inhumans, while I loved the entire ride of Luke Cage. It's one of the best Marvel shows IMO.

Oh, I'm very aware that I'm in a very small minority on that. I haven't talked to anyone who doesn't consider the consensus to be Luke Cage > Iron Fist > Inhumans. It's just my own taste that differs.

Speaking of, I'm very intrigued by the first two episodes of Agents of SHIELD this season, but not 100% sold on it either.
Ooh, interesting. My HBO subscription ends in a couple weeks, and I'm gonna finish Barry season 2 before starting this season of SHIELD (I know literally nothing about it yet).

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5674
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2900 on: May 22, 2019, 07:18:13 AM »
Since this is the last season of Agents of SHIELD adn there's only 6 episodes I plan on waiting for them all on my DVR and binging them.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3141
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2901 on: May 22, 2019, 08:22:54 AM »

That's about where I am. It's good comic-booky fun, but you get the sense they're in "crap-we-didn't-get-cancelled" mode after the last season finale.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #2902 on: May 22, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »
I really hope Patton Oswalt is back.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2618
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2903 on: May 22, 2019, 06:54:48 PM »
Since this is the last season of Agents of SHIELD adn there's only 6 episodes I plan on waiting for them all on my DVR and binging them.

?

It's 13 episodes and season 7 is already greenlit too
FINE

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 722
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2904 on: May 22, 2019, 08:38:32 PM »
The Terror on AMC.

First off, I STRONGLY recommend watching the History Buffs video on this series:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jTgmCf82s3U" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jTgmCf82s3U</a>

Even if you don't watch the show, this video is fascinating (like most History Buffs). This show is based on the real life 1845 Franklin expedition to attempt to find the fabled "Northwest Passage" through the Arctic. Suffice it to say, they failed

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #2905 on: May 23, 2019, 06:44:48 AM »

I think you're mixing it up with Game of Thrones. EJG3 is right. Season 6 has 13 and season 7 will have 13 as well.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #2906 on: May 23, 2019, 06:47:36 AM »

?

It's 13 episodes and season 7 is already greenlit too
I didn't realize that. Thanks.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2907 on: May 26, 2019, 06:06:13 PM »
Amazon now has that Stargate Origins show so I finally watched it, it was pretty good, production was a little cheesy but the acting was fair and the story was interesting.

Odd thing, it looks like they used a CGI stargate, was the original prop too expensive to run or they couldn't use it for some reason?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #2908 on: May 29, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »
I thought this was quite interesting:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6ed1TJ4XCAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6ed1TJ4XCAQ</a>

He starts out admitting he had only seen a very few episodes and wasn't that fond of it. But he goes in with an open mind and ends up reasonably enjoying himself. The complaints he ends up having aren't all what you'd expect. In fact the character he does end up turning on was unexpected.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2909 on: May 31, 2019, 12:01:14 AM »
Watched all of Good Omens.

It is mostly pretty good.  Makes me want to read the book.  The humor is very "Pratchett".

When Michael Sheen and David Tennant are on screen it is very entertaining, but it occasionally drags when the other characters are being focused on.   I think it would have been better paced if they had cut it down a bit, there's probably about one episode length of "filler" spread throughout the series.