Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 318753 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1514
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #2835 on: February 02, 2019, 07:33:02 PM »
Binge watched all of Russian Doll on Netflix.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Groundhog's Day but darker, more emotional, and written and directed by a bunch of cool ladies (one of them being Amy Poehler).  I recommend it.
I don't mean to nitpick but wouldn't Matrushka be a more dramatic and appropriate title?

I can see why they didn't choose that.  The main character is Russian and the show deals with reality and humanity, which I'm sure 'Russian Doll' is supposed to mirror.  Plus Americans know what a Russian nesting doll is, where fewer people know the term Matrushka. 

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5674
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2836 on: February 03, 2019, 03:47:14 PM »
The Awesomes (2013) - That was just lame. I watched the whole season and only laughed a few times.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 536
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #2837 on: February 04, 2019, 06:51:29 PM »
Watched Season 1 of Castlevania on Blu-ray. Was very disappointed how short this season was. But what I saw was actually pretty good so far.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5114
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2838 on: February 10, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »
Finally finished season 2 of the Good Place.  Gonna be a long wait for three.

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 68
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #2839 on: February 10, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »
Catching up with Counterpart on Starz.  For those unfamiliar it's basically an espionage story with a sci-fi twist.

Season 2 episode 6 "Twin Cities" reveals
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 111
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #2840 on: February 11, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power S1 (2018) (Netflix) -- Decided to give this one a shot after reading some positive reviews, and was glad I did.  A very entertaining and involving show, with surprising amounts of humor and fun.  I can't say how it compares to the eighties version, or what liberties were taken, but I really enjoyed this version.
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5114
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2841 on: February 12, 2019, 10:14:54 AM »
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power S1 (2018) (Netflix) -- Decided to give this one a shot after reading some positive reviews, and was glad I did.  A very entertaining and involving show, with surprising amounts of humor and fun.  I can't say how it compares to the eighties version, or what liberties were taken, but I really enjoyed this version.

I watched the 80's version recently and it is not good.  It has a better premise than He-Man and wasted it.  This version basically fulfills that promise and beyond.  Super looking forward to the next season (I'll also recommend Lumberjanes, the comic book created by the current series creator and showrunner.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2842 on: February 13, 2019, 10:18:54 PM »
Watched a bunch of Dharma & Greg on Hulu this evening, haven't seen it since it aired 20 years ago.  I forgot how hilarious that show was, so many side splitting moments.  It's most funny usually when the 4 parents are interacting.

Also forgot how darn cute Jenna Elfman was on that show.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #2843 on: February 13, 2019, 10:35:35 PM »
Burn Notice always leaves me entertained. I loved that show so much when it first came on and I still love it now. It is insanely re-watchable.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6836
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #2844 on: February 16, 2019, 09:28:05 AM »
burned through weird city today. lots of good stuff. apparently a comedy version of black mirror (i haven't watch black mirror yet, so i don't know how apt the comparison is). made by jordan peele and some other guy for youtube.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3141
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2845 on: February 19, 2019, 11:28:46 AM »
Finally caught up with Agents of SHIELD. I liked the previous season better, but this one was good. This season got a bit dark, but it ended on a high note. (Very light Captain Marvel spoiler)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 722
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2846 on: February 25, 2019, 01:35:03 PM »
I watched Umbrella Academy season 1 on Netflix over the weekend. I'm not familiar with the comic, so I had no idea what to expect. It's weird, to say the least, and stylistically all over the place. But worth watching.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2618
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2847 on: February 25, 2019, 02:35:58 PM »
I watched Umbrella Academy season 1 on Netflix over the weekend. I'm not familiar with the comic, so I had no idea what to expect. It's weird, to say the least, and stylistically all over the place. But worth watching.

I really liked it a lot, but felt blindsided by the ending. Thought for sure it was going to wrap up the arc.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #2848 on: February 27, 2019, 05:36:50 AM »
I've been binge watching Worlds Dumbest yet again. I have every episode on Amazon and there's been at least four clips of people attempting to sing the national anthem. Each and every time it ends in disaster for one reason or another. Somebody forgets the lyrics or they just go completely off-key. Most of these things might be excusable if they were minor errors but they're always butchering the national anthem to the worst degree. I mean FFS learn the lyrics before you go out there before thousands of people and embarrass yourself!!! Also, it helps to make sure you can actually sing the anthem too! What the hell happened to the teleprompter? If you've got a teleprompter, you've rehearsed and you have a good range there is NO excuse for you to eff this up!

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 379
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #2849 on: February 27, 2019, 07:09:41 AM »
I've been binge watching Worlds Dumbest yet again. I have every episode on Amazon and there's been at least four clips of people attempting to sing the national anthem. Each and every time it ends in disaster for one reason or another. Somebody forgets the lyrics or they just go completely off-key. Most of these things might be excusable if they were minor errors but they're always butchering the national anthem to the worst degree. I mean FFS learn the lyrics before you go out there before thousands of people and embarrass yourself!!! Also, it helps to make sure you can actually sing the anthem too! What the hell happened to the teleprompter? If you've got a teleprompter, you've rehearsed and you have a good range there is NO excuse for you to eff this up!

Please tell me Michael Bolton's stopping mid-anthem to check the lyrics written on his hand is in that collection.