Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 219052 times)

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
SmackDown Wrastlin 8)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked:
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Doctor Who: The Time Warrior

Oddly the previous story I watched was The Hand of Fear so I did the Sarah Jane bookends in reverse order.

I love Pertwee's wardrobe, aside from the shirts, ooh but those are horrid.

Doctor Who?

The Brak Show season 1 disc 1.

I love old adult swim show.

Mom:How are you
Brak:Don't talk to me mom I'm a Murderer!
Mom:Oh dear.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked:
  • Very dapper
Doctor Who: The Time Warrior

Oddly the previous story I watched was The Hand of Fear so I did the Sarah Jane bookends in reverse order.

I love Pertwee's wardrobe, aside from the shirts, ooh but those are horrid.

Never a big fan of crushed velvet myself.

I love it, not a fan of capes though so I'd probably give that a miss too :)

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
I Spy Season 2 Disc 5--almost done with season 2. It keeps getting better and better!
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
I'm watching 24 season 7 right now.

Despite that I already saw every episode when it was first run just a few months ago.  I especially like the commentaries.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• Liked:
Watched a lot recently

Bob Newhart Show season 3
Monk season 5
Muppet Show season 2
I Spy season 2 (just finished it!)

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• Liked:
I just remembered the other one I watched recently: BLACKADDER III ----the planet's best blackadder, IMHO. most likely because Hugh Laurie as a foppish moron is a great foil to Blackadder's biting cynicism, and Baldrick complete's the picture. Perhaps it's also that Britain's history is ripe for satire---Wlliam Pitt the younger, the Scarlet Pimpernel, mad king George III, etc. I love this like crazy. Here's one of my fav quotes (pardon mistakes--tis from memory)

"Then go out in the street and hire me a horse"
"Hire you a horse? For ninepence? On Jewish new year in the rain? A mere fortnight after the Dreaded Horse Plague of Old London Town? With the blacksmith's strike in it's 14th week and the Dorset Horse Fetishist's Fair tomorrow?"

Offline jana

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
I just remembered the other one I watched recently: BLACKADDER III ----the planet's best blackadder, IMHO. most likely because Hugh Laurie as a foppish moron...

I love telling people who watch House about Blackadder. Especially the ones who are like "OMG I R teh biggest Hugh Laurie fan!!!1".

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked:
  • Very dapper
I've always been most partial to Blackadder II, myself.

I find the first one a little underrated. But yeah II is still my favourite, Tim Machinery is so much more entertaining as Percy than as Darling (he was one of the best Mercutios I've ever seen as well, but that's digressive).

The best episode of III is the one featuring she who makes II so bally brilliant, Miranda Richardson.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 07:15:03 PM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
I've always been most partial to Blackadder II, myself.

I find the first one a little underrated. But yeah II is still my favourite, Tim Machinery is so much more entertaining as Percy than as Darling (he was one of the best Mercutios I've ever seen as well, but that's digressive).

The best episode of III is the one featuring she who makes II so bally brilliant, Miranda Richardson.
Agreed. While I do like III, I thought the setting was the least interesting and gave them the least material to work with.

Offline jana

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
I just remembered the other one I watched recently: BLACKADDER III ----the planet's best blackadder, IMHO. most likely because Hugh Laurie as a foppish moron...

I love telling people who watch House about Blackadder. Especially the ones who are like "OMG I R teh biggest Hugh Laurie fan!!!1".

This is the main reason I won't watch House. It's such a fucking waste of the man's talents.

Except for showing off his adaptation of an American accent.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked:
  • Very dapper
He already did that:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6riY-103vbc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6riY-103vbc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1</a>

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
He already did that:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6riY-103vbc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6riY-103vbc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1</a>
That was KICK ASS!

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• Liked:
I have to agree--that video is genius. Jeeves and Wooster go to Nashville. I love those two. Sorry to start a war over Blackadder II vs III. Personally I could never get into II, except for it's segment on the BRILLIANT "Blackadder's Christmas Carol." Pure genius.

Anyway, enough war. Memorial day is over!!!

Watched more Bob Newhart Show, this time season 4. Some of my favorite eps are on season 4, i.e. the one I watched last night, "Death of a Fruitman"---John  Fiedler is my hero!