Author Topic: Zardoz, the greatest terrible movie I've ever seen.  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Topher

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Zardoz, the greatest terrible movie I've ever seen.
« on: January 02, 2007, 08:09:13 AM »
I was shown this movie one night at a local coffeehouse film night.  This is the greatest and most ingenious trainwreck of a picture ever made. I love it and cherish.  I hope everyone here moves it to the top of there que on there rental list, or goes out and buys  it.   1974, John Boorman directs (Deliverance, Excalibur, The General) .  Sean Connery stars in a scant red he-man looking outfit.   Basically this movie is like Raiders of the lost ark from dimension Q-Z meets Logans run intertwined alice in wonderland and clockwork orange. 

I plead with everyone who is amused by movies to see this. You havent seen an amazing and terrible movie until you see this.  It is worth the time and money.

Offline DoctorZ

• Schnappi Supporter
  • It may stop, but it never ends.
Re: Zardoz, the greatest terrible movie I've ever seen.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:40:50 AM »
You haven't lived until you see Sean Connery in a red diaper. He wears one in this movie, or something very much like it.
" A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it." SAKI

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »
Where is this magical cofeehouse that shows movies like Zardoz?

Offline Topher

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:05:23 PM »
IN Belleville, IL.  Its more of a music venue/bar.  THey have weird movies every sunday night.   Its Called The Ground Floor Club.   I run sound there.  And I never seen an audience more captivated there on a sunday night than when Zardoz was playing