Author Topic: Rifftrax people on Letterboxd  (Read 7199 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Rifftrax people on Letterboxd
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2019, 08:57:30 PM »
I love most David Lean films I've seen, especially those two.
FINE

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 241
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2019, 01:00:33 AM »
I think every film buff should have a #1 favorite movie... even if in actuality they might have dozens. On The Waterfront is that movie for me. Ask me what my favorite flick is, and that'll be the answer. And yeah, what an all-around superb cast.

* Also - I was reading their "Year in Review" from the email they sent, I thought it was interesting that the actress from Eighth Grade mentioned reading reviews (for the movie) at Letterboxd. On the off chance that she happened to read mine, I'm glad I said nice things about her work.  :)  (she really was outstanding)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:14:58 AM by George-2.0 »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2592
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2019, 06:56:04 AM »
I think every film buff should have a #1 favorite movie... even if in actuality they might have dozens.

Other movies come along and become temporary #1s, sometimes they can last for years, but eventually I always come back to To Have And Have Not.  That movie hits all the right notes for me, humor, romance, intrigue, snarky remarks, Bogart and Bacall, the good guys win, the bad guys lose, etc, etc.

Still hope someday in some vault they find a better copy of the film, they did the best they could with the current Blu-Ray release but it still has issues due to the best copies they could find being in worse shape than other movies of that era.