login

Author Topic: Mafia XXI, the "Round Table" edition (Failure to Launch)  (Read 12117 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Mafia XXI, the "Round Table" edition
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 09:33:04 AM »
TeamRAD, since Thrifty is banned from this game does that mean that no one can roleplay has him either?  It would be a shame if that were the case.   :)
He can be had. I'm not treating his case any differently than Isaac's.

Oh that's a fantastic idea.  You think I'm a pain in the ass now, start a thread partially devoted to openly mocking me.  Unlike some people, I do not have a sense of humor and do not enjoy a good roast.

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 09:34:20 AM »
Saw that coming from a mile away.

'Tis why I shant be participating in this disaster-in-the-making.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »
TeamRAD, since Thrifty is banned from this game does that mean that no one can roleplay has him either?  It would be a shame if that were the case.   :)

Oh that's a fantastic idea.  You think I'm a pain in the ass now, start a thread partially devoted to openly mocking me.  Unlike some people, I do not have a sense of humor and do not enjoy a good roast.

ban - to prohibit, forbid, or bar; interdict.

I never implied you were a "pain in the ass", and unfortunately b/c of your actions in the previous game (I'd like to think we're above "the piss poor attitude that denizens of the Internet display"), you two are associated w/ the aforementioned verb. It's as simple as that.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »

Only for those who don't have a sense of humor about themselves.   :)
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 09:57:15 AM »
I'd like to think we're above "the piss poor attitude that denizens of the Internet display."

So, I'm curious about this statement (I had to look up the word denizen). Are you implying that there is a group who inhabit the internet, and groups that visit but don't really belong?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 10:02:18 AM »

I never implied you were a "pain in the ass", and unfortunately b/c of your actions in the previous game (I'd like to think we're above "the piss poor attitude that denizens of the Internet display"), you two are associated w/ the aforementioned verb. It's as simple as that.

You speak a lot of words without saying anything.  I can't parse your words into making any sense.

What I'm saying is that I don't care that you've banned me from your stupid game.  What I'm saying is that, besides this theme being absolutely insipid even for you, I don't appreciate people impersonating me and won't react kindly to it happening.

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »
Yes.  Don't impersonate Thrifty or he will SPEAK WORDS to you!   :o

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 10:06:35 AM »

Only for those who don't have a sense of humor about themselves.   :)

Exactly.  :)

I'd like to think we're above "the piss poor attitude that denizens of the Internet display."

So, I'm curious about this statement (I had to look up the word denizen). Are you implying that there is a group who inhabit the internet, and groups that visit but don't really belong?

Batch, maybe Thrifty can articulate on the finer elements of his source material:

Uncalled for.

Most of the piss poor attitude that denizens of the Internet display is uncalled for.  I just figured that, in a world where complaints are answered with mockery and derision, manners are obsolete and only bring you down.

You speak a lot of words without saying anything.  I can't parse your words into making any sense.

*shrugs*

Insipid, thanks!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:01 AM »

It was quoting me.  What I'm saying is that there are people who read the Internet but never write anything to places like comment sections, blogs, message forums, etc., and people who read and write.

What I'm saying is that, being a diverse world of people with different tastes and different likes and dislikes, it is possible to offend people.  I'm sure you've been annoyed or offended by someone.  The polite thing to do is apologize for the trespass and adjust your behavior.  Around the Internet though, the usual reaction is to mock the person who is bothered and try harder to annoy.  

I'm sure that my objection to being impersonated will only spur someone on.

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:08 AM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:15:33 AM by esoobaC .T bocaJ »
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »

Batch, maybe Thrifty can articulate on the finer elements of his source material:

Uncalled for.

Most of the piss poor attitude that denizens of the Internet display is uncalled for.  I just figured that, in a world where complaints are answered with mockery and derision, manners are obsolete and only bring you down.

Ahhhh, you used his own words against him. How Dickensian!

Offline LBeria

• Liked: 1
  • "My laser nose & your crotch have an appointment"
    • Cheap Crap You Don't Need, Enterprises
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 10:30:12 AM »
Actually, I'd thought about being the generic Round Table member that shows up and can't let it go that MST3K isn't still on the air, that some like Joel/Mike better than Mike/Joel, gets off-topic, etc. ...is that within the rules??

No.  :D
Baahh....you're no fun anymore... ;D :D ;D

And while I might take RobtheB's suggestion to play him (thanks dude!), I'm gonna hold-off for a moment in making my selection....
You're such a survivalist gun nut.
Only the good die young...but most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns. -- Tom Servo

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »
And while I might take RobtheB's suggestion to play him (thanks dude!), I'm gonna hold-off for a moment in making my selection....

I also think that anyone who's playing this game would be cool with others roleplaying as them.  I know that I am.  Turnabout is fair play, and all that.   :P

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »
1. Isaac (dignan)
2. RVR II (mrbasehart)
3. mrbasehart (anais.jude)
4. Gojikranz (Johnny Unusual)
5.PeterUmak