Author Topic: Hor-RIFF-ic: Monster Squad is HERE!  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
Hor-RIFF-ic: Monster Squad is HERE!
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:50:09 AM »
Success, thy name is Slasher!  Our 7th victim Monster Squad is now available for purchase.  This track really came our of no where for us, we barely even remember it, and we gave it probably the worse tongue lashing that we've given any.  That sounded a little more dirty than I had wanted.  Oh well.  Brad actually worked out ok, not that I'd tell him that.

Lions Gate is disputing our clips on youtube so we can't use the normal embed, but we've got a back up link on the product page and we'll still be able to get your the 2nd clip from our Myspace page.  Enjoy!

SAMPLE #1
<a href="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=57309081" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=57309081</a>

SAMPLE #2
<a href="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=57309115" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=57309115</a>

You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Axnollouse

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Behold the better matrix!
    • Flying Monkey Productions
Re: Hor-RIFF-ic: Monster Squad is HERE!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 04:57:37 AM »
Yay a movie I own and loathe! Good days!
Axnollouse, the youngest in the skullf*ckery finals, may win the gold."

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 05:08:30 AM »
Wow, this movie is part of a list that includes The Goonies, Ghostbusters, and The Princess Bride in that I almost consider it a tangible piece of my childhood.  When this movie finally came out on dvd I picked it up off the shelf like it were a holy relic and I was thrilled to discover that it was one of very few movies (again like the others on the list) that's still as fun to watch as it always was for me.  At a point in my life I couldn't even fathom anything being cooler than strolling out to face a gang of she-vampires with a quiver of stakes and a crossbow while muttering "I'm in the goddamn club aren't I?"

That said, I'm going to listen the hell out of this riff.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:40:31 AM by RoninFox »
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 05:31:37 AM »
Wow, this movie is part of a list that includes The Goonies, Ghostbusters, and The Princess Bride I'm that I almost consider it a tangible piece of my childhood.  When this movie finally came out on dvd I picked it up off the shelf like it were a holy relic and I was thrilled to discover that it was one of very few movies (again like the others on the list) that's still as fun to watch as it always was for me.  At a point in my life I couldn't even fathom anything being cooler than strolling out to face a gang of she-vampires with a quiver of stakes and a crossbow while muttering "I'm in the goddamn club aren't I?"

Ditto.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 05:54:41 AM »
Wow, this movie is part of a list that includes The Goonies, Ghostbusters, and The Princess Bride in that I almost consider it a tangible piece of my childhood.  When this movie finally came out on dvd I picked it up off the shelf like it were a holy relic and I was thrilled to discover that it was one of very few movies (again like the others on the list) that's still as fun to watch as it always was for me.  At a point in my life I couldn't even fathom anything being cooler than strolling out to face a gang of she-vampires with a quiver of stakes and a crossbow while muttering "I'm in the goddamn club aren't I?"

You know I totally agree.  I bought it straight out when I saw it got re-released, without even remember it.  While Goonies would still be my favorite, this one truely capture the horrible things kids said back then.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 06:02:46 AM »

You know I totally agree.  I bought it straight out when I saw it got re-released, without even remember it.  While Goonies would still be my favorite, this one truely capture the horrible things kids said back then.

It's very hard to top the Goonies, no doubt there.  Just picked up that dvd recently, hadn't seen the movie in years, had to slap myself because all this time I had no idea that one of the Fratellis was Joey Pants!  When I was a kid I didn't know or care who Joey Pants was, and once I grew up I didn't remember him because this is the only movie I can think of where he looked that friggin' young!  (And what the hell did that movie have against Joey Pants's crotch?  damn!) 

Monster Squad was very close though, Scary German Guy, indeed, is bitchin'.  And how awesome was it that he just let them keep calling him that, never bothering to tell anyone his name?
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:07:05 AM »

It's very hard to top the Goonies, no doubt there.  Just picked up that dvd recently, hadn't seen the movie in years, had to slap myself because all this time I had no idea that one of the Fratellis was Joey Pants!  When I was a kid I didn't know or care who Joey Pants was, and once I grew up I didn't remember him because this is the only movie I can think of where he looked that friggin' young!  (And what the hell did that movie have against Joey Pants's crotch?  damn!) 

Monster Squad was very close though, Scary German Guy, indeed, is bitchin'.  And how awesome was it that he just let them keep calling him that, never bothering to tell anyone his name?

On our youtube channel we favorited a clip we found some guys made for a unnecessary sequels contest and they did Monster Squad 2.  The had Scary German Guy on a tombstone, it was hysterical.  Who names a kid Horace?  I mean really?
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 06:46:05 AM »
bought... will get to it later. Kinda busy today, so I'll have to watch tomorrow.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 08:54:26 AM »
Will have the DVD cover finished once I get home from work......... stupid work delaying my fun.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 09:03:12 AM »
Will have the DVD cover finished once I get home from work......... stupid work delaying my fun.

"You're thinking about your job, isn't that right!"

:D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:38:35 AM by Hor-RIFF-ic Productions »
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

"You're thinking about your job, isn't that right!"

:D

What would I rather do, be at home playing in Photoshop, or being at work preparing Microsoft Project plans for this weekend's go live?    That IS a headscratcher.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 10:00:40 AM »

There's no better fun than 80s fun.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 05:19:23 PM »
sweet cover as always.  :clap:
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 06:56:32 PM »
Sadly, Monster Squad was not a part of my childhood.  I've never actually seen it.  I'll have to see if I can track down a copy.