login

Author Topic: How Does It Comapre?  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
How Does It Comapre?
« on: May 05, 2009, 04:13:26 PM »
So I just watched the new RiffTrax short, and then the short from the MST3K episode. It really struck me how different the riffing styles are. Very, very different. It's interesting, if you have the old episode, to check it out.

How do you think the shorts compare?

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Re: How Does It Comapre?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:31:55 PM »
What's "comapre?"  LOL.

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »
"I say lets let them talk!"
I say lets put them through the spanking machine!

"Mayor -"
I love you!

Lots of squeezing phrases in immediately after someone says something. I'm surprised at what they were able to fit in without flat out talking over someone. Referring to the MST3k version

I wonder if they knew this was an MST3k short when they did this...

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 01:28:11 AM »
   Wouldn't it be great if Bill picked the short and Mike and Kevin didn't have the heart to tell him they had already done it.

Or:  Wouldn't it be strange if Mike and Kevin had completely forgotten that they had seen that before.  Kinda happened to me the other day when I was watching a movie on TCM.  When it started seeming familiar, my first thought was that this was a remake of some other movie.  Took me another 5 minutes to realize that I had just seen the same movie before.  Yes, I felt stupid.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5901
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 09:09:08 AM »
Even if they didn't remember when they chose the short, they watch them many many times to write riffs, so it would have dawned on them at some point.

Offline monoceros4

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:25:03 AM »
I marginally prefer the MST3K version.  As amusing as the Rifftrax version is, nothing in it can match the line, "You boys aren't moving the stuff very well!" from the old teacher in the hallway in the original riff.

The funniest thing in either version is the way the leader of the Fried Egg Gang tries ever so hard to sound menacing, scowling and issuing empty threats.  "I wouldn't advise any of you to go to that meeting if I was you!"  Or else he might, you know, do something lethal like glower at you from the other side of a door.