login

Author Topic: Emulation favorites?  (Read 8385 times)

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Emulation favorites?
« on: December 30, 2006, 03:51:56 PM »
Yes, I thought I would list some of my favorite games I play quite often in various emulators.  Having a very good grasp of the people who post on this forum so far, I expect quite a few lists.  *laugh*

Atari 2600
 Adventure (The epic struggle between animated squares and duck-looking dragons)
 E.T.  (Only cause I can finish it every time)
 Cosmic Ark  (Quick action, little thinking, it's the closest to being an athlete I ever got)
 Berserk  (Loved it.  The "Evil Otto" name was used as a nickname for Dave foley on Newsradio once)
 Pitfall  (Game had NO end that I could find, wanted to kick David Crane in the nuts for that)

Intellivision
 Lock n Chase  (This was fun, never has cops and robbers been sounded so annoying)
 Astrosmash  (Repetitive, but fun)

Colecovision
 Ladybug  (OH, how I loved this game in the arcade, I could have paid for college myself)
 Donkey Kong  (The only home version to look anything REMOTELY like the arcade pre-NES)
 Pepper II  (Who'd have thought doing up zippers could be so much fun?)
 Venture  (The further adventures or Mr. Yuck's Orange cousin)
 Zaxxon  (This was pseudo-3D before all your fancy geometry and expensive cards... BAH!)

Sega Master System
 Wonderboy in Monsterland (Wonderboy II.  Made you mental before there were save states)
 Hang-On  (I feel the need... the need for DRAMAMINE!)
 Outrun  (Everyone should cruise at 200 + KPH along the highway)
 Golvellius and the Valley of Doom  (Sega's answer to Zelda, despite the long name)

Nintendo Entertainment System
 Super Mario Brothers  (Live the exciting, often thrilling plumber's lifestyle)
 Super Mario Brothers 2  (I haven't thrown away so many vegetables since I was a toddler)
 Legend of Zelda  (I think there's a tribe in Africa that hasn't heard of this one yet)
 Zelda II  (Despite what Mike says, it's VERY possible to finish, in fact I HAVE, sorry Mike)
 Donkey Kong Jr.  (Nothing like a baby gorilla playing with his vine)

Sega Genesis AKA Megadrive
 Sonic the Hedgehog 2  (Hope you like incredible speeds in sidescrolling so fast, you can hardly keep up)
 AfterBurner  (The Top Gun of the 16 bit Sega family.  NO Tom Cruise, so it's safe)

Super Nintendo
 Super Mario World  (Yes, mario's last nose job before 3D processors.  Introducing Yoshi  *groans*)
 Bubsy  (Accolade's answer to Sonic the Hedgehog with a bobcat and yarn theme)
 Mario Kart  (High performance... er.. medium perf..  er.. some racing.  More Yoshi)
 Zelda 3: Link to the Past  (Yes, more of the same... almost)

Older PC Games
 DOOM  (Classic, showed JUST what video games had been missing... atmosphere!  and slime)
 Carmaggedon  (You too can drive like an 80 year old on purpose)
 Duke Nukem 3D  (3D Texas action, complete with tough talk and boot-kicking... in LA?)
 Dungeon Keeper  (The wonderful game of monsters and gold and S & M)

Commodore 64
 Spy vs. Spy  (Mad Magazine's first video game offshoot)
 Below the Root  (Some kids story from germany turned video game)
 Heart of Africa  (Dr. Livingstone almost dead and dehydrated I presume)

Amiga
 Paradroid '90  (Just like the C64 version, visually stunning and sounds great...  NOT like the C64 version)
 Lotus Turbo Challenge II  (Mind you I woulnd't drive this insane with my $80000 plus sports car)
 It Came from the Desert II  (Giant killer ants, the stuff that B movies are made from)
 Stardust  (Raytraced graphics, PAL only, but outstanding game all around)
 The Lost Vikings  (Harrison Fjord ina role that will... Oh wait, it's a game about 3 vikings going home)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: Emulation favorites?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 03:57:53 PM »
I use my Dreamcast for NES emulation and on my computer I love playing Gameboy Advanced games (with a controller obviously)

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 04:08:35 PM »
Lots of Super Nintendo RPGs, including obscure titles and fan translated Japanese titles.  Nuff said.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 10:45:44 PM »
After having played the arcade version many many times while in college, I had to download the Neo Geo emulator so I could play it at home:

Samurai Showdown IV: Amakusa's Revenge!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Shodown_IV

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »
I like playing those old Capcom arcade games at home... namely Captain Commando.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:06:48 AM »
Metal Slug

Offline Otis

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »
NES emulation on the Dreamcast rocks. It's worth picking up a Dreamcast for that alone.

I got an Atari Flashback 2 for Christmas. Looking forward to some Pitfall/River Raid/Adventure old-timey goodness.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 12:54:40 PM »
I loves me some Eartbound Zero. Maybe I'll play some right now. :^)

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 04:56:04 PM »
Shinning Force and Shinning force II for Sega Genesis.  Anyone know how i could get the new Shinning force that came out for the Gameboy Advanced? or something on the computer, id love to try out the new stuff and see what they have improved on (if there is any)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 08:26:34 PM »
Shinning Force and Shinning force II for Sega Genesis.  Anyone know how i could get the new Shinning force that came out for the Gameboy Advanced? or something on the computer, id love to try out the new stuff and see what they have improved on (if there is any)

not trying to be a smart ass, but if you look hard enough you'll find it ;)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 09:39:45 PM »
A friend of a friend created a program that would search for and download all the roms that MAME could play a couple versions back.  So I had some 3000 arcade games on my computer, and I played them all, or at least tried to (the Japaneses ones were a little tricky).  I really enjoyed Marvel vs Capcom, but I also love Punch Out.  Smash TV was always pretty fun, and as I mentioned in another topic, discs of tron was amazing.  There was a bunch of others, but their names escape me at the moment.

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 04:08:11 AM »
Alien Breed on my Amiga emulator on my PSP. Sublime.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 09:36:18 AM »

not trying to be a smart ass, but if you look hard enough you'll find it ;)

lol no harm done, i sometimes tend to get lazy sometimes and like shortcuts. when i have some more free time ill hop to it

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 04:10:45 PM »
I got an Atari Flashback 2 for Christmas. Looking forward to some Pitfall/River Raid/Adventure old-timey goodness.

I got one of those... One day I'll have to buy the kit and convert it to use 2600 Cartridges also.

Offline scottrkrv

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 10:22:56 PM »
Yes, I thought I would list some of my favorite games I play quite often in various emulators.  Having a very good grasp of the people who post on this forum so far, I expect quite a few lists.  *laugh*

Nintendo Entertainment System
 Super Mario Brothers  (Live the exciting, often thrilling plumber's lifestyle)
 Super Mario Brothers 2  (I haven't thrown away so many vegetables since I was a toddler)
  Donkey Kong Jr.  (Nothing like a baby gorilla playing with his vine)

These are already "emulated" on the SNES, so I don't need a PC emulator...
But I do play the Capcom "Destiny of an Emperor" emulated games on the PC

Super Nintendo
 Super Mario World 

Again, all the "Super Mario" games I have on the SNES, including "emulated" NES games.
I really don't like to play any games on the PC for the SNES that I do not already own for the SNES.

Older PC Games
 DOOM  (Classic, showed JUST what video games had been missing... atmosphere!  and slime)

Of course, by definition, PC games cannot be "emulated" on the PC.
But if you mean DOS games on WXP, then, yes, DOOM is the best.