login

Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4  (Read 3707 times)

Offline NickE

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Official Creepy Old Guy (tm) of the RiffTrax Forum
Indiana Jones 4
« on: December 30, 2006, 05:05:30 AM »
So Lucas and Spielberg have announced that filming for a fourth Indy movie is set for 2007, with Harrison "Grumbles" Ford reprising his role as "Rocky Balboa."

Details have not been announced.

I can already see the chase scene, with very, very old Nazis being chased down a road by Indy, with everybody in motorized wheelchairs.

Indy's left turn signal is blinking.

-- Nick

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:13:21 AM »
Surely with the brilliance of the origional movies and the fact even Spielberg's bad movies being average at worst this should be given the benifit of the doubt.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

MontyServo

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:11:40 AM »
Well, if they have Harrison play Indy as a 66 year old man (Harrison's age in 2008), that would make the movie take place in the late 50's - early 60's (? - does that sound about right?).  Maybe Indy will run into Bob Falfa and Uncle George can use his digital "magic" to have old Harrison interact with young Harrison.  On second thought, forget I said that.  Uncle George is just crazy enough to think that would be a good idea.

I have faith that this will be awesome, and not the huge disappointment that Episode One was.  Unless Indy's quest this time is to keep those dang kids off his yard.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 08:37:13 AM »
I too hope they do a good job with IJ4.

I am a fan of the other IJ movies, and would hate to see this get the same treatment from Lucas that the Star Wars prequels received.

One thing I would hope for, is that they don't rely on CGI for this film. The other IJ movies had so much more character with the special effects done manually. Lets hope they limit the use of CGI, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Offline NickE

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Official Creepy Old Guy (tm) of the RiffTrax Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 09:03:50 AM »
I hope they do it right, too, and will probably be among the first in line for tickets.

But when I saw the AP news item last night, which started, "George Lucas has announced...", the danger light went on -- and I thought, "Uh-oh.  Nothing good can ever come out of a sentence that begins 'George Lucas has announced.'"

Offline cashflow31

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Most of the time, I'm quite serious.
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 08:18:52 PM »
On a side note of this Indiana Jones talk, I would love to see Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom get a good riffing. Someone has to say something about the highly annoying supporting cast in that movie.
I hates legends.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 08:27:44 PM »
good news :)

Offline Trufire

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 08:43:51 AM »
On a side note of this Indiana Jones talk, I would love to see Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom get a good riffing. Someone has to say something about the highly annoying supporting cast in that movie.

I second the motion. While I still like the movie, the supporting cast and outragous over acting on their part makes it perfect for riffing.

On the note for IJ4, I am just glad they finally agreed on a script. :P
"I like me..." Caboose; Red vs Blue

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »
I seem to remember Spielberg saying that the stunts, at least, would all be done by live stuntpeople, and not CGI ones.  So that's good news, at least.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 01:01:21 PM »
So Lucas and Spielberg have announced that filming for a fourth Indy movie is set for 2007, with Harrison "Grumbles" Ford reprising his role as "Rocky Balboa."

heheheheh

Offline Phantom of Krankor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I've got ya now! YA SCUM!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »
Yes! IMDB has comfirmed that its happening. Great! I'm excited, but let's hope it doesn't come out as a let down.
I am Ambassador Phantom, from the planet Krankor! I am rapidly approaching your planet... in the warship, which you have just seen. I will arrive tomorrow night at precisely eight o'clock. At that time I shall make my wishes known to you. You will obey them... or die! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 03:50:21 PM »
I seem to remember Spielberg saying that the stunts, at least, would all be done by live stuntpeople, and not CGI ones.  So that's good news, at least.

Until Lucas finds a way to release the "Indiana Jones Super Deluxe Extended Collector's Edition - Unrated, Uncut and TOTALLY Uncalled For!" where he replaces the live stunt people with CGI dummies, and digitally rounds the edges of Indy's coupon-cutting scissors so they're "more politically correct." It's how he originally envisioned it, after all.

In actuality I'm looking forward to this and I hope it takes its cue from Rocky Balboa, and lets Indy be old Indy. Although the effects in X-Men 3 to make the young Eric and Xavier were kinda cool.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:52:37 PM by torgosPizza »

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »

Until Lucas finds a way to release the "Indiana Jones Super Deluxe Extended Collector's Edition - Unrated, Uncut and TOTALLY Uncalled For!" where he replaces the live stunt people with CGI dummies, and digitally rounds the edges of Indy's coupon-cutting scissors so they're "more politically correct." It's how he originally envisioned it, after all.

In actuality I'm looking forward to this and I hope it takes its cue from Rocky Balboa, and lets Indy be old Indy. Although the effects in X-Men 3 to make the young Eric and Xavier were kinda cool.

I personally think Spielberg is an infinitely better filmmaker, and he still uses the classic methods. Honest to God, I saw some of the films he made with his grade school friends, and they're technically better than most movies made today...

I hope George lets him do most of the work, and I hope they keep it real, not CG. There's nothing more obvious in the CG world than human characters, and Steven knows it. He'll only employ digital doubles when absolutely necessary. George on the other hand wants to do every freakin' thing in the computer, and it's downright annoying, to say the least.

As for the anti-aging effects in X3 - I was very impressed. It's still noticable, but it really worked well. The technology involved is amazing!

Offline Phantom of Krankor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I've got ya now! YA SCUM!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »
The Indiana Jones movies never were big special effects movies in the first place. They probably would use CGI, but only if it calls for it, say like a scene similar to the melting Nazi scene.
I am Ambassador Phantom, from the planet Krankor! I am rapidly approaching your planet... in the warship, which you have just seen. I will arrive tomorrow night at precisely eight o'clock. At that time I shall make my wishes known to you. You will obey them... or die! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »
Has anyone watched the special features DVD for the Jones movies?

Did you see the work they had to do for the "ghost" scene when they open the Ark?

wow!