login

Author Topic: How do you make a stupid movie even stupider? Show it on BET!  (Read 952 times)

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
How do you make a stupid movie even stupider? Show it on BET!
« on: November 25, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »
(Ok, this thread is going to bust on BET, so naturally I'll be called a "RACIST!!!"  for it. Well,  just to show how little I care about being called a "RACIST!!!" by kneejerk PC pod people, let me put on my white hood and robe as I type this.)

I was flipping channels last night and came across a really dumb movie called "Leprechaun: Back 2 da hood" in which the evil leprechaun was going thru a black neighborhood in the inner city to retrieve his stolen gold.

As I watched it, I was impressed at how the movie was just slightly stupid in some ways, but had a few decent points at times. I was also impressed at how the people running BET must have been even stupider than the stupidest part of the movie.

Basically, they were digitally blurring any scenes of drug use in the movie, and there were plenty of those. So you'd see some black guy dancing and a blur over his mouth, he was smoking a joint. Then they had another black guy and the leprechaun smoking a big bong or crack pipe together, and they would show the bong, then when they lit it up and started sucking smoke, blur!

That's right, whether you can believe it or not, they would clearly show a big old bong, then blur it when it was being smoked, but not when the leprechaun shoved it into the black guy's stomach and killed him with it.

I mean, it was just so stupid. Show a joint, show a guy hold it, then he sticks it in his mouth and they blur it.....

I really think this was the stupidest, most inconsistent kind of censorship I've ever seen.

Congratualtions, BET, on becoming the TV network to show the stupidest thing on TV since Dan Quayle's last interview!

(OK, I am a white man who has just criticized BET. You may all call me a "RACIST!!!" now.)
Everyone who believes in justice, racial equality and free speech should support Duane "the Dog" Chapman and boycott anyone who takes action against him.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: How do you make a stupid movie even stupider? Show it on BET!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 04:17:33 PM »
I've seen The Sci-Fi Channel was doing this too.   Couple of Stoners passing one back and forth in a movie (Critters of something like it).  Whenever they took a hit, the thing was blurred.

But while they were passing it back and forth, not blurred at all.

And what made me maddest about this is you know if it was just your everyday standard cigarette being passed back and forth between two guys, this wouldn't have happened.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:54:40 AM »
Sadly I own Leprechaun: Back 2 da hood on DVD ... censorship is not an issue for me ;D

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:45:35 AM »
(Ok, this thread is going to bust on BET, so naturally I'll be called a "RACIST!!!"  for it. Well,  just to show how little I care about being called a "RACIST!!!" by kneejerk PC pod people, let me put on my white hood and robe as I type this.)

Heh, talk about someone who won't let go of a grudge. For anyone wondering what Zardoz! is referring to, please click here.

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:28:57 AM »
whatever
I really do like pie.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 01:08:03 AM »
RACIST!!!

Sorry, I have no actual opinion on this matter, but you told me I could, and its not often that I get the chance to label people so harshly.

Offline the long undertow

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:43:24 AM »
How long did you watch the stupid movie on the stupid channel before you found something better to do with your time?

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:07:59 AM »
What they should do is just cut the drug use out altogether, not blur it.  They cut out profanity and sex, so why not?  Don't blame BET.  They have to adhere to certain standards, they aren't HBO.  If you don't like it, just buy the DVD.  However, I think I would save my money. 
Are you my virgins?  I hope not!