Author Topic: Subscription Payment Option  (Read 865 times)

Offline jsr

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Subscription Payment Option
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »
I'm going to one-up people who complain about having to type their credit card info each time they buy a rifftrack (Rifftraxen? Rifftraxi? Whatever.) by saying that basically since I want to buy every rifftrax release, perhaps there should be a subscription option? You can bill my credit card an annual or monthly subscription amount, and then give my account access to everything.

Pros:

- Rifftrax gets moneys in advance, in a lump sum.
- Rifftrax gets all the moneys, not just a selection, even if I don't bother watching some of the trax.
- There's only one set of transaction fees for all of the aforementioned moneys.
- I don't feel bad about bitorrenting premixed releases, not that I do that, because it would be Wrong and Bad. But, you know, theoretically.
- Automatic rollover of billing into the next year, with a reminder e-mail to opt out, should anyone wish to do so.

Cons:

- Um. I don't really see any.

Is this an option that could be considered?

Think about it, won't we?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 237
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Subscription Payment Option
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »
We're way ahead of you :) Unfortunately we can't implement it yet, but is on our list of site improvements. It'll happen, hopefully, sooner rather than later.

Offline jsr

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: Subscription Payment Option
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »
We're way ahead of you :) Unfortunately we can't implement it yet, but is on our list of site improvements. It'll happen, hopefully, sooner rather than later.

Excellent news! I'll be first in line to sign up.