Author Topic: Mad Max May- The Forum IRiff Project brought to you by Raven's Riffs.  (Read 35833 times)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 101
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
Re: Gauging interest.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 05:25:01 AM »
That makes sense Pez, but just speaking for myself I wouldn't mind any time investment.  We're only talking, what, ten minutes a day if they're one minute clips?  I spend more time than that trying to think up a joke at TorgoPizza's expense in one thread or another and I get paid nothing for that.  Other than the deep joy I get from making TP cry, which is a lot of emotional payment for me.  Heh.

Thought of another movie: He Was A Quiet Man starring Eliza Cuthbert and Christian Slater.  A totally bizarre movie that features, among other things, a fucking talking fish.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 05:26:25 AM »
I understand what you are saying but keep in mind that MST3K has about five riffs per minute which means that out of each one minute clip you are going to get about five jokes.  That's a lot of people contributing jokes who will not see them in there and a lot of time for you (and contributors) to spend on such little return.  I don't think a five minute duration will result in only a few jokes that everyone makes at the obvious moments leaving silence at the more difficult parts.  Heck, look at the Lost City chapters.  They were more or less the same crap happening in each episode (with the intro exactly the same) yet people managed to come up with new riff after riff even in pretty dull parts.  

I get what you're saying, but ask the Riff Raff guys how much space they have to fill when they take scripts on something.  The Lost City chapters got filled in because the riffers took the time to hammer them out.  It's the whole, "somebody else will get that part" thing that I'm worried about.   If you give someone 100 different pictures to write captions for, they probably aren't going to do all 100.  But if you give them 5 hopefully they'll take the time to write something for each of them.  That's what I'm getting at.  

*Oh and speaking of the lost city, I'm gonna have to re-record my chapter.  There's something wrong with the file that won't encode properly.  I don't know what's wrong but I can't even get a completed file to play on my computer so I'm just gonna start the whole thing over.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 05:28:42 AM »
... among other things, a fucking talking fish.

Big deal,  I have one of those.  And mine doesn't just talk,  it sings.

*I don't actually have one.

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 05:29:41 AM »

*Oh and speaking of the lost city, I'm gonna have to re-record my chapter.  There's something wrong with the file that won't encode properly.  I don't know what's wrong but I can't even get a completed file to play on my computer so I'm just gonna start the whole thing over.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 101
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 05:34:02 AM »
Yeah, I'd be pissed, so sorry to hear that.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 06:00:12 AM »
How about combining the theme of this thread with the theme of another and doing the pilot episode of something, they tend to be around two hours long.

I'm not opposed to doing a TV show pilot, but it would have to be one that I either own already or could pick up fairly cheap.  I'm probably one of the only iRiffers that doesn't record using my computer, so a DVD copy is a necessity for my recording process.  If that's the way everyone wants to go, I'm cool with it, but I don't think that TV show riffs are good for repeat viewings though.  I only watched the Lost, Heroes and Grey's Anatomy riffs once, while almost all the other riffs, I've watched 3 or 4+ times.  Just throwing that out there. 

Are there any big named actors/actresses that Rifftrax haven't picked on yet? 

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 06:28:41 AM »
Are there any big named actors/actresses that Rifftrax haven't picked on yet? 

Clint Eastwood.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 07:09:58 AM »
I just thought of one myself, Mel Gibson. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9928
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 07:11:37 AM »
Braveheart it is then. :)

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 07:13:04 AM »
Maybe Michelle Pfeiffer and Rutger Hauer.

...Don't know WHERE you could find a movie with those two in it, though...

...Oh, right there.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 07:16:55 AM »
Braveheart it is then. :)

Well my coriffer on Twilight, Kate would be happy if that was the pick. 

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 07:22:15 AM »
OH! How about Chuck Norris? I'm actually shocked that nobody has gone after The Norris.

M@

Moleman

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 07:55:01 AM »
What's the movie with him in it where the main bad guy is shouting "BRADOCK!!!!!!"?  That's the one I'd want to do.

Braveheart sounds awesome too.

Once again though these films are long.  It's going to take months to make a riff if you use this method.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9928
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »
Once again though these films are long.  It's going to take months to make a riff if you use this method.

How about:

It's 93 minutes, do it in three minute increments. :)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 08:11:51 AM »

How about:

It's 93 minutes, do it in three minute increments. :)

I could live with this.  Anybody else?