Author Topic: Missed opportunities  (Read 4684 times)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
Re: Missed opportunities
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »
Hey, at least they didn't go for the obvious, huh?
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »
- Vampires have really lousy senses of humor. I'm still amazed they didn't make a crack about "Vampire Bats" while playing baseball.

Argggh!  Missed joke for sure.  Darn.

Must flog myself with metal cilice.

Maybe not that obvious.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 04:49:16 AM »
Oh, here's another thing that needed a riff -- the leggings under the prom dress. (See, as much as I loved the RiffTrax, this sort of thing is why I was hoping for a female riffer. Bridget probably would have caught that and eviscerated it!)
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »
An entire scene with vampires playing baseball, and not one vampire bat joke. :^)

there was one when the three people came to play with them, but now I can't remember the actual lines.

I wanted a joke about how one of the vampires was black, and he wasn't pale--and it's not because he was black---he wasn't pale for a black guy even. kind of like "vampires---they're unusually pale except when they're not!"
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 04:46:02 PM »
An entire scene with vampires playing baseball, and not one vampire bat joke. :^)

there was one when the three people came to play with them, but now I can't remember the actual lines.

I wanted a joke about how one of the vampires was black, and he wasn't pale--and it's not because he was black---he wasn't pale for a black guy even. kind of like "vampires---they're unusually pale except when they're not!"

Yeah, you'd think he would've looked a little . . . drained.

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 07:34:12 PM »
I'm disappointed that none of the riffs noticed that Bella's mom is Nina from 24.  Or maybe they did, but that's just so out of date (been 5 years since she was on the show) that it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Bella's dad was in 24 too.  I knew I'd seen him before, but couldn't place him until I looked it up.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 12:31:55 PM »

Bella's dad was in 24 too.  I knew I'd seen him before, but couldn't place him until I looked it up.

I couldn't place him for the longest time and you inspired me to look him up----I know him from a Monk epidose "Mr Monk and the TV Star". I am SO relieved!

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 02:05:19 PM »

I couldn't place him for the longest time and you inspired me to look him up----I know him from a Monk epidose "Mr Monk and the TV Star". I am SO relieved!

They call me... The Reference Muse.    :D

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »
Well they call me Mr Tibbs....or is it Ishmael?

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4618
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »
Silly newb me (well, back a few months ago when I was one) started the "The Riff That Got Away" in the 'Board Games for the Bored' area... just recently found that they shoulda' been here in the individual RiffTrax areas.  [I'll probably still post in my original thread for older RiffTrax just so more people can see them.]

But... a few here...  [the 'voices' I refer to are the tone of the joke, whose style it seems to fit best]

@~10:50 Bella walks into Bio class, Edward covers his mouth [best after the shot showing his lips straining over fangs]
MissedRiff:  "Soo... I didn't know vampires got fang boners when they got horny."   [I hear this in Bill's voice.]

@~18:35  Bella says, "I don't like cold wet things."  Edward laughs.  Bella asks what's so funny.
MissedRiff:  "Well, when we have sex its just going to be really disappointing for you."  [I hear this in Mike's voice.]

@~78:06  Edward comes into the house and shakes the father's hand.
MissedRiff [purely 'practical', not funny]:  They make a Big Deal out of how cold his skin is, and the sherriff - trained in observation - doesn't notice the guy's dead?  [I hear this in Kevin's voice.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 05:24:11 AM »
Well they call me Mr Tibbs....or is it Ishmael?

They call me Mr. PIE!  AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!  All your PIEs are belong to me!
"Did she just say Chipping?"