Poll

How'd they survive the 'Diamond-faced' Freaks?!

41 (46.1%)
32 (36%)
14 (15.7%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Rank a Twilight!  (Read 30824 times)

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
Re: Rank a Twilight!
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2009, 12:05:17 PM »
Speaking of remind you of other bad movies am I the only one who thinks Twilight is a rip off of Touch of Satan with even more awkward pauses?
and blinking!
and public domain songs.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2009, 03:22:09 PM »
Speaking of remind you of other bad movies am I the only one who thinks Twilight is a rip off of Touch of Satan with even more awkward pauses?
and blinking!
and public domain songs.

When I saw it I was thinking of Touch of Satan the whole time. Great minds think alike, I guess.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Doctor Who?

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »
and blinking!
and public domain songs.

When I saw it I was thinking of Touch of Satan the whole time. Great minds think alike, I guess.

It's pretty much the exact same plot only it's set in highschool so Twilight is stupider then Touch of Satan.

Offline Lovye

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Always and Forever: Disembaudio Squadio
    • S2*
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
Oh, let's just hope there's a "ZA!" and "This is where the fish live," in "New Moon"!  OOOH!!  You know what would make the series complete?  A sweaty nut farmer in "Breaking Dawn".

Offline Ayriana22

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2009, 11:26:59 PM »
Oh, let's just hope there's a "ZA!" and "This is where the fish live," in "New Moon"!  OOOH!!  You know what would make the series complete?  A sweaty nut farmer in "Breaking Dawn".

ROFL! Yes! I'm actually kind of looking forward to New Moon coming out, if only for the iRiff and the rifftrax that will follow shortly thereafter. I'm a little sad though because i'm 100% positive that they are going to pussify the hell out of werewolves just like they did to vampires (though i'm still not entirely convinced the creatures Meyer's has created are vampires, just some weird paranormal blood sucking, sparkly mutant)  I just have to keep telling myself that there will be an Anita Blake movie out soon, based on the books and the romance doesn't start in that series till book 5, so up until that point its all guns, zombies, REAL scary vampires and non-pussified weres.  (and yes i know some ppl out there hate anita blake and thats fine, but its a hell of a lot better than twilight)
"Occasionally,  I'm callous and strange"-Willow -Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Offline Hamdingers

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2009, 09:07:35 PM »
This is where the sparklepire lives!
We want a Mac Rifftrax player, NOW!, no more delays, no more vaporware!

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »
8. I would have given it a 9, but I had to deduct 1 because none of the Riffers sang the ELO song....
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »
8. I would have given it a 9, but I had to deduct 1 because none of the Riffers sang the ELO song....

That would have taken too much Time.  They only meant to stay a while.

Offline MaGurk

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Have you seen this cat? Because it is awesome!
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
Sweet Mercy!  That was riffing gold!  Had me rolling!  Bravo!

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2010, 09:07:30 AM »

That would have taken too much Time.  They only meant to stay a while.

It's either real or it's a dream.  There's nothing that is in between.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2010, 07:32:46 AM »
+1
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2011, 09:16:38 PM »
I don't usually get my wife to watch many rifftrax / MST3K... But she will occasionally kick back and watch one with me when a subject movie rolls around that she is familiar with. We both liked the first Twilight movie when we saw it on DVD a few years back, it wasn't good but not particularly awful either. It's somewhat passable in the general sense...assuming you can get past the very earnest "we're taking this sillyness very seriously" vibe of the whole thing and just enjoy the pulp romance / popcorn flick aspects.

Anyways, we finally got around to watching the rifftrax... and the guys brought a lot of big belly laughs... the kind where you have to pause the DVD because you are missing subsequent jokes. Always a good sign. My wife wasn't laughing quite as hard or as often as I was.. but she got a lot of chuckles as well. She did say that she probably couldn't handle watching a rifftrax without having already seen the movie because "they talk too much over the actors"... but she is looking forward to watching the next two Twilight riffs in the next week or two.

They threw a lot of riffs out in this one, really rapid fire throughout, and a noticeable amount of riffs fell flat for me... But even so, the high quantity of big home run laugh out loud zingers puts this one amongst their very best work. I gave it a nine.