Poll

How'd they survive the 'Diamond-faced' Freaks?!

41 (46.1%)
32 (36%)
14 (15.7%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Rank a Twilight!  (Read 29640 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2621
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Rank a Twilight!
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2009, 09:03:10 PM »
The worse a movie the more I tend to enjoy the riffing.

I can certainly appreciate jokes on a movie I like, but it won't quite go... over the top.

And I completely disagree with your review. ;P
FINE

Offline RockSiren

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 24
    • The Store
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »
I watched "Twilight" sans RiffTrax (...don't ask).  Now, I was expecting horrible, godawful drivel with much pandering to be had by all.  I know many will disagree, but I came to find out that I found the characters believable enough, the acting on par and the plot coherent (unlike most of this sentence).  The reason for this confession is so that I may ask.......

Do people find this RiffTrax a 9 or 10 because it appeases hatred for "Twilight" or would it still be as good if you felt indifferent about the movie?

Well, I actually liked Kristen Stewart in another movie I saw her in a few years ago (Speak), and I thought NONE of the main cast even TRIED in this movie, except the extras and supporting characters (I think thats supposed to be reversed).  RT has done movies that I liked before (Star Trek 6, The Two Towers, Spiderman 2) and I didnt mind, its a different experience of watching with the guys' comments. 

The sad part is, on the recommendation of a friend, I listened to the book as an audiobook about 2 months before the movie came out, and sadly, the movie is spot on.  I got about 95% of the way done, and couldnt make it.  The book was just as bad.  Youre certainly welcome to youre opinion about the movie, but it did, in my opinion, deserve the riffing.  My sister didnt read the book or really know anything about it, wanted to see it in the theater.  I was invited and declined, citing my bitterness over the book and she didnt end up going.  After watching Twilight and the Rifftrax, she thanked me for discouraging her.

Not to put down RT, but Twilight has millions of fans (god knows why) and it will do fine with or without us.  I was so horrified by the book, that I was happy they were going to RT the movie.  Its not one of my favorite trax, but its pretty damn good.  I wouldnt have been able to get through it without it.  But its an interesting question for others...

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2009, 02:16:06 PM »
Even if I didn't know anything about Twilight and just sat down to watch the movie with rifftrax, I would still love it the same. I can look at things objectively. It was such bad acting and filmmaking overall, and had such good material for the rifftrax guys that it turned out hilarious. My annoyance with it's existence is beside the point. But that's just me. I personally rate this as the #2 best RT, just below SW Holiday Special.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline RockSiren

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 24
    • The Store
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »
And also keep in mind that Roadhouse is one of Mike's favorite movies (apparently) and yet Ive heard jokes throughout MST3K about it over the years and its one of the first RT's ever done.  I mean honestly, I think we ALL have a favorite movie thats pretty bad- one of mine is "Return of the Living Dead 2"- pretty campy, actually, self-aware and entertaining all at once.  I know its not "American Beauty" or anything, but its one I could watch a gazillion times. 

MightyJack

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2009, 02:36:58 AM »
I was a MSTie because of the jokes, the movies were there to give them something to work on but the movies themselves didn't mean much to me. Most of my riffing grades from MST to CT to Rifftrax are primarily driven by the humor. the amount of laughter I receive. There are always exceptions and sometimes a movie can grab too much of my attention (Casablanca). But generally (Which leads to..).

watched this again last night and Christ my sides hurt. Big laughs, I mean big barrel, shake the rafter type laughter. Yeah it earns my 10 on those merits alone.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:40:16 AM by George Harrison »

Offline Lazarus Dark

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2009, 12:18:04 AM »
SPARKLY!!!!!!

This just proves that the latest generation is the lamest generation ever, their vampires are FABULOUUUUUS....

*puts on Spinal Tap accent* "This one goes to eleven."

I had a large group for this one. We had to stop the movie for twenty minutes after the "SONG"! Holy Crap, we just all DIED! We were rolling on the floor for fifteen minutes trying to recover from that song. Is that available as a ringtone somewhere, I WANT IT! It was hard to keep going after that, but this is the instant favorite riff of the whole group.

I gotta say though, without the riffing, I would absolutely have slit my wrists after watching this thing. I didn't know just how emo an emo movie could get! How was there not a mass teen girl suicide after the release of this super-emo-movie?

Is Emo-tastic a word?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2621
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2009, 12:19:28 AM »
Is Emo-tastic a word?

No, but Emo-tacular is.
FINE

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
SPARKLY!!!!!!

This just proves that the latest generation is the lamest generation ever, their vampires are FABULOUUUUUS....

*puts on Spinal Tap accent* "This one goes to eleven."

I had a large group for this one. We had to stop the movie for twenty minutes after the "SONG"! Holy Crap, we just all DIED! We were rolling on the floor for fifteen minutes trying to recover from that song. Is that available as a ringtone somewhere, I WANT IT! It was hard to keep going after that, but this is the instant favorite riff of the whole group.

I gotta say though, without the riffing, I would absolutely have slit my wrists after watching this thing. I didn't know just how emo an emo movie could get! How was there not a mass teen girl suicide after the release of this super-emo-movie?

Is Emo-tastic a word?

I agree about the song---I want it too!! So brilliant!

ANd I agree that without the riffs this movie is unbearable. I dare not attempt it. Even w/ the RT it's soooo painful, but so worth the pain.

Offline Tenn1502

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2009, 08:12:38 PM »
This looks like such a great riff, it's a shame I wouldn't touch this movie with a 10 foot cattle prod. Maybe if my girlfriend ever forces me to watch it I can listen to this on my iPod.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6840
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2009, 05:23:46 AM »
you do yourself a disservice, tenn. :(
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »
This looks like such a great riff, it's a shame I wouldn't touch this movie with a 10 foot cattle prod. Maybe if my girlfriend ever forces me to watch it I can listen to this on my iPod.

I too hate this movie, the idea, the frenzy, and I knew how bad it was too. I saw it, though, because it was riffed by all three. But take it from me---you're missing out. It's freaking brilliant. Actually, the fact that I hate the whole Twilight franchise and frenzy so much MAKES the movie funnier because it's so satisfying to make fun of it. Rather like defacing a poster of Twilight, or burning a pile of the books would be.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
I gave it a nine.  It was a really great track.

One thing I would like to know is why the whole movie is tinted blue?

So many great lines I can't pick one as a favorite.

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2009, 05:27:45 AM »
One thing I would like to know is why the whole movie is tinted blue?

They filmed in Washington.  That's a blue state, isn't it?

My slightly more serious guess:  the director of Twilight studied under Roger Christian, who gave us Battlefield Earth.  Be glad the camera wasn't constantly tilted at thirty degrees as well.
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Doctor Who?

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2009, 06:54:21 AM »
Speaking of remind you of other bad movies am I the only one who thinks Twilight is a rip off of Touch of Satan with even more awkward pauses?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6840
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »
Speaking of remind you of other bad movies am I the only one who thinks Twilight is a rip off of Touch of Satan with even more awkward pauses?
and blinking!
dF = 0
d*F = J