login

Poll

How'd they survive the 'Diamond-faced' Freaks?!

41 (46.1%)
32 (36%)
14 (15.7%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Rank a Twilight!  (Read 28867 times)

Offline Gamera

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
    • VincentCalenzo.com
Re: Rank a Twilight!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 11:29:11 AM »
Great Rifftrax.  Really shitty movie.  The kids today... They're horrible.

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Give me your pudding!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 12:23:15 PM »
Holy sh%^ that movie sucks. I dont see how anyone could get through that movie without a rifftrax. 

I gave it an 8, the guys get a 9 but a -1 for choice of movie. I feel bad because I said bad movies are good, but this one is too bad. It's up there with star wars holiday special. That had a good rifftrax and was funny, but was unbearable to watch, as was this movie.
The Ood: The Beast and his armies will rise from the pit to make war against God.
Rose: I'm sorry?
The Ood: Apologies. I said: I hope you enjoy your meal.

Offline Bill Corbett

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 02:56:03 PM »
I gave it a 9, but it was a very solid trax.  Maybe the sheer badness of the movie affected my vote.  Seriously, it's like if you took BTVS and removed the mythos, conflict, humor, and drama.  Oh, and strip away any element of female empowerment.  I have heard Ike Turner songs that were more pro-female.

What does BTVS stand for? =o

"Boris: Transvestite Veal Salesman"

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3786
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 03:59:32 PM »
I gave it a 9, but it was a very solid trax.  Maybe the sheer badness of the movie affected my vote.  Seriously, it's like if you took BTVS and removed the mythos, conflict, humor, and drama.  Oh, and strip away any element of female empowerment.  I have heard Ike Turner songs that were more pro-female.

What does BTVS stand for? =o

"Boris: Transvestite Veal Salesman"

MightyJack

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 10:11:48 PM »
Oh hell yeah, I loved the movie! I don't mean I love, loved the movie, but I loved it like I love Wurlwilf for MST. Perfect silly flick for a riffing.

I don't give grades in most of my reviews, but when I do, I grade on a curve. So giving this a 10 is high praise indeed. Hilarious trax, I was in stitches the whole time... My full review - Twilight

Edit: I watched this twice today, laughed like mad both times. Still have zero problem with the movie. Bad, sure, but It's wonderfuly riffable.

Edit of the edit: I had to watch this the old fashioned way, the rifftrax player wouldn't work with it, in fact I couldn't get the movie to play on the computer at all. I got an error message that said the film has coding that was blocking my ability to watch it. (I have been able to watch everything else I rent) - What? Now this movie thinks it's too good for my computer?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:20:49 PM by George Harrison »

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »
If it gets me commenting, then you know it's good. It's been a long time since Rifftrax has made me laugh this much, I give it a 10!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »
If it gets me commenting, then you know it's good. It's been a long time since Rifftrax has made me laugh this much, I give it a 10!

Like spotting the elusive and mythical Yeti. Glad to know it made you laugh, Greg. :)

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »
I can't bring myself to buy the movie or the riff. The movie is a complete turn off for me. I'd rather watch Crossroads unriffed than watch Twilight riffed.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »
I can't bring myself to buy the movie or the riff. The movie is a complete turn off for me. I'd rather watch Crossroads unriffed than watch Twilight riffed.

So then why are you posting in this thread?

"I'm going to post a message in this topic that is about people who have watched the movie to tell them I'm not going to watch the movie." Amazing.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3786
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »

"I'm going to post a message in this topic that is about people who have watched the movie to tell them I'm not going to watch the movie." Amazing.
Damn!

Now Why didn't I do this to start with?! :o

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5648
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »

To bump his post count up?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 11:15:09 PM »

To bump his post count up?

It was rhetorical :P Now please move along and ignore these last few posts.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 11:18:06 PM »
I've spent the whole year avoiding Twilight---even before it came out, I didn't want any part of it, and when I found out nhow bad it was, I rejoiced that I narrowly escapes the bush.

Then I see those fatal words on top of the forum page: "Get TWILIGHT!!!"

Ugh........I thought, I can't sit through this movie, even for a rifftrax. Then I realized, hey, I sat through some of the worst movies ever made as MSTs----Merlin's Shop, Hobgoblins, Manos, and of course The Incredibly Strange.......Zombies----and now they're some of my favorite episodes.

So is this movie worth renting/borrowing/buying the riff? The comments so far have been ambiguous. Compared to the worst rifftrax movie ever made----the Star Wars Holiday Special----how is this?
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 11:31:41 PM »
Compared to the Holiday Special, Twilight's a bit lumpy and quite a bit Itchy...

(Personally speaking) I don't think Twilight was as bad as the holiday special

And yes, I'd recommend the Twilight RiffTrax (gave it a 10, I did) One of the best IMO

Hi-freakin-larious

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5648
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 08:46:18 AM »
Star Wars Holiday Special was so bad in a goofy way. Twilight is so bad in a boring way. The Rifftrax is hilarious, but to decide if you want to rent to movie, you have to compare the movie more to tripe like Crossroads, not SWHS.